[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

"
Krippi wrote:
2.2 aps for gmp (but really 1.8aps)

I did a bunch of testing today in an empty part of a hideout where my FPS is stable at 333(3ms frame time)

and for 50 barrages@3aps it took 16.5-17.1 seconds. which results in 2.95 aps with GMP.

or 45.6-46.8seconds for 100 barrages@2.27aps resulting in 2.17 real aps.

So my take on ppl saying GMP slows barrage down from 2.2 to 1.8 is probably because of lower framerate.

I definetely see my attack speed go down for example in atziri add phase when FPS goes down to 20-30.

"
Terrornoid wrote:
Anything under about 2.3-2.4 APS is going to desynch, at least according to myself and many others in my Bar/CoC thread. Once you break that, it largely disappears. The consensus (also in my thread) is that the DPS loss from breaking the ~2.3 APS breakpoint is made up for in maneuverability and stability (against stated desynch.)

Not only maneuverability and stability but the statistics.
Lets assume we have 90% chance to hit. 70% chance to cast. Which results in 0.9*0.9*0.7=0.57 57% chance to cast from each projectile. Below 2.2 breakpoint it means that your average barrage casts 8*0.57=4.56 spells. 2.2*4.56 = 10 casts a second.

With, say, 3aps we are behind the break point, but it doesn't mean we have average of 0.57*4=2.28 cast per barrage.
Doing some combinatorics exercise leaves us with knowledge that we have a
~28.7% chance of 4 casts
~48.9% chance of 3 casts
~19.7% chance of 2 casts
~2.7% chance of 1 cast
which ends up being 3.036 cast per barrage.

so now we have 3*3.036=9.11 casts a second with 3aps. So as you can see here breakpoint effects are not as severe.

PS. Your math on non GMP barrage is a bit wrong. it is 0.05*4/0.6=0.33 attack time. Means 3 aps, not 1.5 aps. You used 8 projectiles for some reason.

And as for GMP timings - I recorded a video of me shooting barrages and then watched it frame by frame - seems like it is 33% wind up and 67% shooting.
Last edited by Pirrate on Mar 22, 2015, 3:20:03 PM
Ah, thanks Pirrate. Luckly since GMP doubles the projectiles, it only added an irrelevant tier to the list. :P I'll probably just update everything once 1.4 is released since SOMETHING is likely to change.

Also, the 40% windup was stated by Mark. There was an "IIRC" clause attached, so you could be right about the 33%, but I'm still leaning towards Mark's answer since hes seen the actual numbers and is generally reliable. If you take apart the wording from Mark and what we've seen from testing, the actual attack time seems to be calculated on a per projectile basis. So it'd be something more like 40% (or 33%, whichever is right) + [X% * #ofProjs] where any % is based on the "listed" attack speed. If anything, we would calculated the differences in actual vs listed attack speed and math out a % per projectile, but I'm terrified to do that since it's hard to lock down consistent, concrete numbers to base those numbers off of.

I've been watching other threads and reddit and stuff closely to see if any new information develops. Thanks for posting here; additional insight is always appreciated.

It's funny, the framerate counting reminds me of my TFC days where we were timing Conc jumps on a frame by frame basis. You couldn't do it reliably if you [visually] lagged. Good times.
barrage lvl 1 or lvl 5 ?

here is my gear

Either. The point is to not increase the mana cost. I think 5 is the last level you can go to before it'll increase it's cost.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I played with the ES low-life version up to lvl98.

Why? You already hit CoC proc limit with life-based version, there is zero reason to go low-life. You do gain Pain Attunement, but considering the damage of the build it is completely unnecessary, especially when you die to reflect vs facerolling reflect without any flasks with LL gem.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I played with the ES low-life version up to lvl98.

Why? You already hit CoC proc limit with life-based version, there is zero reason to go low-life. You do gain Pain Attunement, but considering the damage of the build it is completely unnecessary, especially when you die to reflect vs facerolling reflect without any flasks with LL gem.

Pain Attunement,
Blood Rage boosts aps to 2.0+ with 1.1aps wand without much investment on tree,
many more auras,
10k ES vs 5k life means ES based without instant leech leeches twice as fast. So much more survivability,
easy free 4% ES regen with shavs ring

With flasks up I could facetank any reflect mob. Didn't die to reflect from lvl 96 to lvl98 once I had better equipment that pushed my ES over 10k. Just thought I should mention it incase people thought reflect is always faceroll. You need good equipment to not care about it.

Did you use acuitys?
I try to make a LL CoC build but acuitys destroy my build idea?
Could you give me a tree link for your LL CoC build and maybe your gear?
EXALTS>EXAMS
Hi

Really nice guide, and im trying this build out right now (lvl 61).

But i have some questions:

How do you gain life with only a 5L Volls Chest with no LifeLeech Gem ?

Only with Flasks ?

I suppose i dont skill Vaal Pact if i dont have 6L with LifeLeech am i right ?

sry for my bad english.
ign: Deeecs
What do you guys think about running both heralds for the best of both worlds, currently 89...did the switch at 85 and ive had no issues...just got done doing a few palace's and courtyards...the lower max resist doesn't seam to matter that much, seeing as the only important one is cold for reflect "assuming you're like me and run only cold spells of course!"...physical dmg is the weakest point in my experience....

After PoE, PoC, HoL, HoI, i'm currently 79 fire...83 cold...79 lightning, running with a Saffell's Frame....and I gained a bit of unreserved mana, not much but aye! Went from 85 to 172.

I also don't use life leech gem I run another spell instead. I run 1% cold leech on wand and got the 1% cold leech belt, I also have HoL linked to curse on hit with warlords mark for another 6.9%.
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Mar 28, 2015, 9:18:51 AM
I really fkin love this build, thank you for sharing with us.
@Marco
You basically have a life flask always on (Surgeon's + Crit). It's a lot of health. Take Vaal Pact pretty much as soon as you can run LL Gem.

@Justin
You can do that, but reflect can become problematic under certain map conditions, like -max res /w ele reflect or anything with Curse Immune. Running the LL Gem is a stable middle-ground that always works. It's up to you though. In the OP I did state that you can drop a Purity for another Herald.

@Shaldo
Thanks! Np.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info