Season Nine, Event 93: 2 Hour Fixed Seed Famine

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Eye at season end. You can view the current top three participants by class here.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Top Prizes:

The overall alive top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 alive players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Eye (Unique Golden Hoop) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 38: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 34-37: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 29-33: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 25-28: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 20-24: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 14-19: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 8-13: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Brutus (Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty A Swig of Hope (Docks): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty A Fixture of Fate (Library): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Dominus (Upper Scepter of God): 3 Reward Points.
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Den: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points.
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Fencoil Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Topaz Ring Item (25 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Pyre Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Rumi's Concoction Unique Item (10 available to be won)
this game is too broken to have race seasons, please stop them now

i should have known better with 5 fire res XD
somehow stunned by incinerate dogs and flameblast didn't go off for half a second, causing the torrent of fire to scorch me to death :(. owell I had a terrible act 1-2. No ms or linked scepters. Ended up almost passing tolerance even with his crazy vaal time xD. L2 farm docks better :D
no ms until 33
no double qs
pretty late + 1 fire
got alch in docks

Couple logouts due to freeze boxes, one due to leaping into crit shrine and desyncing, act 2 attack speed gloves... other than that, just pretty standard. Ass docks though jeez, especially my last two. Only got a gemcutter box once.

Last edited by boof on Nov 15, 2014, 4:08:21 AM
Accidentally went to docks at level 24 because I'm not used to fixed seed, still had pretty good RNG/Placement despite the mistake

CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
So how does one go about running a second character? I saw during sign-in that a lot of accounts had two characters.* I also noticed those names featured strongly in the achievements I saw popping up on-screen as I was playing through.

So do you need to play through with two characters somehow to do well? Or have someone play another toon on your account?

I see Throzz came fourth and he was running ThrozzSig *and* ThrozzMule. ???

[*] I screen-shotted a couple to check against results - got Throzz' toons listed on a screenie.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Last edited by DemiDemon on Nov 15, 2014, 7:37:09 AM
Wtf using quote breaks it, anyway it's for comment above.

In longer races it's worth it to make a 'mule' to grab a skill gem that will make your life easier. You also get extra flasks and wisdom scrolls. If you do take the time also second shot at getting coral ring/ms boots of vendors.

You play mule character for like 1min but it enables your main character build and/or shaves off multiple minutes of progressing by making it stronger.

//Edit somehow it broke during posting :)
Last edited by Niktos on Nov 15, 2014, 11:17:47 AM
"
Niktos wrote:
You play mule character for like 1min but it enables your main character build and/or shaves off multiple minutes of progressing by making it stronger.
Thanks Niktos.

How is the mule played though? It's a solo race so it can't be in the same party (can it?). Is it on another computer or two instances of PoE on one?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm just very curious. I've been playing since beta and know zilch about this practice.

Cheers,

[edit] Last question for GGG; Is it within the spirit of the game to do this? It's supposed to be a "solo" race - it says right there at the top of the announcement.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Last edited by DemiDemon on Nov 15, 2014, 6:15:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info