[2.0] Ayron's Static Strike Crit-Dagger Shadow

Hi,

I have a few questions about this build because i'm only playing since 2 month at PoE, so don't blame me if my questions sounds stupid for you ^^

- Is this build viable without shield ? (With double dagger for example) --> is Dual Wielding possible?

- Is "Physical To Lightning" gem worth it ? I ask this because you said that with this gem linked to static strike you can't leech life and mana on hit right ? So how can you survive here without life leech ? Isn't "faster attacks" or even "added lighting damage" better ??

- In the skil tree, why don't you take "Shock" (+12% lightning damage) or Arcting Blows (+30% increased Lightning damage with weapons) to max out the static strike lightning damage? (on top right corner of the skill tree).

thanks a lot!
Is this build viable for Tempest league? Abyssus sounds scary to use.

I remember using Static strike with The bringer of Rain in the previous hardcore league, and it worked very well.

If you think it's hc viable please let me know!
In my opinion not viable for HC. And i have not the Abyssus yet.
I have 10000+eva and if you are hit in Maps lvl72+ = rip.
Immortal call is on cwdt+increased duration. Enduring cry solo. (Without Daresso's)
Not 100% reliable. With this build you have to accept some deaths time to time in my opinion.
Not so far from a glass canon build. 3500 life ... 4000 max ..

Maybe better with Block.
my2cents.

But, anyway i have fun in Warbands and now i am looking at Flicker Strike to second it.
If you're going through hell, keep going. Timezone GMT +2:00
Last edited by Amoilesmobs on Aug 1, 2015, 9:06:40 AM
Hey! I'm on holidays atm and I don't really have an access to the Internet. Anyway, I'll try to answer your questions.

"
Amoilesmobs wrote:

And, as you said, it's indeed not very easy to get the right colors on items. 4 Reds on your boots ... gg! o_0

Just a lucky chrom - it's easier to get 4R on abyssus and 2r2g on boots.

"

Is this build viable for Tempest league? Abyssus sounds scary to use.

Answer is here:

"
Amoilesmobs wrote:
In my opinion not viable for HC. And i have not the Abyssus yet.
I have 10000+eva and if you are hit in Maps lvl72+ = rip.
Immortal call is on cwdt+increased duration. Enduring cry solo. (Without Daresso's)
Not 100% reliable. With this build you have to accept some deaths time to time in my opinion.
Not so far from a glass canon build. 3500 life ... 4000 max ..

However, with some adjustments and dropping abyssus it might work. But still - it's not 99% safe.

"
DevillkRazz wrote:

1. Is this build viable without shield ? (With double dagger for example) --> is Dual Wielding possible?

2. Is "Physical To Lightning" gem worth it ? I ask this because you said that with this gem linked to static strike you can't leech life and mana on hit right ? So how can you survive here without life leech ? Isn't "faster attacks" or even "added lighting damage" better ??

3. In the skil tree, why don't you take "Shock" (+12% lightning damage) or Arcting Blows (+30% increased Lightning damage with weapons) to max out the static strike lightning damage? (on top right corner of the skill tree).

1. Yeah, why not - I prefer shield because it's easier to get cap resistances with lightning coil.

2. Yes, at some point (don't remember now, but it's around 17 gem lvl) damage convertion to lightning reaches 100% so you can't rely on physical mana or life leech. I use life flasks with recharge on crit and even with blood rage degen it works smooth. (degen is 0.4% instead of 4% due to passive nodes). I'd rather go for added fire than added lightning or faster attacks.

3. Just a preference. I used Arcting Blows in 1.3, but now I'd rather go for frenzy charges.

I hope that's all and clear, thanks for following, I'll continue my guide once I come back from holidays :) Cya!

Thanks for answering, have a nice holidays sir. ;)

Well, i like your build, but ..

i am looking at you Doryani's Catalyst !
Dual Wield Crit Doryani's Catalyst for Static Strike !
No need for mace nodes -> phys dmg and dual wield nodes.
Blast Radius.
Leech on elemental on each (non additional though .. but hey, some leech here at last !)
++ elemental dmg.
Dual Wield Block. No dodge though .. Stone of Lazhwar ?

Thinking ...

