Endurance charge on Critical Strike is Global.

I'd rather they start it out weapon specific and then slowly add weapon types than start out where it effects everything. I thought it was cool when i thought it was staff only, now it just seems less cool because it's simply a no-brainer now.

It should be staff + mace, effecing spells and melee only.
Last edited by BearCares on Dec 7, 2014, 3:32:42 PM
"
BearCares wrote:
I'd rather they start it out weapon specific and then slowly add weapon types than start out where it effects everything. I thought it was cool when i thought it was staff only, now it just seems less cool because it's simply a no-brainer now.

It should be staff + mace, effecing spells and melee only.

I don't get why it's a no brainer, you are getting 10% chance to get an ENDURANCE charge on crit. And if you call right now, you will get it with 4 easy payments of 1 skill point!*

*skill point payment may vary by where you are on the tree

Really? I can socket enduring cry, press a button, and get lets see, how about I do this really exaggerated. Assuming level 7 enduring cry, and 20 enemies I get 4 charges.

Okay this isn't the most practical thing, but is 10% chance to get an endurance charge on crit better?

Lets go big, 50% crit on a spell caster. (because its so op on spell caster right?)

It's a 1/20 chance to get an endurance charge each hit.
I'm not sure of cast speed right now, Ill just assume 4 casts a second, seems fair enough?

20/4 is 5

Statistically, it will take 5 seconds to get 1 endurance charge.
5*4 is 20, 20 seconds for 4 charges.
5x7 is 35, 35 seconds to get 7 charges.

Now what if you start getting unlucky, it would be real easy to drop those charges.

Ultimately I can see it being good to refresh charges. Building it up on its own? Go for it, I mean 4 charges in 1 click, versus 4 charges in 20 seconds.

So, if you're doing a staff build and you have it, great, get those charges, it's basically free.

But I keep seeing people talking about how it is op for spell users.
So you're telling me you want to spend 4, no lets be honest, you need that str point in front of the circle too so 5 points. I'm going to assume that as a spell caster you are already down there for the illuminati triangle. So you're spending 5 points, to either build up your endurance charges in a lightning fast 20 seconds minimum, or refresh them.

5 points, I remember a build, age old now, that couldn't spend 5 points on inner force as an old aura whore build.
There are builds starving for points, and you are wasting points on a endurance charge refresher? That's like wasting food when there are starving kids in Africa.
you do not get it

it most likely works the same as PCoC. that is

if (crit) {
foreach (enemy in enemies_hit) {
check !(10%, enemy) return;
}
}

so a spell that hits several targets per cast (like pretty much ANYTHING aoe) will get end charges MUCH more effectively than 10% per crit. to the point that vs pack it gets very close to 1 crit == 1 charge. same as PCoC

for stuff like spark it is pretty much impossible to calculate (3 projectiles, 100% pierce, big hordes), for arc it is pretty easy - arc hits 6 (7) times. each hit has 10% chance.

hard to sustain huh?

will see how it ends, but ggg is taking great risks with these global tasty passives. i bet most of these wont get used by melee builds..
Last edited by sidtherat on Dec 7, 2014, 4:44:17 PM
Also consider that this may be changed so it applies to only to staffs... as was probably intended.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
Also consider that this may be changed so it applies to only to staffs... as was probably intended.

Why? They already addressed this, it's intentional, not to mention worthless for anything but staves.
Melee underpowered? Easy fix, exit marauder, enter amazon. Call it battle priestess or something because f*** blizz. Instant 100% nostalgia reroll. Problem solved, no balance changes needed.

As for ECoC, I'm excited to see how it will work and hope it's awesome.
"
sidtherat wrote:
you do not get it

it most likely works the same as PCoC. that is

if (crit) {
foreach (enemy in enemies_hit) {
check !(10%, enemy) return;
}
}

so a spell that hits several targets per cast (like pretty much ANYTHING aoe) will get end charges MUCH more effectively than 10% per crit. to the point that vs pack it gets very close to 1 crit == 1 charge. same as PCoC

for stuff like spark it is pretty much impossible to calculate (3 projectiles, 100% pierce, big hordes), for arc it is pretty easy - arc hits 6 (7) times. each hit has 10% chance.

hard to sustain huh?

will see how it ends, but ggg is taking great risks with these global tasty passives. i bet most of these wont get used by melee builds..

You're correct, I completely forgot how pcoc worked. Or rather I should say you're likely correct, since it's not confirmed how it works.
So essentially 50% chance for endurance charge, it's good then.

If it wasn't behind 4 shit points.
I have to agree that this doesnt sound like a good idea. more free goodies for crit builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info