1.3.0 Patch Notes

I now really regret spending a total of $150 on this game. I probably won't be playing due to these garbage changes.
Last edited by Relytz on Dec 12, 2014, 5:15:09 PM
That day was a quiet night, I woke up from a nightmare...
It was crazy and confusing, I saw a Mirror of Kalandra...
But then I remembered...
Then I realized the devastating truth ...
This world is an illusion, Exile.
"
Revy_Slan wrote:

People like you (and there have been hundreds in this thread) who have no understanding of the people you're so eagerly dismissing and of their history with the game are doing God's work to keep the community together. Not.

You might want to re-count that number. I haven't touched standard league in my life. I haven't copied one shot uber builds or other builds which are centered around the acquisition of unique items and I haven't played with non-self found end game uniques either. This patch is the wrong fix for the wrong problems, on many levels.

You're helping to alienate people like me as well, and we're nothing like what you pretend for the sake of feeling holier than thou.

This patch makes it so that ranged uber builds are the only thing left, as defense was taken out of the game in the completely wrong way.

ok maybe not the 99.9% but at least the 90% of them!

so if you didn't copied the most OP melee max block build why you're upset then?

this patch is by far THE BEST PATCH GGG MADE IN HISTORY OF POE!

i'm gonna say it one more time... PoE is not made for casuals. if you can't handle that, then..there are other friendly-noob-enviroment arpgs to play with.
Beta Member Since 2010
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
Revy_Slan wrote:

People like you (and there have been hundreds in this thread) who have no understanding of the people you're so eagerly dismissing and of their history with the game are doing God's work to keep the community together. Not.

You might want to re-count that number. I haven't touched standard league in my life. I haven't copied one shot uber builds or other builds which are centered around the acquisition of unique items and I haven't played with non-self found end game uniques either. This patch is the wrong fix for the wrong problems, on many levels.

You're helping to alienate people like me as well, and we're nothing like what you pretend for the sake of feeling holier than thou.

This patch makes it so that ranged uber builds are the only thing left, as defense was taken out of the game in the completely wrong way.

so if you didn't copied the most OP melee max block build why you're upset then?

i'm gonna say it one more time... PoE is not made for casuals. if you can't handle that, then..there are other friendly-noob-enviroment arpgs to play with.
if its not made for casuals why is there even a standard league , why isnt it just hardcore for all the hardcore players ? :)
"
Kalidor wrote:

Like I already said, because it reduces the number of "viable" builds instead of increasing them. Ranged will dominate even more than before now. People didn't pick up these stats, gems and uniques for no reason. They did it because they had to in order to not have to play these one shot ranged builds.

To nerf AA, and block in passives to the ground because it is "too readily available", when people skipped block all around to simply run with an Atziri flask to max it out on use (or other 20%+ uniques) is insane. I repeat: it was impossible to achieve max block without these and just running shield+passives+tempest shield before, not to speak of the damage you'd be missing then.

I'm also upset because it reduces character individualization all around, by taking some facets out of comprehensive passive builds... instead of nerfing the corresponding unique items.

It makes no sense.

And that last part of your comment is dubious as well, as this nerf is clearly targeted at two groups of people: 1) standard league players who can horde those unique items and currency which make these stats broken by not facing the threat of death and having the items decay into lower leagues and 2) super no life people, of whom there is only a handful, who manage to acquire that kind of currency in temporary hardcore leagues. This patch is targeted at standard and at players with the means to have any gear they want anyways, and kills everyone else.
Last edited by Revy_Slan on Dec 12, 2014, 5:35:37 PM
Hmmmm, whats the one thing in the game that still allows melee to somehow survive. Oh right max block. Let's just nerf the shit out of block and not give any other defensive buffs to compensate so we make sure melee builds are nonexistent in hardcore.

GG GGG
Last edited by Nycro on Dec 12, 2014, 5:31:01 PM
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
Revy_Slan wrote:

You have no clue about how many people contributed to the core value of this game. Your one sided thought should get you banned. No compassion for people that enjoyed the casual play of this game. Many casual players paid to support GGG. What a prick.
I never would have thought you'd have me considering quitting only 2 years into the game's life.

Congratulations, I'm losing interest.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the patch notes.

I seriously never thought I'd feel this way about GGG. (Or at least not so soon... WTF happened?) :(
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Well, until the patch goes through and the updates made, I won't jump to conclusions regarding my Witch; it may not be as bad as I think haha.
"
if its not made for casuals why is there even a standard league , why isnt it just hardcore for all the hardcore players ? :)

cause of the idea they first had (early CB) when the dead character moved to a standard league and not perma-death :)

Beta Member Since 2010

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info