[2.2]->[2.6] Pathfinder Budget / Lightning Arrow / 100% pierce / Crit / Infractem

Thanks for the quick replies!

I got a new Quiver, respecced some nodes, and bought a q20 Lesser Multiple Projectiles. I got about 1k damage added which is good but not as good as I hoped. Accuracy sits at 87% which might be the issue. I don't really have room to improve my gear much since I need double or triple resists + life on every piece in addition to other stats (not to mention color issues), but maybe I'll find myself something with all that + Accuracy in the future.

I took a bit more life from the tree this time because I definitely needed more - currently at 3.6k. Reason for this is that I experimented a bit - in a Maze Map with some added damage, I let a white Collossal Vaal Fallen hit me on purpose. Result: dead in one hit. Two tries, same result. Probably a critical hit, but still scary to think what heavy-hitting high-level blue, rare, unique mobs can do.

scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
in most cases in this game best results damagewise are achieved not by focusing on one thing, but on many things at the same time (even if it means investing less into each individual one)

damage will come with gem levels and better gear. as mentioned before - attack speed is another huge factor. check how dps you get with each frenzy charge. if the increase is substantial: a) try to keep charges up (easy to do and free of charge) b) focus attack speed on gear c) get aspd passives

quality gems worth mentioning - LMP (aspd) and PPAD (proj damage). proj damage in general is a good stat as it seems to 'almost double dip' with converted damage and increases both both heralds

as for defenses - there is little difference between 3.6k and 4.4k in high maps - one hard hit can kill you in both cases. i have ~3.7 now and what killed me 2 days ago was a.. strongbox + poison cloud + freeze + me using blink arrow badly

big bosses just do not hit you when you have 50% movement speed without quicksilver. then there is evasion + dodge.

surgeons / iron skin granite is your best friend anyway :)
Now with 20% quality Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Lesser Multiple Projectiles, good Quiver and more Accuracy I get...6.5k DPS Lightning Arrow. Still not sure how to get to 12k though I have a bit better defenses thanks to Atziri's Step.

The build really works well for something with such a low cost, I can do 76 Crematorium (except for the boss) fast and safe. Large mobs die fast, single mobs die slow unless I waste a Vaal Burning Arrow (9.3k DPS). At 77 maps, the lesser damage starts to show in slower clear speed but the bosses are still doable.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Jan 25, 2015, 3:40:23 PM
Hi!

Im playing currently your build, and im looking for little help :) I'm really excited about this build and I love to play it. With turn on auras, i have 10 262 LA DPS, Frenzy has 4 263 DPS and, finally Vall burning arrow has 9 626 DPS.
I have 2 720 HP and 373 mana reserved, 99 not reserved.
I use little changed version of your skill tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QMeBbUGIwguCIkKmxGBFr8Zjh9BIXYi6iP2JJ0k_SaVKgswcTB8MfoyATKUNj051DpCSn1LeE2SUUdVS1b6W69daF3yXkVh4mJaY6dnoG1sb_JwUnDVcaFyw3b3d9d4638CfyuGzod2idOMC4w2jX2Nv49PkAqS85UFmvGbJpuNoJ-hIqJApuCrC6_rsTCyGbUItUi5fLvjwTPEosqpzAbPetN-1CPWitnG3Q3dRt2o45_nCudU53To1uyw7YPvevPq9Pj66_zF_rr_3g==

My current gear is:

Spoiler

I have few questions for you:

1. What chest do you suggest me to use? My resists are over cap, so I'm looking for some good yellow/legendary chest.

2. If I can have 6L Infractem, what support gem would you use in sixth socket with LA?

3. If I'll manage to have 6L chest, what support skill would you suggest me to use in sixth socket?

Thx for help!
Last edited by Nevenka242 on Jan 31, 2015, 6:59:22 PM
Awesome build, i'm playing it right now and its really good so far, here is my variation on it :D

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QMeBbUGIwguCIkKmxa_GY4ZtB9BIXYi6iP2JJ0k_SaVKgss6TBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCR35KfUt4TZJRR1VLVvpbr11oXkVh4mJaYqxlTWegbIxtbG5pb_JwUnDVcaF1y3b3d9d4638CfyuGzod2idOMC4w2jX2Nv49PkvOVBZrxm42dqqCfoSKiQKbgr-uxMLUItUi5fLvjvTa-p8EzxKLKqcrTzZjTftQj1fjWitnG3Q3dqOOf5wrnVOd06NbqYuyw7YPvevPq9Pj66_zF_rr_3g==