Not exactly the same build but still a Static Strike-Crit-Shadow. Hmm ...

Abyssus + Lightning Coil (if you can afford it) + dual wield Doryani's Catalyst !
What a dps beast it must be !
Maybe too hard for resists and all. No resists on shield/neck ... dropping atziri's step ?

Also looking at Less Duration gem for Static to reduce explosions delay.

Thinking ...

:D

Last edited by Amoilesmobs on Aug 2, 2015, 6:17:40 AM
Seems nice but local crit on Doryani's is really low comparing to daggers which might have even more than 9%. I'd rather drop crit nodes and go for pure elemental + frenzy charges (arcing blows, forces of nature, dual wielding nodes). It might turn out to be realy good :)

We've been testing less duration at the realy beginning of this thread and it was not worth it. The explosion ratio is fast enough imo.

Cheers.
Last edited by AyronExile on Aug 2, 2015, 10:31:06 AM
I saw some nice builds with dual Doryani's Catalyst and Crit.
Anyway if i wish to do it with my Shadow it's like 40 respect points now ... so .. :p
Elemental nodes with these babies might be better. Will see.

I will keep to improve my Shadow your way, lvl83 atm, works very fine, a little squeeshy though : waiting to 5L my Daresso's. :soon: Then it will be time to think about Lightning Coil. When i get rich. :p Not sure about this part.

On the other hand, i am trying dual wield way with a Duelist( Doryani's 2x, 4ex, hmm again ok :p, not so expensive compare to other op uniques), Lvl30 atm, to get both Templar/Shadow nodes.
No Whirling Blades but Leap Slam. I am not a Leap Slam fan. But hey, i am trying.

We will see how it goes for both.

Static Strike/Abyssal cry all the way.

P.S
i run your build with Abyssal cry + Increased Area of Effect and it synergize great, but it cost a lot in Strengh, it's the downside of it. Better to know if someone want to give it a try.
Will post my gear next post.

Edit :

A word on Bino's Kitchen Knife.
I heard the life regen on it works like a charm. Especially with Adder's Touch node ! Interesting when you look at Blood Rage. It could sold any regen problem.
Last edited by Amoilesmobs on Aug 3, 2015, 7:35:44 PM
"
It might turn out to be realy good :)

Hi there! :)
1) What do you think about such chahges in passive tree: dropping "Depth Perception" nodes (-3, taking 18% frenzy charge dur. instead of 10 dex), taking Jewel socket (near "Fervor" node, +2), and taking 0.4% phys life leech node (+1, near "Savagery")?

2) Grabbing Vaal pact is useless?
Last edited by waw1 on Oct 3, 2015, 4:47:00 PM
Well.. I did almost everything like in your guide Iron, but about Atziri, can't even pass through her guard's (those three before her chamber). I have 88lvl, nodes (almost)like in your tree and I dont know what i did wrong. My gear and gems:
Spoiler

And my tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABS0FfQW1Bx4M8g2NDdEOSBGWFr8ZtCLqI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDY9OkI-z0MxRwZJUUp9S3hM_02STipRR1O7VUtW9VoaW69d8mHiYqxjQ2VNZ6BqjGqTbAhsjG1sbmlwUnBWdO19dX3jfyuHdonTjAuMNo19jb-OipAblS6X0JoTnaqi2aOKpcumf6xmsNi0xbVIuT65fL02vea-p7_VwzPIFNN-1CPUQtX41orYdtrB227b1Nvn3ajjhOOf51TndOjW6f7ssO1B7g7vevDV8Yry4fVv_MX-uv_e

I have 3,5k hp, no ES and 1k mana. 7000 ER. I know it's not much, but I have no problems with "no mana" and no troubles with anything else (I know that dies in time to time is normally).
In any fight situation, I'm getting hardly kicked in my ass, but this is cons of this build and I know, I need to have good life leech. I'm thinking about change some gem linked to Static Strike to Life leech, for better and faster leeching.

Well.. I hope you guys give me some advices about this all. I wish to do my first Atziri-kill with this build, but still cant.

And Iron, may you update your build after patch ? skill tree was reseted :P
Last edited by Yatori90 on Mar 7, 2016, 5:27:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info