anyone else play grim dawn?

"

Hmm, maybe I missed it, can't remember that I got that message.

I don't think it was Salazar that I ran into, some other dude, but I remember walking into a random cave and seeing a message appear at the top saying something like,

"An occult presence dominates the air."

"You sense a being with power far exceeding your own here..."

I gave it a shot and the dude was barely taking any damage, so I hightailed it outta there. Now that I've gained 8 levels since then I can't find the cave anymore, though...
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I did several waves in crucible when it was new and like an idiot clicked prematurely in my excitement to see the loot. LOL

I went back and got pretty far. I like it. But yeah I can't see doing it to level up when you are higher. I went back and did steps of torment and got crap from there. You do get better stuff in crucible.
Censored.
only do crucible if you can clear it. otherwise it takes too long for too little rewards.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
After playing Grim Dawn thoroughly, I definitely estatic from what the AoM expansion has brought to Grim Dawn. Act 5 is personally my favorite act now (act 3 used to be my favorite) and the inhabitants that live there trying to kill me on my way to Malmouth. As much I like act 6 with the whole urban setting (yay, Grim Dawn finally got a sewer to explore), act 5 is just so amazing with the environment being so eerie and the soundtracks making the adventure even more bizarre and dangerous.

The itemization has definitely improved with the item skill modifier, like having Cadence have its physical damage converted completely (100%) to chaos damage, +1 to Raise Skeletons, reduced cooldown on 'X' skill, and etc. It just makes theorycrafting even more dynamic than ever before.

Then of course, there is Inquisitor and Necromancer that brings a ton more build varity. I can finally make a proper pet build, or some kind of Blood Knight (Soldier or Shaman with Necro on bleed/leech), or dual wield pistols going crazy pew pew mode with all the default weapon procs above the Inquisitor class (Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, and Storm Spread) that easily makes Fire Strike from Demo only a one point wonder since explosive strike and the rest of Inquisitor default weapon procs will carry the skill. These are just a few examples mentioning from experience.

Crate Devs have been working on a balance patch for a while now and it might come out this month, but I could be wrong since they did not specify any date. Though, I am playing a lot of Grim Dawn right now, so time flies quickly these days. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I caved and bought the EP the other day. I created a new character, necro/occultist, skele/pet build (thought I won't lie, I did go back and do some of the new content with an existing one). So far I like what I see but it will be awhile before I get this new character to the new content.

Nearly forgot to add: tried out the quick leveling for new character with Crucible and it IS much faster than the standard way. I would recommend. Act 1 is very fast after that.
Censored.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLErsx10Ke4uxaCkvNrHXGfAxmVLRMJsGf

Ah funny music to play to :D

Lionheart(amiga) soundtracks
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Looks like I'll have to go back to GD and take a look at the new content! Nice!
...as soon as I beat the Darkest Dungeon ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Been a while since the last Grim Misadventure update was posted, and Crate still has some plans with the game after the expansion besides the 4th roguelike dungeon (which will come out next year).

The next patch (1.0.3.0) is like 2 weeks away which will contain balance changes and bugfix. On top of that, Zantai mentioned that this patch will also include improved casting behavior and enhanced controller support.

The rest of the post is here.

I am glad that Crate are improving on the casting behavior since that was one of things I been waiting on for Grim Dawn improve for years. Always felt casting was clunky and required you to get close to the target to cast and this patch looks like will fix/improve those issues. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 6, 2017, 3:20:22 PM
Finally finished the AoM content the other day. I liked it and it was a big EP despite some complaints I have seen, I thought it was worth the money.

I did notice a bit of an imbalance but they may patch it later. Sort of like PoE before these new acts. Act 4 was too hard compared to cruel or merc act 1, remember? Same thing with AoM.

Still like it very much and it really adds to the game. They did a good job on the houses in Malmouth.
Censored.
took some time off being repeatedly one-shot by the final boss on Ultimate, to listen to the soundtrack.
it's amazing.

here's a sample (Act 5 boss): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkY0ai0Poc

even at level 95 he's one scary fucker.
the music captures that perfectly.

Spoiler
actually, all Chthonians are.
could be my low Chaos res - but they hit harder than ever.
and their new Nemesis is just pure insanity.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 13, 2017, 2:20:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info