Regarding relative commonness/uselessness of portal/wisdom scrolls

Currently both of these items are very, very common to the degree where I have enough of them that I don't know what to do with them.

Should another feature be added to these items, or should they be made rarer? I was thinking that the cost of identifying, say, a yellow item would be higher than that of a blue item. Portal scrolls I don't know.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Currently both of these items are very, very common to the degree where I have enough of them that I don't know what to do with them.

Should another feature be added to these items, or should they be made rarer? I was thinking that the cost of identifying, say, a yellow item would be higher than that of a blue item. Portal scrolls I don't know.

I think this could be solved by adding more or better items the selection of items you can buy. And making them cost more. Right now I have around 800+ portal scrolls and 200+ wisdom scrolls. And I am sure they are people that have a lot more than I do.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

-Christopher Hitchens

"
Dreggon wrote:
I was thinking that the cost of identifying, say, a yellow item would be higher than that of a blue item. Portal scrolls I don't know.

Considering you could identify a completely crap item (REALLY bad stat combination), I think this would be a bad idea. Only games that try to make money off identifying items really go this path.

I think as mdavis588 said, the better path would be to have vendor items require more scrolls per purchase and maybe less orbs.

Portal scrolls are really worth less now due to the portal gem, so vendor use is probably the best method of sinking these.

Preventing game-play (can't identify because I don't have 30 scrolls) is usually a bad idea.
The scrolls make great toilet paper (which makes for another great scroll sink)- kinda rough but they dont have sherman toilet paper in this realm.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
I don't know where you got 30 from. I was thinking more like 3.
IRON MAN
I'm not sure what to say with the portal scrolls other then making a vender sink for them, but the ID scroll problem might be helped a little when selling is enabled.

That is, as long as you don't get mostly portal and ID scrolls back from them...

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

"
jamesthing wrote:
I'm not sure what to say with the portal scrolls other then making a vender sink for them, but the ID scroll problem might be helped a little when selling is enabled.

That is, as long as you don't get mostly portal and ID scrolls back from them...

An identified item should get you one extra ID scroll. It makes sense, the shopkeeper is reimbursing you for the costs of the item.
IRON MAN
also portal scrolls become completely useless once you get the portal scroll gem.
Keysus is my guide!
TBH they be better of scrapping the Portal Scrolls and make a guy in the 1st town give you the Portal gem.
Last edited by kotli on Oct 29, 2011, 9:07:19 AM
"
kotli wrote:
TBH they be better of scrapping the Portal Scrolls and make a guy in the 1st town give you the Portal gem.

No.
These two scrolls are the "Cents" of currency items, they are easy to get and there should be many little things you can use them for.

The scrolls could be used with an ingame mail system. Lets say for every item you want to sent you need 1 town portal scroll (a stack of x orbs should count as 1 item).
Last edited by siis on Oct 29, 2011, 9:32:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info