[2.0] Ayron's Static Strike Crit-Dagger Shadow

I think this build might be too risky for HC, but it's not impossible to do. Just grab more life nodes around. Let me know about your progress, I'm very curious.
Last edited by BigSmelly on Dec 21, 2014, 10:53:57 AM
awesome build i'm loving it lvl 78 currently on std my dps for static is 24k - low life is no issue

My gear
Spoiler
Last edited by Wildenemy on Dec 21, 2014, 11:44:35 AM
"
BigSmelly wrote:
Very nice guide and build. I am a little concerned with the low HP because I like to play recklessly. I don't mind sacrificing a little damage. Just wondering what you all think of these skill trees.

Shadow 178 life Link

Ranger 195 life Link

Very nice and solid trees, at first sight. Akaryuuki may want to try it on his Bloodlines character. I'll analyze your ideas thoroughly later and maybe add "Hardcore section" to my guide! Thanks a lot mate!

"
Wildenemy wrote:
awesome build i'm loving it lvl 78 currently on std my dps for static is 24k - low life is no issue

My gear
Spoiler

I'm glad to hear it :) Good luck!
Well so, on 32 lvl build on HC is OP.
Its like flicker strike v2.
Until lvl 32 by dps was 350, 420 with wrath.
On lvl 32 i have 800 dps, which is with this dagger http://scr.hu/2bnf/nb2jc
Also linked herald of thunder with added lighting, and static strike, with psycical to lighting and multistrike.
Now it looks like that http://scr.hu/2bnf/3ofog
I will give some more responce after doing Dominius, so maybe this build is also very good for HC.
We will see.
one minor point:

why didn't you take the increased power charge duration node next to Infused by shadow start? That way you can spec out of the two dex nodes underneath, saving one skill point. Perhaps you needed the dex?
has anyone tried Atziri's with this build yet?
"
bigangryhippo wrote:
one minor point:

why didn't you take the increased power charge duration node next to Infused by shadow start? That way you can spec out of the two dex nodes underneath, saving one skill point. Perhaps you needed the dex?

Updated. I could have needed them and then forgot to change it in the guide. Thanks for reminder.

"
Wildenemy wrote:
has anyone tried Atziri's with this build yet?

I planned to do that, but unfortunatelly I fcked up sockets in my Lightning Coil and I run in Tabulara Rasa instead :D Atziri must be lethal for that setting.

At once I achieve, I'll post a video.

REMOVED - dual post by accident.
Last edited by Siliarus on Dec 23, 2014, 7:37:15 AM
As we previously talked with Ayron, here is my promised full ele dmg version of static strikes build. And please accept my apology for the delay - been busy lately.
Also please bear in mind that I started this build on Torment (hence no currency) and I started as ele hit build and switched to this a little later (but as of now, all points should be re-specced correctly).

@Ayron: feel free to extract this build and/or its parts and add to to your main post if you wish to have a full ele version published there :)

Quick overview:
Dagger,
Static Strikes,
Physical to Lightning,
Shield,
Heralds,
more Heralds,
autocurse,
Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics,
Flask facerolling
and more!

Now step by step :)

Skill tree:

Keystones:
Acrobatics
Phase Acrobatics
Ondar's Guile

This tree might have some flaws, its first version and respecced from ele hit build. Feel free to suggest changes :)

Current gear:
The gear is not much and I just got my hands on 6link. Nevertheless I am capped and have some health on gear and it works pretty well.
My gear

Explanation:

Maligaro's Virtuosity - crit change & dmg, since you use daggers, this is awesome boost. However it is not a must, rare gloves with attack speed and phys are good as well

Suggestions:

Bino's Kitchen Knife - this would fit just perfectly, but I cannot really afford it atm.

Great Old One's Ward - the new DPS shield; perfect match for this build since I am not aiming to have shield for blocks. This one would give me a huge additional dmg while still offering some extra health. Only to be used once you can be capped without your shield. Further explanation in defense section below.

