Mathil's Crit Elemental Buzzsaw (2.0 Uber Viable)

"
Jentry wrote:
I have this sword available in DS SC if anyone is trying this build, 530 DPS

It has no crit/crit multi and low ele dps. You wont scale chaos with this build. Its not worth more than a couple of chaos for attack speed.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Dec 3, 2015, 8:38:10 AM
Hey man, nice build. I looked at your passive tree and I immediately knew that a Scion is not the most efficient start for spectral throw if you want to take advantage of static electricity jewel. The overall efficiency (defensive/offensive/utility) could be better starting as another class.

Here I came up with a Ranger version of the tree. Give it a look.

Ranger 113 passives

The tree has the following pros and cons.

Pros:
-56% more accuracy (extremely important)
-18% more attack speed
-56% more evasion rating
-11% more maximum life
-Static electricity gives you 1-112 lightning damage(1-92 your tree) in the jewel socket
near Vaal Pact and another 1-112 dmg (1-82 your tree) on top of Herbalism.

Cons:
-2 less jewel sockets
-30% less crit multiplier
-Int

You could argue that 2 jewel sockets brings a lot on the table. While I agree that they can be good, they will give approximately the same increases if you compare it to the pros of the ranger tree.

For example, your 2 extra jewels will roll 6% life each, thats 12% life. The tree provides as much. 7% attack speed on both jewels = same as the ranger tree. Jewels can roll crit multipliers, that's where they come in superior but to have all of those rolls in one jewel alone, the price will be absurdly high. So in short, this tree provides almost the same stats without having to invest a shitload of currency into jewels. I also find that the flat 1-50 extra lightning damage will make a noticeable difference endgame.

Id label this pathing as a noob-friendly version because you don't have to entirely depend on jewels to get going.
Last edited by gtrans on Dec 1, 2015, 3:53:39 PM
Hi guys! Just wanted to ask if this dagger would be good enough to clear high tier maps with Ele Buzzsaw
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Jentry wrote:

It has no crit/crit multi and low ele dps. You wont scale chaos with this build. Its not worth more than couple a chaos for attack speed.

Are you for reals? that's a more than solid foil once he throws crit or crit multi on it.

Mathil's foil is nearly identical except it has crit/crit multi and minor cold dmg already on it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 2, 2015, 4:27:40 AM
"
gtrans wrote:
Hey man, nice build. I looked at your passive tree and I immediately knew that a Scion is not the most efficient start for spectral throw if you want to take advantage of static electricity jewel. The overall efficiency (defensive/offensive/utility) could be better starting as another class.

Here I came up with a Ranger version of the tree. Give it a look.

Ranger 113 passives

The tree has the following pros and cons.

Pros:
-56% more accuracy (extremely important)
-18% more attack speed
-56% more evasion rating
-11% more maximum life
-Static electricity gives you 1-112 lightning damage(1-92 your tree) in the jewel socket
near Vaal Pact and another 1-112 dmg (1-82 your tree) on top of Herbalism.

Cons:
-2 less jewel sockets
-30% less crit multiplier
-Int

You could argue that 2 jewel sockets brings a lot on the table. While I agree that they can be good, they will give approximately the same increases if you compare it to the pros of the ranger tree.

For example, your 2 extra jewels will roll 6% life each, thats 12% life. The tree provides as much. 7% attack speed on both jewels = same as the ranger tree. Jewels can roll crit multipliers, that's where they come in superior but to have all of those rolls in one jewel alone, the price will be absurdly high. So in short, this tree provides almost the same stats without having to invest a shitload of currency into jewels. I also find that the flat 1-50 extra lightning damage will make a noticeable difference endgame.

Id label this pathing as a noob-friendly version because you don't have to entirely depend on jewels to get going.

this is mine for ranger, 112 points: https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-vEooTFm7XDOm-eykpfsIMJwONLV_GzdweHE5ykFr8PqySLVUth4iaVjDYfQQMebWyly1WFcFIqC_PqtUhsjJ2qYqxRRzfU7T__3iT951TUI42_TZIj9o19wdWkeN74EYFjp91GVvruDhfcBqJ0oHfXBiDDM0MxWhoFLXTt2sF679NvLlN1y7e2jX7qYr6nR369NmVN7YMILpuNAF4ZjtN-fXX-ur3mPs_Win8rvoBuPWBD8YpYdYnTcNXvegzytMXC7AW12-dsCDB8f_tbJhqNu-MZtC2DFSD2o4azLOk=

- 70 dex, + 20 int, + 10 strength, + 1 jewel socket
Last edited by Ghismo on Dec 2, 2015, 9:22:03 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Jentry wrote:

It has no crit/crit multi and low ele dps. You wont scale chaos with this build. Its not worth more than couple a chaos for attack speed.

