Two One-week Rampage/Beyond Leagues Start this Weekend!

"
Thank you for making two different leagues for the people who enjoy softcore or hardcore and for giving us a choice.

However, I do not feel its appropriate that the prizes are drawn from the same pool and feel this simply takes away the incentive to play the hardcore version.

To me this feels like diminishing the hardcore experience because there's no "extra" benefit from playing hardcore except seeing your character die and go to standard and having to start over.

Please, at least make the prizes be drawn from two separate pools - this would also give people an incentive to play both softcore and hardcore as to have a higher chance of getting a prize.

Right now I feel inclined to just level a char to 70 in the 1w softcore (should take me like a day, two at most) and then go back to whatever I was doing in standard or hardcore because, why bother?

GGG, you need to rethink this.

This, this, a thousand times this.
"
Thank you for making two different leagues for the people who enjoy softcore or hardcore and for giving us a choice.

However, I do not feel its appropriate that the prizes are drawn from the same pool and feel this simply takes away the incentive to play the hardcore version.

To me this feels like diminishing the hardcore experience because there's no "extra" benefit from playing hardcore except seeing your character die and go to standard and having to start over.

Please, at least make the prizes be drawn from two separate pools - this would also give people an incentive to play both softcore and hardcore as to have a higher chance of getting a prize.

Right now I feel inclined to just level a char to 70 in the 1w softcore (should take me like a day, two at most) and then go back to whatever I was doing in standard or hardcore because, why bother?

GGG, you need to rethink this.

yes to 2 prizepools

no to being elidgable to double reward. this whould be BS
You HC people will complain about anything. Really, boohoo SC has it too easy, boohoo no reason to play HC, boohoo
We have to share prizes, SC is too easy

Blah blah, really people, get over yourselves, play the game you want to and ignore the stuff that you don’t use
Play HC or SC whichever, if you like the HC challenge, play it for that. No need for the QQ

GGG has tried each time to make these races better and more awesome for us each time. Last time people QQ’d about crappy rewards, now people like the rewards, but don’t like the distribution. Always find something to complain about

If you must feel you have to get the top chance at the prize then play SC if that makes you happy. If you feel the need to swing your epeen around in HC do that. Be king of the epeen swingers. Stop the complaining
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
Fifth2301 wrote:
I too think that there should be some reason to play the HC version of the event.

There already is; it's HC. I play HC version because it's more fun.

yeh hc is more fun I get to insta logout and then load back up and im NOT DEAD! im so pro :DDD yes I was being sarcastic HC is a copout put a logout timer on that shit see how many people are left lol
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"

"
iHaku wrote:
no to being elidgable to double reward. this whould be BS

Exactly, iHaku.

If there would be split prize pools, you should only be eligible to receive prizes from the highest level character from ONE league.

But to 0reflect's second line quoted there: there is no incentive to play hardcore anyway in challenge leagues other than to complete challenges. By and large, you play hardcore BECAUSE it's hardcore, and that's your preferred game type.

I'm fine with a singular prize pool. And besides, you often see the top finishers in these races come from the hardcore leagues. First to 100 in Rampage/Beyond? Hardcore. Same for Ambush/Invasion. Same for the 1-month race after Ambush/Invasion. Etc.

There's no reason you can't compete successfully in hardcore and finish top 5.

"
xPiranha wrote:
put a logout timer on that shit see how many people are left lol

Although this could drastically change that, lol.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Nov 25, 2014, 3:38:11 PM
Yeah, I usually play softcore, but I don't understand why softcore characters are eligible for the same prizes. I was looking forward to having a smallish prize pool of the lvl60+ prizes in a 1 week hardcore league. Now I'll probably just play casually to 70 in the softcore since there's no risk involved.

I'd go as far to say that the 1 week Rampage league shouldn't be in the prize pool at all.
Last edited by Dravox on Nov 25, 2014, 3:48:57 PM
Mathus, it has nothing to do with e-peens, and I doubt anyone is just "trying to find something to complain about", I know I'm not. We are giving our honest feedback/opinion, which is the entire reason forums exist. I see no reason to NOT have split prize pools, half to hardcore and half to softcore. It makes it fair for everyone.
The TRUE hardcore players will like it how it is. It gives them the opportunity to try and top the best SC players. Having that opportunity IS the reward for real HC gamers.

Anyone complaining about the prize structure and setup of this week event quite simply isn't a true HC player and should be playing on the SC side anyway.

Toodles, and good luck to all of the non-complainers. :)

"
The TRUE hardcore players will like it how it is. It gives them the opportunity to try and top the best SC players. Having that opportunity IS the reward for real HC gamers.

Anyone complaining about the prize structure and setup of this week event quite simply isn't a true HC player and should be playing on the SC side anyway.

Toodles, and good luck to all of the non-complainers. :)

This makes absolutely no sense. The top 5 overall prizes already are seperate for each league, so no trying to "top" softcore there. The other prize brackets are chosen at random, as long as you make it to that level. So the true hardcore players compete against RNG for prizes? Lmao.

The reason we want separate prize pools, is so there is an extra incentive to get 70+ in hardcore. This is because less players will make it to 70 in hardcore, due to it being harder (dying, for example). Therefore we would have a better chance at winning the 70+ prize, since there would be less overall players to choose from in that bracket in hardcore.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Nov 25, 2014, 5:20:27 PM
We need 2 prize pools, SC players has no real disadvantage over races. I'm not saying HC players are levitationg above the SC players, I'm just thinking there has to be some kind of incentives for playing HC, if HC dies in the race they lose all the chance for a draw in the prize pool. Higher risk, higher reward.

Having 2 separate prize pools benefits SC players too, lesser people for the draws. Admittedly it benefits HC players more as there are lesser hc players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info