[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

before i switched to fn i was 32k with same gear in arc. ofc you hit much fewer. quite fun to see screen vaporize 20-30 baddies instant. id say based on my play of both this clear twice as fast due to piercing and unlimited mob hit. safer coz freezeing.
Git R Dun!
I have always wanted to build an endgame ice nova character, so I will try my variation on this build, thanks.
By the way MinaGing, I saw that you are having nice results with a rf arcer. I used to have one before 1.2, lvl 92 unspecced atm, and I have no idea how to rebuild it.
Any advice?

Sorry for going offtopic
"
zyxas wrote:
I have always wanted to build an endgame ice nova character, so I will try my variation on this build, thanks.
By the way MinaGing, I saw that you are having nice results with a rf arcer. I used to have one before 1.2, lvl 92 unspecced atm, and I have no idea how to rebuild it.
Any advice?

Sorry for going offtopic

I have been trying to keep Foxtactics Righteous Arc updated. You can read here
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896869/page/45

---------------------------------------

As for this build, yesterday i finally get my new character to lv68 and transit to this build.
Despite planning to go with carcass jack, I saw a 6L 4B2R Lightning coil and bought it. So i will be using lightning coil for now.

1) Warlock's mark definitely resolves the high mana cost of ice nova, (An unreserved mana pool being able to cast twice is essential, ideal will be able to cast three times. from my crit. Spectral throw build experience.)
2) I have difficulty keeping power charges up. didn't not take increase power charage duration near shadow might be the reason.
3) Concetrated effect gives huge boost to dps, but mana cost is 190ish mana, which is very difficult/immpossible to run with a lightning coil (instead of carcass jack) without mana issue.
Perhaps with 20 quality Concentrated effect might be able to.
4) Cdwt- immortal call (get endurance charges from enduring cry or warlock mark) helps avoid so much damage should definitely find a way to fit in the build.

Current Tree
http://poeurl.com/y47aGRu

My Gear(Rings are temporary, probably get rings with cast speed and life when purity fully leveled)

I'll test out carcass jack when gems are fully leveled.

TheoryCrafting spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7NaRdPBsRIx_bOFXZizkYHNXr00G3rbJ0tIdgehG5o/edit#gid=1120440112
Last edited by MinaGing on Nov 7, 2014, 12:56:32 PM
Why added ice over echo or empower?
"
CabooseDog wrote:

cause pledge of hands has spell echo lvl 30.
added cold gives 10% freeze chance with Q and has increased chill duration and scales with every cold% you skilled in the tree
"
Petekes wrote:
"
CabooseDog wrote:

cause pledge of hands has spell echo lvl 30.
added cold gives 10% freeze chance with Q and has increased chill duration and scales with every cold% you skilled in the tree

oh lol totally forgot about echo on pledge XD
Arctic breath/GMP swap combo leveld up for boss beat atziri...uploading.

I forgot to turn on PoF so I take a bit of fire damage lol

http://youtu.be/fVZkY3ZhCWo
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 7, 2014, 11:47:03 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:

Echo is inside PoH free and at level 30.

Empower is terrible for this build lose about 1K DPS from added ICE.

Not only that I need added ICE's green socket for GMP when I switch to artic breath shotgun on BOSS.

"

We dont care about that added freeze. Critting gives all the freeze you need.:)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 8, 2014, 12:38:47 AM
"
MinaGing wrote:
"
zyxas wrote:
Any advice?

Sorry for going offtopic

I have been trying to keep Foxtactics Righteous Arc updated. You can read here
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896869/page/45

---------------------------------------

As for this build, yesterday i finally get my new character to lv68 and transit to this build.
Despite planning to go with carcass jack, I saw a 6L 4B2R Lightning coil and bought it. So i will be using lightning coil for now.

1) Warlock's mark definitely resolves the high mana cost of ice nova, (An unreserved mana pool being able to cast twice is essential, ideal will be able to cast three times. from my crit. Spectral throw build experience.)
2) I have difficulty keeping power charges up. didn't not take increase power charage duration near shadow might be the reason.
3) Concetrated effect gives huge boost to dps, but mana cost is 190ish mana, which is very difficult/immpossible to run with a lightning coil (instead of carcass jack) without mana issue.
Perhaps with 20 quality Concentrated effect might be able to.
4) Cdwt- immortal call (get endurance charges from enduring cry or warlock mark) helps avoid so much damage should definitely find a way to fit in the build.

Current Tree
http://poeurl.com/y47aGRu

My Gear(Rings are temporary, probably get rings with cast speed and life when purity fully leveled)

I'll test out carcass jack when gems are fully leveled.

TheoryCrafting spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7NaRdPBsRIx_bOFXZizkYHNXr00G3rbJ0tIdgehG5o/edit#gid=1120440112

Very nice chest Ming. I have to wait to standard to wear mine.

Yes you must take both power charge duration if you wish to maintain 7 power-charge on a whole map.

CWDT - not a fan. Too redundant with LC. Didnt use one last season won't this one. LC is super tank with over max lighting res. They froze too. And you have instant life leech which is a form of mitigation in and of itself. YMMV. If you wear Carcass Jack I would use a CWDT setup for sure!

Carcass Jack might be best chest for this build.

-easier to RRBBBB
-More ES means more mana and more regen
-More DPS and range
-No -60 lightning penalty like LC
-Some resitance
-Can run Conc and faster Cast in 7L PoH
-Can still run 5-6 auras

Only huge caveat can CWDT setup handle all the physical mitigation duties...look forward to your testing.

GL cya in game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 8, 2014, 6:19:33 AM
After Aim_Deep told me about using Ice Spear over Arctic Breath for single target DPS, I have some brain storming about its potential. Well, I believe Ice Spear is the perfect answer to the Single Target DPS issue with the build, just like Flame Surge is the answer for single target dps for Righteous Arc (No more gem swapping Yeah!!)

New Ideas with Theory Crafting of the build using Carcass Jack
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7NaRdPBsRIx_bOFXZizkYHNXr00G3rbJ0tIdgehG5o/edit?usp=sharing

Major Changes are as follow
1) Use Vertex as Helmet (Ice spear - Echo/Faster Casting - Cold Pen. - Empower/ Inc. Crit. Dmg) for Single target (Foxtactics Arc style).
Given Ice spear as a sick 49% base crit chance in second, the build will do decent dmg even without power charges. In addition, since ice spear is range, it solves the issue of no endurance charges for immortal call as one need not go to melee range when fighting boss. The icing on the cake is the high chance to freeze and chill the bosses, and thus lowering their dps

2) Running only PoI, HoI, HoT & Clarity. Dropping all aura passive nodes as a result.
The huge mana pool, provided by vertex, rare gloves, carcass jack and pledge of hands, will allow running 5 auras without any issue and with lots of mana to spare.

3) Employing Rumi's Concoction for blocking, spell block and armour. This gives two new layers of defense to arctic armour, evasion and cwdt, making it less prone to physical damage.

Gem Setup
7L Ice Nova - Cold Pen - Added Cold - Faster Casting - Conc. Effect - Life Leech - Echo
6L Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Inc. AOE - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - Warlord's Mark
4L (Vertex) Ice spear - Echo - Cold Pen. - Empower/ Inc. Crit. Dmg
4L Purity of Ice - Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder - Reduced Mana
4L Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Clarity - Arctic Armour
Last edited by MinaGing on Nov 11, 2014, 12:35:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info