Are you for reals? that's a more than solid foil once he throws crit or crit multi on it.

Mathil's foil is nearly identical except it has crit/crit multi and minor cold dmg already on it.

Are YOU for reals???

Mathils's Foil has a max. Crit roll, Crit being A BASE FOR SCALING. Crit multi is just nice on top if you can get it.
Along with the ele Dmg...This one here has just 2 ele Dmg rolls and cannot get another one since it has Chaos dmg. Which does ALMOST NOTHING.
Furthermore, mathils' Foil has Crit multi, which is really helpful. But nowhere near as helpful as the crit chance, which is vital.

--> even with a good master crafted crit roll, this foil is NOT great. I would not even call it decent.

@topic: Why did mathil decide to craft a tiny bit of cold damage on the foil instead of mastercraft WED? He is not even using EE in his passive tree, so why value some cold dmg over a crafted WED roll of around 20%?
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
There isn't anything stopping him for crafting 27% crit raising his final cc to 6.9 as opposed to 7.5.
With 600% increased strike chance that amounts to 42% CC as opposed to 45% CC.

-6.9 base crit as opposed to 7.5
-The combined ele dmg is essentially the same
-the original foil has minor cold damage as opposed to chaos damage
-the original foil has 38 more multi which is the biggest difference.

I'm really curious what you think a 'decent' foil qualifies as if the original foil qualifies as what I would assume as "great" by your vocabulary. You've basically stated .6 innate crit chance difference and 38 multi separates a great foil from a trash foil.

I think Mathil would be best to grade the quality of the foil in question and maybe even do a dps test between his and it if the person was willing to lend it out for a moment.

"
Nephalim wrote:
There isn't anything stopping him for crafting 27% crit raising his final cc to 6.9 as opposed to 7.5.

I'm really curious what you think a 'decent' foil qualifies as if the original foil qualifies as what I would assume as "great" by your vocabulary. You've basically stated .6 innate crit chance difference and 38 multi separates a great foil from a trash foil.

I think Mathil would be best to grade the quality of the foil in question and maybe even do a dps test between his and it if the person was willing to lend it out for a moment.

2.0 a speed
7.5 crit

Would be a good start point. Ele dmg on weapon gives probably only 5-10k dps on tooltip.
Next stat would be Crit multi, because after a speed, this is the only reason why this build has any considerable DMG.

You could use even this:

with master-crafted crit multi, and it would still be better than the foil your boyfriend posted here.

PS. This one is really valid question:

"
@topic: Why did mathil decide to craft a tiny bit of cold damage on the foil instead of mastercraft WED? He is not even using EE in his passive tree, so why value some cold dmg over a crafted WED roll of around 20%?
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Dec 3, 2015, 8:50:47 AM
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

2.0 a speed
7.5 crit

Would be a good start point. Ele dmg on weapon gives probably only 5-10k dps on tooltip.
Next stat would be Crit multi, because after a speed, this is the only reason why this build has any considerable DMG.

You could use even this:

with master-crafted crit multi, and it would still be better than the foil your boyfriend posted here.

"

Well, I stand corrected. Please everyone follow this advice and get similar zero edps foils to the posted in order to to proceed with this build rather than foils with edps and less crit as edps does nothing compared to slightly higher base crit.

I think it's a very easy mistake to assume 2 high ele rolls is more impactful than 11% innate crit on the weapon.
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 3, 2015, 10:16:21 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

2.0 a speed
7.5 crit

You could use even this:

"

Well, I stand corrected. Please everyone follow this advice and get similar zero edps foils to the posted in order to to proceed with this build rather than foils with edps and less crit as edps does nothing compared to slightly higher base crit.

I think it's a very easy mistake to assume 2 high ele rolls is more impactful than 11% innate crit on the weapon.

Can someone elaborate more on this? Ele damage isn't important on the foil? Only crit chance, attack speed and crit multi are?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info