[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
thiago231 wrote:
What do you think about this build for the next patch [2.0]?

With the currently proposed changes... EB and life-based casters are gonna be in a real bad shape, so think carefully about spending any currency.

With this build doesnt matter. See my no regen maps I run in OP. Just as fast.

This build needs no mana regen at all let alone EB.

But I am working on a CI version of this so we can deal with loss of AA

8,000-10,000 ES CI beats 5000 life + 26 AA

PLedge with its 100% mana will be highly valued post patch - CI or life too.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 26, 2015, 7:53:55 AM
"
Asag wrote:
What you think about this staff for this build:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Taryn%27s_Shiver.

PoH ofcourse better but is Shiver much worse than PoH?

shiver is terrible

not only is it less DPS than pledge you need to make 10 mana nodes on tree to equal pledge further lessoning DPS.

GG skin though

Finally its only good for cold builds? Is it worth 5 or 6L an item that can only be used for one segment of spells? I think not. PoH is universal. Can play SRS with only 15% less DPS than a +3 staff or cold fire lightning well.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 26, 2015, 5:45:35 PM
I decided to get rid of EB altogether with uncertainty about EB nerf in 2.0. This build never needed it really in first place with Automatic Warlords/Assassins Curses. We lose AA but have 1000+ ES so effective EHP is now ~6000 with life. Could have even more EHP as hybrid now that we know to gear for it.

We will also gain 6 tree points come patch not messing with EB - therefore we get even more powerful and Will be able to run Anger too since we are not running clarity either and it will apply to spells.

Prelim Video showing no EB

http://youtu.be/4b_CA2BVCjY
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 26, 2015, 8:38:53 PM
did done uber?
Not with this build. Not enough DPS not enough mitigation. UBER is a different ball game than regular need insane DPS to DPS them down before they can do much or insane mitigation to survive what they do. My incinerate build can though.
Git R Dun!
Aim,

Build looks awesome :) I'm going to be doing something very similar when 2.0 is released, can't wait.

I have a legacy coil and a carcass jack, which should i use?

Thanks,
Danton
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
1 random thought for gem swapping for boss fight.

6L Pledge (original setup)
Ice Nova, Faster Casting, Life leech, Added cold, cold pen, conc. effect/ inc. crit

Aim's Gem swap
Ice nova => arctic breath
Added cold => Gmp

My new suggestion
ice nova => Glacial cascade

and maybe move icenova to replace inc. aoe in chest to apply range curse on hit.

Lv 20 base gem damage
Ice nova 185–289
Glacial cascade (cold damage proportion)154–232
Arctic Breath 374-561

Glacial Cascade might be doing more damage than on tooltip because of 1% higher base crit and its mechanics - overlapping. Though is has 80% damage effectiveness to added cold gem and heralds.

This might be a viable solution since shotgunning will be remove in the next expansion.

The above is just some theorycrafting of mine, only tested on a lv1 Glacial cascade, and it is doing pretty well clearing 70ish map.

From what I heard with the shotgunning nerf, the individual explosions from AB will still overlap their damage, just not the missiles themselves. I might be wrong on this.

However for the sake of theorycrafting, with the skill tree you have, you're mostly putting dps points into spell damage, cast speed and elemental damage, hardly any hard "cold" nodes.

That means you're not limited to cold spells for a boss swap.

You could swap nova with firestorm and cold to fire with increased duration.
You could swap nova with ball lightning and added cold with slower projectiles. (would have to find something for cold to fire.)
You could swap nova with storm call (find something for cold to fire again).

Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
From what I heard with the shotgunning nerf, the individual explosions from AB will still overlap their damage, just not the missiles themselves. I might be wrong on this.

The missile must hit the target before exploding. Shotgun nerf means only 1 AB per cast will hit the target even with lmp and gmp.

"
Simplesim45 wrote:

However for the sake of theorycrafting, with the skill tree you have, you're mostly putting dps points into spell damage, cast speed and elemental damage, hardly any hard "cold" nodes.

There are several reasons I think GC is good.
1) only 1 gem swap, less time-consuming or trouble in gem swapping.
2) GC deals party cold damage, so cold pen. is relevant
3) GC is AOE spell, the scaling of inc. aoe, conc. effect, aoe dmg will apply to GC too.
4) GC has potential to do 2-4times the damage on tooltip since the ovelapping of damaging area of cascade.
5) GC has a base of 6% crit chance.
6) the physical damage (if reflected) can be mitigated by AA alone.
Last edited by MinaGing on Apr 30, 2015, 1:36:08 AM
With new patch I suggest glacial cascade as well ming. But you can cast ice wall and get the all 5 explosions to hurt atziri and her friends but too much trouble maybe.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 30, 2015, 8:51:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info