Rate my duelist for 1.3

This is what I'd do. Took out lust for carnage and the berserking highway. This has like 20% increased life along with the executioner notable. 114 points.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I have a lot of experience with MoM. Look at it this way, if you have 900 mana left unreserved, only 30% of that is going to be adding to your life, so 300 more Ehp is essentialy what you would be gaining from MoM. Really not worth it unless you have at least 1500 mana unreserved imho.

When I had my MoM incinerate tank I had 2000+ mana unreserved, and you could tell that it made a huge difference at that point.
^i think you just replied on my second link(the pure life RT version :p)

This thread is about the duelist hybrid no EB, MoM.

Still that's a nice life based build you made. if i would change anything, i would take out the "executioner" pathing and put lust of carnage back in. Coupled with a single life leach roll anywhere else on your gear and the life regen you don't have to utilize life leach or LgoH in your main skill link then.

And another free gem slot is usually another 20% more dps.

Also an underlying thing on the life based build was to reach 500str, so i can scale that even up further with gear and then use the 18%str boots to scale the total sum even up higher.

i might utilize your template for some further thought do, it's a cool alternative pathing you use, but it sacrifices the berserking notable to do so, and attack speed is really fucking sweet on an RT build :p.

Ill fiddle a bit with your tree and see if i can squeeze out the same number on AS%.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
what is your planned weapon? because you have like 300% inc damage and 90% attack speed. no crit, resolute, no auras (maybe hatred) etc

what is your source of damage? because you might survive (see no problem with that) but the damage output.. well..

also - this is for lvl100. its insanity. with such damage getting anywhere near 90 is going to take extreme time

with MoM - previous poster has a point (but the 'recommended' remaining mana value depends HEAVILY on regen/flat mana - it can be lower with 350mana/sec regen one can reach with 5000+mana). while the new 'mana management' nodes near duelist are nice flavor these might not be enough to sustain mana esp when zerged down

one of the reasons why Pledge of Hands is so good is because it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get zerged down and loose AA/spells. with your build i sense a swift death because of no mana for emergency leap slam. it happened to me and now i know better to be VERY careful with AA + MoM (or just MoM/Cloak) - going out of mana WILL kill you

btw - Duelist.. just roll anything else. melee MoM? Templar with Cloak is sadly much better choice
Pretty original build. I imagine that you are planning to get MoM and the three mana nodes at very high levels? You will need exrtremely good gear to make MoM worth the point investment (you need to get at least 700 life as mana from it). It will be hard to have the auras you want while having that much free mana as a Melee char.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Obviously its going to be a 2h sword slinger with cleave, i mean i am going all ineffective melee with this stuff. Gotta keep with the theme no? :D

About the zerg stuff, like i mentioned i have no experience with MoM so far, which is one of the reasons to make this build. But i could in theory get cleave on bloodmagic so i have pure regen and revelry on mana.

Some mana leach will probably also do wonders.

I will probably have mediocre armor/evasion depending on gear choice and 7 endurance charges which should reduce damage quite a bit.

AA is also an option since i am immobile while cleaving.

I am obviously not going for an optimal build, but for something lulzy and fun to play around with and gain experience/knowledge about the mechanic.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
Rate my duelist for 1.3

I thought like there will be a build based on shadow or ranger or for whatever reason - marauder, and people would start asking you questions and you would reply like: "Shadow is the best duelist, deal with it!"

But since there is actually a Duelist involved, my rate is:

Spoiler
Masochist/10
Lust for carnage is never worth it. This build gets so much regen that it's very easy to use blood rage for frenzy charges( yay! APS) and life leech.

For the MoM version, honestly, it looks fine to me. Can't really think of anything for it.. I think max mana might help you a lot, more so than regen(get it on gear).

Unique build/10
Hope it works :P

Peace,

Fellow melee lover
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Dec 11, 2014, 2:06:44 PM
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
Pretty original build. I imagine that you are planning to get MoM and the three mana nodes at very high levels? You will need exrtremely good gear to make MoM worth the point investment (you need to get at least 700 life as mana from it). It will be hard to have the auras you want while having that much free mana as a Melee char.

Can i ask how you calculate the mana pool for this and how you apply your baselines when doing so?

Because i see a lot of variables at work here.

- main attack can be on blood magic to save the mana pool while also providing mana leach + revelry on top of mana regen sustain.

-corruption damage on mana would reduce the required mana pool/sustain by insane amounts i think?
(it's only 30% opposed to cloak 40%)

-7 endurance charges should already mitigate a lot of the incoming damage thus reducing the mana impact, coupled with AA if posible should provide solid buffers before mana is touched?

-some evasion/armor should further help reduce the impact on mana source

Your right about the aura's and mana do, there just are not enough points available to treck up to the templar aura nodes and even if possible since we aim to run very little aura's i can't justify the investment in it.

Items should be no real issue imo.(i have aimed and completed all builds i desired in the past, i am not planning to fail this one :O )

Also i am a potion fanatic sort of, so i am apt at potting correctly when the situation requires it :).
(where are my new tier hybrid pots GGG?)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
Etherfire wrote:
For the MoM version, honestly, it looks fine to me. Can't really think of anything for it.. I think max mana might help you a lot, more so than regen(get it on gear).

That's an excellent thought, thanks for that.

edit2 :

"
Teplokot wrote:

But since there is actually a Duelist involved, my rate is:

Spoiler
Masochist/10

Cheers <.< , pain is the nutrition of a fine duelist and PoE player.
Last edited by Boem on Dec 11, 2014, 2:09:22 PM
if you want to go for something ineffective yet fun and somehow intriguing - go with staff/sweep/cloak of defiance stuff

as templar

sweep is probably garbage even in 1.3 but new staff passives are.. decent. also templar start allows for effective use of phys to lightning + static chance to shock + heralds etc

it wont kill atziri probably but for the first time sweep builds might make sense..

duelist.. let him rest in peace

totally unrelated: seconds after reading about using big 2h sword this fell on the ground

could you please write a guide using Void Battery, pretty please?
Last edited by sidtherat on Dec 11, 2014, 2:26:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info