Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

On a 1-100 scale of pointlessness, this change is at a 98.
"
iglyph wrote:
So basicly if i vaal orb a white plateu do i have a chance of getting a atziri fragment?

If you Vaal Orb a white Plateau, it can result the same* as Vaal Orbing a blue or yellow Plateau.

It can still turn 8 prop yellow.
It can turn <8 prop yellow.
It can UNID, wait, no it can't -_-*
It can +1 lvl.
It can +1 lvl 8 prop yellow.
It can +1 lvl <8 prop yellow.
It can corrupt with no change.

I can't see any reason why the boss won't abide by the 'corrupt = chance to drop frag' change.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 10, 2014, 5:43:15 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
+1 GGG

This suggestion was going around even before SotV released. It took some time, but yeah... we all know it makes sense.

Let no Courtyard map be run uncorrupted! :)

so let me get this right, you are going to use a vaal orb to corrupt courtyards, that are worth 1exalt+ each, to try and get a vaal fragment thats worth less than a vaal orb? Even if you hit that lucky jackpot midnight fragment drop, that midnight fragment is worth less than the courtyard map you just ran. If any other fragment drops its worth virtually nothing, its like a 66-69 map dropping from a lvl78 boss in value terms. Whens the last time you got hyped because Courtyard boss dropped you a Tunnel map?

This makes risk vs reward sense to anyone here? Risk running a map that could cost you truly significant amounts if you die in order to maybe find something that isnt even worth as much as it cost you to corrupt the bloody map to start with. 8 pieces required to make a vaal orb, so vaal a carto box, get 8 vaaled maps back and guess what, after running these 8 horrible maps you might have enough to make another vaal orb to vaal another box.. yay? No?

No, its absolutely retarded. There is no risk vs reward balance in running corrupted maps, not before or after this change, theres no risk v reward sense in running hard yellow maps, theres no risk vs reward sense in killing hard bosses. Those that do these things do them because they want to, and will continue to do so regardless of meaningless changes like this, and those that dont still wont. If GGG thinks there is any meaningful risk vs reward balance in their endgame then they need to get their head out of server stats screens and actually play their own game because it just doesnt exist, at all.

+1000
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
iglyph wrote:
So basicly if i vaal orb a white plateu do i have a chance of getting a atziri fragment?

If you Vaal Orb a white Plateau, it can result the same as Vaal Orbing a blue or yellow Plateau.

It can still turn 8 prop yellow.
It can turn <8 prop yellow.
It can UNID.
It can +1 lvl.
It can +1 lvl 8 prop yellow.
It can +1 lvl <8 prop yellow.
It can corrupt with no change.

I can't see any reason why the boss won't abide by the 'corrupt = chance to drop frag' change.

or better still, guaranteed fragment procurement, give me the uncorrupted Plateau map and Ill give you a random vaal fragment in trade? How about that? Any takers?

No?

Really?

Save yourself a vaal orb AND get a guaranteed fragment? Surely thats a win in anyones book?

Really interesting content, GGG makes great content by satisfying any single player in softcore or new leagues. Wanna be so fun to run truly hardcore corrupted maps and drop vaal content.
Doot
Is this the point where we stop giving constructive feedback (given for what, 8 months now?) about Atziri/fragments/CZs; and go full 'what no HC 1 month' mode?

It seems one method gets ignored while the other gets instant action.
Casually casual.

That's as useful chance as chisel recipe was. Hardly anyone will use this method coz vaal orbs are too rare and too expensive for that. So disappointing.

Here's how it should work: All map bosses have a chance to drop sacrifice fragments. That chance is increased buy map level and the map's quantity mod. A white level 66 map would have about a 5% to drop a fragment, while a rare 78 with 150% quantity would essentially guarantee a drop. The exact numbers can be tweaked if required, the concept remains the same. The Vaal orb system adds a nice bit of flavor to map crafting, there is no reason why it cannot exist alongside my proposed mechanic.
Last edited by Hodder on Nov 10, 2014, 6:11:25 AM
"
CookieVortex wrote:
That's as useful chance as chisel recipe was. Hardly anyone will use this method coz vaal orbs are too rare and too expensive for that. So disappointing.

The original chisel recipe that was so bad, even the bots Facepalmed at it.

Thing is, if there was an army of bots willing to farm stone hammers, it would have been deemed a great success and not changed, lol.
Casually casual.

Vaal orbs are very rare, therefore this is a rubbish change which will not make a difference.

Please add Corrupted areas in maps.
IGN - Sparky_RAMPAGE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info