Regarding relative commonness/uselessness of portal/wisdom scrolls

I don't know if it's a "good" idea, but what if higher level items took more wisdom scrolls? The intuitiveness might be off though, an extra line of text or graphical mark to indicate the amount of scrolls required? Maybe an extra scroll for every 10 item levels. I also liked the idea of rares costing more.

I'm quite a hoarder, and the stack of scrolls is piling up.

This idea "could" carry over to portals also, but I don't see that as a helpful solution to portal scroll saturation.
I think the main problem now for iden scroll is because people are not trading, I found myself more often then not walk pass unidentified gold items that don't fit my character build. As for portal scroll I don't feel much need using them since most of the time I just use the waypoint. It can be solved if we can use portal or identify scrolls to exchange Orbs or Stones imo.
Let us trade in scrolls for lesser orbs imo!
"
blinkxzero wrote:
Let us trade in scrolls for lesser orbs imo!

No, because if you can trade scrolls for orbs then there would be a ratio set by GGG, this will influence the whole market for currency items.
I like the concept of multiple wisdom scrolls for higher quality magic items. It seems the drop rate needs to be set to be fairly common so low level/newbie players are for the most part able to identify and equip items as they adventure. However, higher level players, because they are able to be much more selective with item choice (and hence lower requirement for identifying every item they come across) feel like there are too many. I propose that one wisdom scroll be required for each modifier on the item.

- It could be used as a way of indirectly displaying the total number of mods on a yellow, giving the player a better idea of how many mod slots are still available.
- It will increase the value of tradeable unidentified rares because the number of existing mods will now be known.
- It will serve as a currency sink for higher level players who are flush with wisdom scrolls.
- It may encourage high level players to trade down to low level players if they happen to exhaust their wisdom scrolls and are in dire need of unlocking that last mod on a recently dropped yellow.
- It may stimulate a sub-culture of lowbie wisdom scroll farmers that will sell them to high level players for orbs and such...

Your thoughts?
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Oct 31, 2011, 9:47:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info