[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

Really enjoying this build so far, the mana problems are completely gone now and since the gems are slowly but surely lvling, the dps is skyrocketing :D
Also finally got my 3 green 2 blue sockets on the voll's after around a total of 150 chromes^^

Would you say its worth buying a 20/20 CoC gem? That's gonna really add a bunch of dps to the build right?
I can answer that question for you. You reallllly need a 20% COC gem, you can level it up yourself to lv15 relatively quick. If you are rich, buying a 20/20 is perfect.

DPS is not the problem with this build, but the proc reliability is the problem: you need high crit chance (cap 95% if possible), even then, you need high proc chance of COC gem to reliably shoot spells. It's become much a concern now that the proc is limited to 20 per second cooldown. You'll notice a lot of non-proc attacks if your COC gem is low-leveled and has no quality.

Additional accuracy is also an important factor to hit, crit and proc too.

No proc means no damage, no damage means no leeching and death.

@Terrornoid: Thanks, I plan to upgrade rings, amulet, boots and belt to 70+ life at least so I may gain around 500 more life. To cover res, I may need to run 2-3 purities then. Currently I'm running haste to cover the APS of my wand so it means I need to upgrade my wand to an imbued wand. It's quite difficult to look for on the market since the wand of this build is kinda hybrid between phys wand (local crit, AS, ACC) and spell wand (spell dmg, spell crit, crit multi) so I'm considering crafting one. To save cost, I will focus on 02 mods only and 01 or 02 additional crafted mods. What mods do you think are vital? I think spell dmg (prefix) and crit chance (suffix), then yolo regal it and add AS (7-13% with tora).
Last edited by wiwigvn on Jan 19, 2015, 5:31:38 AM
This guide is very well written and cared for, kudos to you. I started playing recently and my first character is a searing bond templar. Meaning i'm bored to death :D soooo i was looking for a more intense build and... oh lookie here :)

I'm a new player still picking my pace (not looking to insta-kill everything... yet) so Witch seems to be out of the equation as being the glassiest cannon of the 3.

Questions then :)

1. Between Shadow and Scion, which would you say is the most forgiving one? Since Scion has the most hp i would say your bet is on scion here... but then on a 4k hp pool, it has some 200 hp more than Shadow... does that justify the lower DPS? And then, how big is that DPS difference?

2. I also checked your witch with all starts and notables. It seems to be better in every way to shadow or scion, i.e. more life, more ES, more crit chance, better mana regen... it only looses to the *other* witch due to not having increased fire damage. Or am i missing something here?
Last edited by sixonefive on Jan 19, 2015, 12:14:52 PM
@ressiv
CWDT ○ Warlord's Mark will save you from Ele Reflect while a Surgeon's Life Flask will give you permanent health regen. I could do Atziri with a 5L pretty reliably with that setup.

@Ring
I leveled my own CoC gem, GCP recipe'd it, then leveled it up again. It only takes like 4-5 piety runs to get it to 15 again (or at least, it felt like it was only that many).

@Wiwi
Thanks for answering Ring's question. You shouldn't need Haste. Its nice to attack fast but remember that having lower than 2.3 isn't a bad thing; you'll be procing more per attack. The most important mods for the wand now are Crit Chance and Spell Damage, in that order. Attack Speed and Accuracy are a bonus, as are Spell Crit Chance, Crit Mult, and Hybrid Spell/Mana. Dont forget that when yoloing, you can block really undesirable mods with Master Crafts. YOLO responsibly.

@Six
I would play Shadow or Witch. Scion saves the most points, so you'll have the "final" build sooner, but at less DPS. Scion can allocate those saved points (which were once damage) to health, so that's why she gets more. Honestly, its not really a huge difference between all of them. Witch is still probably the easiest. It's the most versatile as far as spell selection goes and how applicable its nodes are (for example, if you need to use EK at any point, Witch smokes the other classes.)

Shadow beats the Witch in damage up to ~level 95. At that point, Witch can also get the Crit Mult nodes that Shadow has easier access to. Then again, Shadow can start moving into the Witch's damage nodes.

What I'm trying to say is that its a one or two node difference between all of them. Don't sweat it.

Thanks for the awesome writeup! I've always wanted to try a CoC build, maybe I will finally do it now thanks to you (got a new GPU too hehehehe).

One question about the tree: Why don't you take Doom Cast notable? That's 100% crit chance, 10% multi and an epic +10 int node (:P) for a total of 4 points invested. Seems efficient to me? Or do we have enough crit chance already?
What would you sacrifice for Doom Cast?
how you put 3 green sockets in a volls....with master? or RNG?
Hey Terror! The build is going pretty good, but it still feels a bit squishy at times. Do I have my CWDT gems at the right levels? Also, is there anything that I should upgrade immediately? Thanks for your help!

@Yiss
"When rolling colors, I'm often asked if its better to chrome yourself or use Vorici. According to this Chromatic Calculator, using 1G Vorici barely pulls ahead of doing it yourself. I personally used the 3G Vorici, since I wanted to guarantee the colors with the little amount of chromes I had."

@Atheyd
I feel your squishy might be a result of your tree and flasks. Link them and also, what is it that is hurting you?
"
Terrornoid wrote:
What would you sacrifice for Doom Cast?

EDIT: I misunderstood the build, it's actually based on barrage which means that you need accuracy to hit with your wand. In this case, trading True Strike for Doom Cast would be the most efficient trade, i.e. 25% more crit chance, 2% more crit mult and 10 int for 1 less passive.

All of the below trades assume that for this build, critical strike chance is the same as critical strike chance for spells.

If you trade with Eagle Eye notable, you get 68% more increased crit chance, 10% more increased multiplier and 10 int. You lose 54% accuracy rating and 1 passive.

I read that accuracy does nothing for spells. If this is indeed true then trading Eagle Eye for Doom Cast seems like an efficient deal, especially considering that you can still grind one more level for that passive. If this is not true, then trading True Strike will give you 25% more crit chance, 2% more crit mult and 10 int for 1 less passive.

Last edited by sixonefive on Jan 21, 2015, 5:42:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info