Rate my duelist for 1.3

That's a sexy blade <.<

Void battery guide
romira's + incinerate + void battery

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Dual-Wield Crit Sword Bleeding Reaver
Saw this sword on xyz a bit ago, then came up with a build for it, If you've got the dough...
Main hand - Spirit fang

Off Hand - soul taker
And then This combo...
Spoiler

Not the boots, the gem link in the boots, also use a romiras for big crit chance boost, if you got more currency to spare, also use atziri gloves, then you can take off vaal pact, 24% life leech will keep your life bar full as long as you attack and also don't get 1shot

Run - Determination+Grace (+HoA if use alhpa's howl)
5L Reave - ICD - FA - Mutistrike - Melee Phys
6L can add a concentrated aoe
hp should hit around 4.5-5k endgame with good gear.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2IzPPfxfP_ZI7w4UIORRUEfyLxo-KS58uFcN8aytjdlhz352rItPm2qFUoIH8kHSIdl8n8unMJ7NAef8SxRNGJG8nxpVZKM26PoYiO3ueuHv9UYceOXFBS1673TthO9hISo4qW54DVivMglybGxGZ4CoB220tfJKyG6qMZ6mV03j_o81kti9U7u_1UMxG8gppU4qtkEABhX2Ynlbr2NwEdVXl2BBvqe9NmVNR36E2RfcBqJ0oHfXVvoGIFh1I_bnD9y9MbDL9dRSMHyNfU2SAhGj50TSAyd_KxR1GNvt11qfZMRmtlbon4LglQ==

Lots of leech and mobility, should be enough armor especially with flask, enemy's will bleed every hit with spirit fang. On crit they'll pretty much die instantly. I think this could make for a fun and unique build, will probably wreck in pvp as well.

I don't like the mana regen nodes that you had, its hard to reach high lvls of mana without eldritch batt, my highest witch only had like 13xx mana as far as I can remember with 70%+ from mana nodes and while using dream frag + perandus signet + rainbowstrides + the mana from a rime gaze. Also didn't like how you didn't get RT when you didn't reach for any crit, might as well just crit.

Edit: P.S.
Spoiler
I forgot your doing a 2H build, but If you were gonna path for 2H sword, I don't think tht is very good.

Last edited by SIQI on Dec 11, 2014, 10:41:21 PM
This is actually the best pathing for a two handed sword build, unless you were referring to the tree you posted.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
This is actually the best pathing for a two handed sword build, unless you were referring to the tree you posted.

Well the tree I posted was just a build I thought was cool for dual-wielding.

And about Boem's tree....for 2handers. Heres One I came up with in comparison.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR2K8BXsxIKbLb6nsKtHfr02ZU2E2YdqqZSpJ5BsBS1673TthO9hIWBLJyCKIiz7IVVeE8CmB3XcPSmlTiq2QUMxG8hTu7_V7nr6GIjtGlXh7-XF9UYceDboZKP8SxRNGJG8n9l8ggfyQSo4qW54DVivMglybGxGSshuqrXyMZ6mV03j_o81kti9YxfXfsEHG6oUcfJaEPCBOnzZ9zLqGPjrz352rK2NOlIOPKQZtiwl3xv6hVLZYTkO6wnkUZd5CZYUIO8OUEdfP4zP9kg9_MbYWGMpLho-8i98uDrh8kX-CulGn8unMAHn

Require 1 less Point. ALOT more dmg/as/armor/Natural resists
All this will help you require less GG gear and maintain the same effectiveness. This tree has about the same style but comes with the ability to get Unwavering stance AND Vaal pact, These two alone are huge when combine together.

Boem's tree is not effective for several reasons.
1. He is not going crit, but doesn't have RT. meaning he'll need to get at least some accuracy on gear or whatever.
2. The mind over matter is not effective because at max he'll hover around 1.2k mana with decent mana gearing and the mana nodes he took in the end game, which is not very high, unless ofc hes not gonna use any auras, Hes mana regen will only be around 70-80s (assuming one of the rings is a dream frag) without clarity, which is very low, compared to what you can do with an eldritch batt build.
3. He made it to the 2h circle below duelist but didn't take executioner node >..>
4. Life regen is handy if your not taking a lot of damage, but as a 2hander, its better to have some sort of instant leech mechanic, whether its from acuity or vaal pact, becuase while you can mitigate physical dmg, elemental dmg will absolutely wreck if you don't instant leech. Life leech is not hard to get for physical attack damage, this is why I build with vaal pact. Against single enemys with a good sword you'll get around 2-3k life leech already per second, with 1-2 more enemys, your leeching enough to send you on full life all the time, not only does it help with mobbing more in general, but also deal with reflect maps and packs, with a normal leech, your leech rate is capped, so when you take more reflected damage than what your leech rate can sustain, you'll start losing hp and possibly die if your not careful. By going vaal pact, you can solve many problems and still be able to use life pots when needed.
5. The endurance charges are not that effective when you've got the IC combo. With the tree I posted, it also includes the pseudo end charge (soul of steel), that combined with the additional armor in the tree and IC combo will give you enough survivability to physical damage without the need of extra charges.

