Sockets on item drops?

From my experience lack of good sockets dont get any better, but they intend on splitting jewelers into 3 different orbs that can reroll the 3 different aspects of sockets (amount,colour,linked ness)in 0.9.3 so that should resolve most of our problems.

Also read somewhere that they were gonna make 2 sockets drops the standard after like lvl 15 or something like that, that should help a bit as well.
Chars : Brooke, TheSlowOne, ZapBranigan, RaWR, RaWRmao, RaWRville
Yes, im also using "lower-level" gear because of socket-layout. And im very unlucky with the jewelers orb... splitting it up as mentioned would be really nice!
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Even though 2-socket links are supposed to be common (after level 8), keep this in mind:
"
It’s quite unlikely for items to spawn with more than two linked sockets. Although it scales all the way up to six linked sockets, we want it to still be extremely hard to get items that have more than two sockets connected.
You're still going to use a lot of currency if you want a socket set with multiple links.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
One of the first items Lurk got was a 2 linked boot !

So! alteast i think it´s just random / luck stuff based on what lv you are.

lv 15-30 i started seeing 3 linked

lv 30-40 i sa alot of 3 linked

I myself atleast did´t se 4-5 linked things untill lv 40+

Now i think i rambeld away myself , so ill be back later haha

Yours

Democatai "Lurk / Chakaty"

http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
With my 42 witch ive never found 3 linked or better myself :(

Needed to waste a ton of jewelers on it...
Chars : Brooke, TheSlowOne, ZapBranigan, RaWR, RaWRmao, RaWRville
The upcomming patch will change the power of support gems, and you might not want to link more than two support to a skill because of increased mana cost. So I guess the importance of huge amount of linked sockets dwindles.
But of course, the more sockets = more (supported) skills = more flexibility in your gameplay so sockets are still desireable, they are just not that important for core gameplay.
Last edited by siis on Oct 30, 2011, 7:19:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info