I tried other stuff but might stick with that one, got 8% speed from kaytrin and took power charge from allira to compensate the lack of it on the tree.
Last edited by shydo on Jan 31, 2015, 8:21:28 PM
First time i see someone on forums using puncture trap in 2. slot. Finally :)
used it quite some time now this way and kinda used to it. But never bothered to post it here. Nice guide!like all non-fotm, smart "budget" build.
you could also use curse on hit and vulnerability - in case you get a 6l- thats a reall boss killer :)

Last edited by hcl on Feb 2, 2015, 6:56:14 AM
sorry for neglecting this build for so long, have somehow missed your replies.. sorry

"
Nevenka242 wrote:

I have few questions for you:

1. What chest do you suggest me to use? My resists are over cap, so I'm looking for some good yellow/legendary chest.

2. If I can have 6L Infractem, what support gem would you use in sixth socket with LA?

3. If I'll manage to have 6L chest, what support skill would you suggest me to use in sixth socket?

Thx for help!

1) i see it that way. you need evasion (for ondars, reflect with leech only from Thief's Torment has to be mitigated at the source - dodged/evaded). so there are 3 options:

a) Carcass - for that bit bigger LA 'reach'. zaps reach further thus increasing AOE coverage. Carcass does NOT increase LA damage directly! Life is also good. Best colors for my Curse on Hit Setup (need 3 blue, 2 green).

b) Daresso Defiance - for 6% dodge and perma end charges. this build does not get hit often but when it does Onslaught makes it sweeter. Hard time getting correct colors.

c) Atziri Splendor (EV/ES variant) - it isnt particularly great but i really like the 100 life/mana on kill. makes casual clears (and no-regen maps) so smoooooooth. one of the underrated uniques out there. Good for colors. More of a 'fun' choice than 'best' choice.

honorable mention: Belly of the Beast. ~50% extra life cannot be ignored. but i do not like it for this build.

rare armors are for poor (like me :)). if one can cap resists without using chest slot any of the unique chests provides something well.. unique that beats rare chest.

2) Increased Crit STRIKES (not DAMAGE! - reflect is brutal already) OR LGOH for extra safety OR Phys to Lightning OR AOE. Never actually gave it much though but ive experimented with Crit Damage and know it is dangerous so i recommend against it.

3) with two 6 links id go for phys to lightning for LA (so pure ele setup) and PPAD for Frenzy for semi-pure phys damage to use vs ele packs. or consider LMP+GMP for extensive screen coverage. again. never actually gave it much thought.
I am using this build on HC at the moment just hit level 53, so far I would say it is a GREATTTT build been looking for LA , LOVE LA! just a thing I want to point one, anyone tried it with three dragons?? instead of shocking I will be freezing and it is less damage for sure, but it is safer for reflect IMO, which I prefer, and I will be taking a lot more life nodes, but great build, great value !! thanks!!
Hi
Thanks for your kind words. Im continuously being surprised that people manage to do this build in hc. Ive never planned it to be hc viable but it seems the idea is more sound than i thought (i saw someone 85+ in bloodlines with it)

Sadly it is not possible to do it cheaply in 1m league as thiefs torment rings are very rare and expensive.

Btw ive tried 3Dragons helmet and the result was.. inconclusive. But that was just after equipping infractem. Will try that again. However - hatred and HoA provide so much cold and fire damage that the ratio between lightning cold and fire is something like 4 to 3 to 2. So i do not expect significant playstyle changes..
I am currently level 68, with about 9k evasion, using rat's nest, max resist, 2.6k hp which is very low... need to rework the tree a bit before doing maps (can switch out rat's nest for a wayyyy better helm but I really like rat nest plus the evasion is a huge bonus I reckon, still have a 4 linked slot opened up, my set up are quite similar to yours I am just not much of a fan of Vaal arrow, just not being so consistent, so I am playing around with poison arrow atm, maybe I can use other stuff not sure yet, puncture trap single target is great, but just thinking if theres a set up for another single target without swapping, sometimes white trash surrounds the boss makes it bit difficult.

and some tips on HC is ummm you need to play safe, and just skip a lot of stuff, I rarely open any boxes, especially rare ones as they make my screen frozen, after ripping 2 toons like this, I rarely open them now, which kinda sucks, and you gotta pay attentions to rogues in HC, they can be dangerous,and I usually out level the area by at least 5 levels. Just to be safe, I choose to play HC cause it gives me a good thrill, and on SC I pretty much have everything so is kinda boring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info