Thus, due to all these reasons listed, the tree that Boem has posted, is not the best pathing for 2H (non-crit) swords.
P.S.
Spoiler
The tree I posted also has 10% extra life, the tree should have 117 points total, if your not getting that result, try seeing if there is come part of the link you missed
Last edited by SIQI on Dec 12, 2014, 10:39:32 AM
I'm relatively a new player (been playing for a month) so my theory crafting is awful, and I'm trying to learn, as a 2h sword duelist I'm very interested in Boem's build, it's way different to what I have right now and I think I'll switch to the non mana damage node version

Your post is very interesting too siqi and I'd like to hear some insight, and let me know if I'm wrong:

Does your tree actually do more damage than Boem's? Unless I'm mistaken, after taking strength into consideration, you have a 493% damage modifier to 2h swords, while Boem has 441%, and you have 110 attack speed, while Boem has 101. He has a 8% AOE damage node, does this mean that his damage modifier is actually 476%? And in the build he has that doesn't go mind over matter, he has celestial punishment, which adds 30% more damage to ignited targets, if you can always reliably ignite bosses or rogue exiles that are hard to kill, this node seems pretty awesome in hard fights, in terms of being able to compare damage of your build and his, would that node buff up his damage modifier to 619% in hard fights?

With vaal pact, I've been using it a lot lately, with a lot of life steal on my items, I've been loving it for the most part, especially against huge groups of trash mobs, it's a lot of fun, but I don't like it so much for hard boss fights where you have to spend a lot of time trying to dodge skill shots, also it doesn't seem to scale well with health apart from the extra buffer, having such a huge regen seems pretty good in boss fights where you're not able to whack some one all the time. I understand your reasoning with sometimes needing the life steal right away or you might die.

I know that without vaal pact, you only get 20% of your health per second max, if you had 7% life regen a second, would that mean that you'd get 27% health a second or are you still capped at 20%?

Also he went with RT in both builds, and although executioner and soul of steel seems pretty awesome, he probably thought the trade off for what you could get elsewhere isn't worth it. Also could you explain why the extra endurance chargers with IC isn't worth it? I'm guessing that since IC removes his endurance charges, his lack of physical reduction without endurance charges is pretty bad. Also, I love how much resistances your build has

Last edited by späcey on Dec 12, 2014, 11:30:29 AM
Didn't notice there was a second tree and that he had IR in the first.

The second tree is pretty close to what I posted, biggest difference is boem chose to stretch up to Templar area while I stayed within duelist/mara sections. The following are main points of difference to consider:

Armor
Spoiler
For armor, some people think it's worthless, some like it; I like armor, that's my preference. With armor, it's not the physical damage that bugs me as a 2hander, but the elemental damage, retarded diamond totem buffed magnus flameblasts, vaal lightning, ice nova from chests, etc. These things are whats going to wreck when you hit the endgame. With physical damage, you can easily mitigate it with immortal call and decent armor.
But elemental damage, your gonna need either:
Increased max res.
Dodge.
Really High Life and damage + instant leech to recover fast
Or block.

To Leech Life Instantly or Not
Spoiler
The only option really available for most 2handed RT. Is the high life/damage/leech combo. Not having instant life leech is a much bigger loss than having some regen. with a crit build of course you can have both, but acuities is not an option for RT.

Although getting life regen stacks with life leech, meaning you can regenerate a total of 20% from leech + 7% from regen nodes, that is a small amount to the potential that vaal pact can unfold, especially vs multiple enemies, even in 1.2 hitting just 3 enemies with the amount of leech and physical dps I have gets me around 5k+ life per second, the only times where I get crapped on is when I either get 1-2 shot or desync (these two make up most if not all the deaths I've experienced on my RT mace guy).

Because I do take up vaal pact, I go for routes that allow for more damage, offense becomes my defense, the amount of life you have is only as good as those you can maintain.

Elemental Resistance from tree:
Spoiler
And as for the elemental resist nodes. If you have GG gear, you probably don't need them. But I'm gonna say, most players, especially those looking for builds, aren't gonna be able to afford godly gear (over 100ex). And its even harder to achieve if you want to keep your chaos res capped as well, of course you can just roll maps that don't deal chaos damage, but eventually you'll run into such situations requiring adequate resistance and even overcapped resists (i.e. elemental weakness maps). I can't afford OP gear, so the resistances from tree solves a lot of problems for me.

Unwavering Stance
Spoiler
This is another one of those preference nodes. For me, being stunned means not doing damage and not leeching life, so this node is a must in my book. Also getting stunned while moving can also increase your chance to desync, which is another reason I take this node. IR is not needed, but taken because I would go unwavering stance anyways. If you use cyclone though, you can get away without needing unwavering stance.

Celestial Punishment
Spoiler
Awsome node, but with the extra str nodes needed to connect there, might as well just take executioner, which would provide more physical damage boost (which also will boost added/converted damage) and allow for even more amount of life leech back from your hits.

The Templar nodes are good, but for a 2h sword build, I don't think the extra stretch is worth it when you have nodes to take still around the mara/duelist areas. Also when you use all 120 points, you can't take oak + kraylin for normal/cruel, which is another huge lost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info