All Mathil guides compiled

"
Phosphore wrote:
Hi Mathil,

Im currently following your blade vortex guide :-)

Im kinda new to the game, and id like to know how you can craft that 'Golden Kris' (the one with 80% base crit) to your nice daggers, starting from a white item base

Could you please let me know , the steps i need to do to make one please

Thanks!
Kind Regards

It's not that complicated, but it may take a while.

1) You use alteration and augmentation until you have two very good affixes
2) Then you regal and hope for a good new affix. If the new affix is bad, you scour and get back to 1)
3) You craft it with your bench

Note: You should not craft flat damage to spells yourself since the crafterd rolls are quite low, so you need this before crafting. You could craft crit chance for spells, but the range is low too (50-69). I think that crafting crit multiplier is fine (22-27). But if you want a dagger as good as Mathil's you'll have to get exactly the same affixes and craft spell damage.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Hi Mathil! Do you think that duelist variant coc PowerPoint will be viable ?
hey currently levling the spectral throw coc build. working pretty well so far, i just have question. should i use 5l belly over 6l tabula?(leaving out bladefall)
"
remortal wrote:
hey currently levling the spectral throw coc build. working pretty well so far, i just have question. should i use 5l belly over 6l tabula?(leaving out bladefall)

I wouldn't leave bladefall out, its damage is really high. I'd leave some elemental spell before bladefall.
Hey all,

Need some help with my low life bladevortex. Currently still having mana issues. Swapped around some jewelry and have max resistances but still only have around 83 mana in my pool with the aura's up. Not sure what else to swap around. I know I could get a better Shave for more ES. The shield could also use another 200 ES on it but don't have the currency atm. Other then this just hitting a bit of a wall. Any help would be greatly appropriated.

I can handle around lvl 10-11 maps atm, haven't had any maps to try higher and tried an Atziri run today which went pretty poorly. The Trio just CLOWNED me. I tried to rush in and kill the spine thrower first, but by the time she was half dead all three converged on me and just 1 shotted me. Once she dropped the other I got down Okay but the whirling blades one would just 1 shot me.... I eventually got past them with only 1 portal left but it wasn't enough as I got caught by a flame blast near the end at aziti's last form.

Currently I have 5.8K ES which I need to work on getting it into the 6-7k, but the biggest problem is the mana pool and getting my stacks up. I can sustain 36 stacks sitting still with all aura's on but when moving around it hovers around 20 as I don't have increased duration in for the 6th link yet.

Anyhow any help would be great. Here is the gear

All gems are lvl 20 some have quality however my DPS on my BV is only at 6.7K with AOE in the 5L and 8K with Conc Effect in the 5L for bosses, which seems low considering most people are much higher. Damage is probably part of the problem as well not sure how to squeeze out that much more other then a better Spell Dmg Shield and Rustic Sash but that shouldn't bump it into proper numbers.

Here is my passive tree at the moment:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4FQgceDXwOSA-rES8RUBGWFr8YPBmKGo8bJR2qHb4gbiL0JIso-ioLKjgqUysKLJwspi9vM4c0CjW5N2Y9X0GWRnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNXyVyKXfJfamKVZJ1sC20Zb55wUnC7df13B3vXf8aCEILHgwmEb4cTidOMNo_6kNaTJ5Uul5WX9JykoS-io6crrrOycLQMtUi-isHzwzrK09Af0NDQ9dRC18_ZE9lb217fit-w4YjpAuq662Pr9ewY74jv6_DV8h322vk3-ej7CQ==?accountName=rustypipe&characterName=RustyVortex

Last edited by rustypipe on Jan 30, 2016, 8:46:06 PM
Needs moar crit multi.

Like, 30% more on your amulet, at least 20% more on the tree (in that juicy spell crit wheel above Shadow), and probably on your dagger.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Thanks for the reply, yeah I did some tweaking on the passive tree and dropped some mana reduction nodes and got 2x10% Crit Multi in that wheel, but it only raised the DPS by less then 100. The extra 30% spell dmg and 30% crit multi on a better amulet should raise it another 200-400 but that's still a FAR cry from the 12-16K people are getting? No idea how they are managing this.

In the video Mathil provided his AOE Bladevortex is sitting at 12K without any charges, now I don't expect to get to that unless I invest another 1ex or 2 but I'm pretty well sitting at half that?

Last edited by rustypipe on Jan 31, 2016, 2:40:18 AM
Hi Mathil! Do you think CoC powerpoint with Shadow will be better with the new ascendancy passives?
@rustypipe

Look for +max mana as well as +mana regen on rings and ammulet if you can, those are very important. Also look for +max ES as well, about 40+ for the 3 mods if you can afford it. Amulet is a great DPS boost slot, look for spell damage, crit multi, and +max ES or %max ES, and any missing STR/DEX requirements. Maybe crit chance too if you're rich.

I notice that you are on Talisman. Here's my gear on Talisman league and while its far from the best, it works decently and I have around a 242 mana pool to work with. Other than the Shavs and the Maligaro gloves, everything else was anywhere from 5c to 1ex.

Your biggest source of ES is gonna be from the shield and helmet. Ideally reach for 350+ ES with a high max ES roll. +mana on helmet and +spell damage on shield if you can.

Also, your gems. They should at least be 20/20 (but not your auras of course. Heralds however should be 20/20).

Your jewels also boost your DPS a lot. Ideal mods: spell damage, phys damage, and area damage. I'm too cheap to pay for a jewel with that (and theres not many out there) so I go for cheaper ones such as spell damage, area damage, and cold damage. Try to have at least 2 damage mods on each jewel.

my gear

Last edited by Mistletoes on Jan 31, 2016, 10:21:53 PM
"
Phyziix wrote:
Does anyone happen to know what Bandits Mathil took for his LL Blade Vortex build? Currently, I made the assumption to take passive point in both Normal and Cruel. I assume he took Power Charge for Merc?

I may be wrong but if I recall correctly in his video guide he says he took passive in normal, phys damage in cruel, and power charge in merc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info