Is farming Atziri / Uber Atziri in Standard profitable?

Title. Off hand, given the low drop rate of Acuity/Hope and the price of the other uniques relative to the cost of the fragments required, it seems like it is not, but wanted to hear some opinions from people who are doing it.

personally I think Hopes are still overvalued on Standard, so I haven't killed her since 1.2 hit.

If you want to level up fast and can do it deathless reliably then it can be worth it to take a loss though.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

personally I think Hopes are still overvalued on Standard, so I haven't killed her since 1.2 hit.

If you want to level up fast and can do it deathless reliably then it can be worth it to take a loss though.

Haven't even bothered since 1.2 either. It's huge waste of currency. IIRC VoE got 2 gloves in 50 sets or soemthing.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
I would say how much of the fragments u farm urself decides how much it is profitable. Hopes go for 10ex now, there is a big hunt for the gloves that drive the price on all other Uber drops down the drain, to the point of being worthless cause ppl dump them to get new shots at Uber. Ppl are obsessed w getting a gloves drop, this results in quiet alot of ppl farming frags and some running services. It is not easy money to be made, stuff are hard to sell these days and trading is slow all over. I hope the merge w Rampage will boost sales and activity. Let's say that if u buy the Mortal Sets and pay 10-12 ex for them, and the gloves drop about 5% of the time, then u need an average of 200-240 ex investment in sets to get 1 glove drop, so it kind of even outs. At the same time there is variance/rng, some get lucky, most dont.... Saying it's a huge waste of currency I think is wrong, it should more or less even out if u take the currency u make from drops and stuff into the equation - I would say its a null sum game/ sligthly profitable atm, but it takes alot of time and investment. Not like picking candy from schoolchildren anymore as Jake was used to in Ambush.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
What did the odds change to from Ambush? Was it 1 in 4 in ambush? I think the nerf was retarded after all if you beat hardest boss in game after such RNG gating on top of it why not get such a great item?

Git R Dun!
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Haven't even bothered since 1.2 either. It's huge waste of currency. IIRC VoE got 2 gloves in 50 sets or soemthing.

I think Iski did something like 200 runs in Rampage before he got one lol

He got pretty unlucky.
But yeah, I'm considering staying in Standard next league, so trying to figure out how to keep the funds flowing.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
What did the odds change to from Ambush? Was it 1 in 4 in ambush? I think the nerf was retarded after all if you beat hardest boss in game after such RNG gating on top of it why not get such a great item?

problem is, with the item dropping so often from all the people who are able to do uber, and people who constantly farm her, supply and demand would drive the price on the gloves DOWN which would make them more widely available for the whole game, which is exactly what GGG didn't and doesn't want.

those gloves are a great item, they are an uber item. their stats were justified by the fact that for a little while nobody even entered the area uber atziri was in let alone beat her. however people adapted, got better, defeated her, and now there is a stream of those gloves being sold.

right now they are still being sold for an extreme amount of currency, but if the drops of them were not nerfed they'd be vastly cheaper. IIRQ before i took a break from the game they were selling for only 90 exalts but im not sure im remembering right
"
Is farming Atziri / Uber Atziri in Standard profitable?

This is the whole problem with the community of POE. The question shouldn't be if it is profitable the question should be if it is fun to farm her!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
the gloves went down to 50-60ex during Ambush and even in Rampage it isnt profitable to run the bitch ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info