All Mathil guides compiled

"
rustypipe wrote:
Thanks for the reply, yeah I did some tweaking on the passive tree and dropped some mana reduction nodes and got 2x10% Crit Multi in that wheel, but it only raised the DPS by less then 100. The extra 30% spell dmg and 30% crit multi on a better amulet should raise it another 200-400 but that's still a FAR cry from the 12-16K people are getting? No idea how they are managing this.

In the video Mathil provided his AOE Bladevortex is sitting at 12K without any charges, now I don't expect to get to that unless I invest another 1ex or 2 but I'm pretty well sitting at half that?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lawliet196/characters
here's my bv character (Etxaidi) following mathil build. i managed to get as much ES and DPS as mathil does, 207 mana left, over 110 mana regen. not that hard,7ex total for my dagger, shield , helm and amulet, the rest are just cheap.
the crit multi is really important, but the ele dmg to spell on dagger is just as good if u can't find crit multi
use 2 two-stone ring with lot of mana, regen, and es, more res would be nice.
the amulet is a big source of dmg , try to focus on this, u got lot of str and dex on the boot already, so u don't have to worry about it
don't be afraid to spend a litte more currency for better gear, i just spent 3.5ex for the 21/20 BV gem , totally worth it
hope this help
Last edited by Lawliet196 on Feb 1, 2016, 12:11:10 PM
Hey Mathil.

Im doing the CoC PowerPoint.

Which Jewels should i go for?
@Mistletoes
@Lawliet196

Thanks to both of you for the help. Looks like I will need to save up a few ex and buy some better gear. I just find balancing the rigs, amulet, and belt tricky with this build. It seems I can get my res good but something else goes sideways or the stats or something :P

This will help me source out the right mix of stuff however. Sadly I wish I would of got this 1-2ex ago but that's life :p

Also since I'm using Lioneye boots I figure I'll need to get to lvl 92-93 to fill out the passive tree to where it needs to be. I was looking at this and Mathil got the extra Jewel node as well near Vaal pac. Part of my problem is I have 2 jewel slots atm and one of them is being used for a Mana reservation reduction jewel. If I grab the other passive node which is 2 skill points I can remove this and dump another damage node in. Quick question with the skyforth boots you get 14% mana reservation reduced. With the Lioneye Skilltree path you get 12% is that 2% a big difference?

So I think once I get to lvl 93 my passive tree will allow me 3 extra jewel slots which will add 30-40% more spell damage and an additional 36% crit multi or more. I think this will resolve the problem assuming I can get the jewellery balanced out for the mana issues / Ess issues.

I did manage to kill Aziti the other day with only 2 deaths. One was to the Trio, I stacked up to 50 stacks dove in and killed the first melee trio on the left, however my stacks drop from 50 to 20 SO fast, then I spun over to the spine throwing one but she dropped spines on me and it just nuked me. The only other death came from Azitri and not dodging a flame blast. When not using the increased duration how long do you typically have until your stacks start dropping below 30?

I think once I get to lvl 93 to fill out the passive tree and get the few extra jewels / Crit Multi and get proper jewellery it will help a lot. However grinding to 93 takes awhile was hoping it would fill out closer to lvl 88 but i'll get there. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by rustypipe on Feb 1, 2016, 1:50:10 PM
@rustypipe those extra 2% mana give u the ability to use higher lvl clarity , which mean more regen, which mean more stack. w/o vaal haste and vaal clarity, mathil can go up to 35 - 36 stack, with me it's 31, thats the difference, i think it only matter if u want to do uber ( still doable though, just a bit harder )
Last edited by Lawliet196 on Feb 2, 2016, 1:01:16 AM
shet.. i didn't see that talisman... which i dont have since im in standard... ill lose lots of dmg.. but still, ill go for it..

perhaps some day ill but it from someone

nice build mathil ! keep it up ! :D

or how i call u.. mattingly ! take off those sidebruns ! (watch the simpsons for any reference)

Crit Facebreakers build :P
Last edited by Porongueti on Feb 4, 2016, 10:07:00 AM
hey guys so im currently running the coc ST build, level 74 & it's going great, but im having trouble with gear, mainly the daggers & rings.

Spoiler

daggers are confusing as hell right now and i dont if mine are meh or good & want to know if i need to upgrade soon before i waste currency on something else lol
"
5mash wrote:
hey guys so im currently running the coc ST build, level 74 & it's going great, but im having trouble with gear, mainly the daggers & rings.

Spoiler

daggers are confusing as hell right now and i dont if mine are meh or good & want to know if i need to upgrade soon before i waste currency on something else lol

Your first dagger is quite good and imo shouldn't be replaced unless you really have the currency for it (the only thing i'd improve for the first one is getting a higher crit chance for your attacks.)
For the second dagger try to focus on getting one that has high base crit chance like 8.5%+ and high attack speed after that spell damage/flat ele damage to spells and crit multi are the most important things to get on them imo. But don't worry if you cant find these daggers crit chance to spells is still really good or maybe even attributes so you can upgrade another gear piece that had to have stats on it before.

Has anyone yet thought of Blasphemy Assasin's Mark yet? I feel like running HoI Purity and Blaspemy work really well together and still leave you at 5% unreserved mana so low regen maps aren't really a problem even if you use Whirling Blades with 2 manacost araoung the map plus Assassin's Mark gives you mana on kill anyways.
"
Your first dagger is quite good and imo shouldn't be replaced unless you really have the currency for it (the only thing i'd improve for the first one is getting a higher crit chance for your attacks.)
For the second dagger try to focus on getting one that has high base crit chance like 8.5%+ and high attack speed after that spell damage/flat ele damage to spells and crit multi are the most important things to get on them imo. But don't worry if you cant find these daggers crit chance to spells is still really good or maybe even attributes so you can upgrade another gear piece that had to have stats on it before.

i seem to have messed up, i got a new dagger today with much higher spell dmg but lower crit dang, wonder which one should i use now? tbh i didn't notice any difference between these two in maps so idk.

new one

old one

another question, since im not running frenzy that leaves with 4 empty sockets, should i run a cwdt setup? what do you think?
Can anyone let me know why im not passing 10k damage?

"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Can anyone let me know why im not passing 10k damage?

BV gem not 20 yet. spell crit on the dagger is too low, also crit mutli and ele dmg to spell. no spell dmg or cast speed on amulet
btw, why do u use cwdt and inc aoe on ur 2nd BV set up? they give u nothing. CoH + asssasin's mark would be way more useful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info