Gems:
Static strike - Multistrike - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Leech - Melee Phys Dmg
=> I went for life leech as 5th gem since I didn't need to leech until that point (potions were enough), but feel free to pick it in whichever order you like. Just keep in mind that WED is the biggest boost here since this is 100% ele dmg
=> I suggest not using crit dmg as it was nerfed by roughly 40%, atm melee phys as 6th link will be your best pick but I am testing that atm

Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assasin's mark (- Reduced Mana -> hard to fit into sockets, not neccessary to reduce mana cost)
=> autocurse happens here, once you kill the shocked target, herald will curse enemies for you, giving you dmg boost AND free power charges!

Herald of Ash - Herald Of Ice - Grace - Reduced Mana
=> unless you can afford that use ONE herald + Grace; Ash for faster clearing & more dmg and Ice for defensive playstyle since it slows and freezes

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Power Charge on Crit
=> escape ability augmented with the possibility to grant you power charges; 4th link can be critical chance to further increase the chance of getting the charge

CWDT - Enduring cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
=> obvious; lvl up as needed, I have mine CWDT on lvl 5

Offense mechanism
Since you have full ele dmg and in fact almost full lightning dmg, you are going to shock a lot more than with hybrid dmg. This is granted by using Physical to Lightning gem. Furthermore this gem gives extra dmg (similar to melee phys dmg, so a lot more dmg).
Static Strikes have in built AoE mechanism - for each hit you LAND you gain a Static Strike buff - a "charge" which goes off in 0.75 seconds dealing AoE dmg to all enemies (30% less dmg). So there is no need for melee splash!

Allow me a tiny note on power charges as well. In my tree I took +1 charge and increased duration. Another charge goes from bandit reward. That makes 5 charges, which are stacked for free just as you fight. It is surely a worthy boost for crit dagger build - do go for it!

My current DPS is:
30 380 with Herald of Thunder + Ash and NO charges
37 163 with Herald of Thunder + Ash and 5 charges

Defense mechanism
This build goes for evasion. For this reason you need to pick Acro & Phase Acro and Ondar ASAP.
The Grace aura is a key one here - you will need a body armour with eva/armor (gem coloring), so you won't have all that much evasion!
Also I am wearing a shield but NOT picking block nodes. I only have the shield to cap out my resists and/or boost my health and evasion while lvling and farming. This is very useful as shields can provide hundreds of ele resistences along with health and are very cheap. Another point is that every shield has around 25% block chance, 1/4 of attacks blocked for free, just because you wear a shield. However once you do not need resists any more, I suggest you pick Great Old One's Ward for physical dmg, attack speed and health. It is an awesome item added in 1.3.0.

This build also has huge mobility due to Whirling Blades and fast attack speed of daggers. You are going to be whirling (and desyncing :D) all over the place!

Also you might have noticed there is no Vaal Pact. The reason is I only use life leech gem and there is no other source of healing so I don't think it would be enough. Also I haven't had problems so far - not even with reflects. The only problem is the same for all evasion build -> physical hard hits.

It is wortly to mention the potions as well. You want to have the Surgeon's prefix (recharge on crit), since your crit chance will be around 50% WITHOUT charges. So yea...you can faceroll potions with this build :D

Cons
There are some cons to playing this as Shadow. Mainly I lack Strength and I need some of it on my gear.
The other problem is socket coloring since you need 5R 1B for your main skill (e.g. on body armour) BUT you want to play evasion based char. This inevitably leads to armor/eva item with low evasion. Furthermore it is hard to place the autocursing gem setup alongside reduced mana (3B 1R)
Physical dmg is going to give you hard time - as it is with ANY Acro char. One nicely rolled Collosal Bonestalker can hit you for 80% health but hey, that is why we have CWDT.
Mana - you might want to take some extra mana nodes since you DO NOT leech mana. Myself I am fine with just potion which recharges on crit.

Pros
Shocking - you shock everything and anything. Most Lightning spells have 1-x dmg but you convert physical to lgihtning meaning even with minimal hit you are likely to shock.
Static Strike - in built AoE, nice gem quality improvement (increases AoE)
Mobility - whirl your way in and out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info