Sockets on item drops?

I know that item quantity % affects the amount of items that drop like orbs etc, and that item rarity % is for percentage of whites to magic etc but do either of these % affect the number of sockets that you can get on dropped items or is that a fixed amount of sockets per character level or something.
Neither of those stats affect the number/connectivity of sockets on dropped items.
so then socket number and connectivity is all purely random then, cause all I seem to get is 1 socket not much other than that.
I believe it's based on the level of the item.
I think it is a random number of sockets and links based on item level.

Note that in this game Item level in no way reflects on level requirement. just what the items potential is. A item can spawn that a level 1 could use that has several sockets in link.

Though I was in a level 18 or so area when those items spawned.
Last edited by Lebowitz on Oct 27, 2011, 8:07:20 PM
ok thanks that explains that then, my other query was if they don't affect socket numbers then which of the two is the better option to take if any, either item rarity % or item quantity %, as I've never gone into item finding in a big way, too old to bother with all the numbers involved in item finding.
You can take 3 different routes with those. You can go for max item rarity, which will give you a lot more rares, increasing your chances of finding good rares. You can pile on item quantity, which will result in many more random items, including more currency.

I think trying to find a balance between the two is the best option. You'll end up with more items (and currency), and have a higher chance for those items to be rares/uniques.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
You can pile on item quantity, which will result in many more random items, including more currency.

sure about that? think i have read that neither IR or IQ will affect the drops of orbs and the like...
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
It doesn't directly affect currency drops, but more drops means more chances for currency.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
From my play troughs I tended to use gear FAR FAR lower from my level just because of the socket set-up
Unavailable
Unavailable
Like those items I have had items with better stats drop but because of the socket layout they were not as good even thou the item was FAR higher level. At the moment I believe that socket combinations (Linked multiple same colour sockets) are too rare and force a player to skip better items because of it. This is how it was up to level 33 I dont know if the issue resolves it self once you get higher.

I would not mind a Orb that adds a socket to an item IF there is a free socket slot. These orbs can be multiple tiers were one just adds a socket (random colour and possible link) to specific colour (which you can chose). A item that gives you the option to link 2 sockets would be appreciated as-well.
Last edited by dadish on Oct 28, 2011, 4:15:46 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info