Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

The videos have been included in the guide and discussed a bit. Check it out if you want guys!
Hi,

I have bought myself an alphas and a pretty good ambusher with double t1 rolls shown below:

and was wondering about what exact rolls I should add to this weapon using a lvl 8 Vagan? As I am just about decent at crafting.Also what do you think about using a 5L Daresso's Defiance for this build? as it has the built in LL including the endurance charge on kill.
Last edited by G3nobee56 on Oct 31, 2014, 10:16:12 PM
"
G3nobee56 wrote:
Hi,

I have bought myself an alphas and a pretty good ambusher with double t1 rolls shown below:

and was wondering about what exact rolls I should add to this weapon using a lvl 8 Vagan? As I am just about decent at crafting.Also what do you think about using a 5L Daresso's Defiance for this build? as it has the built in LL including the endurance charge on kill.

For the ambusher I'd say add Elreon's multiple mods+crit chance+weapon ele dmg+flat fire/cold dmg (whatever gives more deeps, I can't check at the moment). Attack speed isn't T1 though, it's a max roll T2. Still a solid crafting base imo.
What Ark20 said is perfectly true. The first thing you should be looking for is crit. Then either another roll in fire/cold damage or WED. But it's for sure a great start ;)
And about daresso's: It does have some interesting mechanics and it is actually a nice armor overall. The armor/evasion is huge, the HP is good, you gain extra 6% to dodge attacks. That on top of endurance charge wizardry xD But the life leech does not help much, since it is physical attack damage, and the phys damage in this build is negligible.

I have never played with it, but it seems like a viable option. I would go for acrobatics in the passive tree along phase acrobatics and Atziri's step + run grace (vs relying exclusively on Immortal Call). But that's just my advice, you are free to go out there are try what you think is right for yourself.
A few things I've been thinking while levelling the new toon:

-Do we actually need mana regen on gear? If so, how much roughly? I'm assuming the ultimate test would be spamming ST with vaal haste with all relevant gems maxed.

-Kinda related to the first, do you take the Quick Recovery for the mana regen? The life alone seems weak for 5 points.

-I have a 5L Lightning Coil that I've never really got to use, and 2 more dropped recently too. I see Lightning Coils everywhere. What do you think about using it with a purity of lightning, dropping maybe haste or wrath (replace with HoT?). It would be possible to use LC without the purity but it would require some amazing resist gear. Add life and wed for an also amazing price.

On a side note, purity of elements with all aura nodes is opieop for levelling. Currently (lv15) gives me over +40% to all resists. Using a Goldrim and self found garbage I'm well over resists cap in merciless. This is with a Tabula, by the way, so no defense on my chest slot at all.

Edit:format/readability.
Last edited by Ark20 on Nov 1, 2014, 11:42:14 PM
"
Ark20 wrote:
A few things I've been thinking while levelling the new toon:

-Do we actually need mana regen on gear? If so, how much roughly? I'm assuming the ultimate test would be spamming ST with vaal haste with all relevant gems maxed.

-Kinda related to the first, do you take the Quick Recovery for the mana regen? The life alone seems weak for 5 points.

In principle I would say enough mana regen is when you can spam your spectral throw indefinitely in normal mode. With Vaal Haste it gets a bit tricky, and anyway you will not have to sustain it for long (maybe if you have a large enough mana pool you will not have to worry about it). Also, yes I take Quick Recovery for both life and Mana regen. I know it is not TOP efficiency but everything combined makes it worth it: 14% life, 40% mana regen, 0.8% life regen, 20 intelligence for the 5 points you mentioned. The life is not stellar even for 3 points BUT you get 40% mana regen which is worth roughly one point, 20 int which is 2/3 point and the added bonus life regen. It works for me, but depending on your gear and what auras u run it might not be the optimal choice for you.

"
Ark20 wrote:
-I have a 5L Lightning Coil that I've never really got to use, and 2 more dropped recently too. I see Lightning Coils everywhere. What do you think about using it with a purity of lightning, dropping maybe haste or wrath (replace with HoT?). It would be possible to use LC without the purity but it would require some amazing resist gear. Add life and wed for an also amazing price.

Well honestly if you were to use a Lightning Coil, you should use purity of lightning too. It not only helps you cap your resist, but increases your max resist. And what to drop for it is a good question. On first glance I would drop either Haste or Herald of Ice (see if it works!). I think Wrath is too much to drop (even if you use Herald of Thunder).

"
Ark20 wrote:
On a side note, purity of elements with all aura nodes is opieop for levelling. Currently (lv15) gives me over +40% to all resists. Using a Goldrim and self found garbage I'm well over resists cap in merciless. This is with a Tabula, by the way, so no defense on my chest slot at all.

Good one here. When I was leveling I was also using a Tabula and purity of elements. So I guess you are on the right path :)
Hello,i like this st build but no defensive nods,we get it from gear,also ev/es over armor/ev?
Last edited by Desperation on Nov 3, 2014, 5:35:43 AM
The main build that I presented needs NO evasion/armor. Enduring cry + immortal call is enough to buldoze your way through anything.

BUT there is a also a variant with evasion (at the end of the guide).

And ES is pretty much a waste on this build, as it is currently.
Love your build and you are manly to face tank 3 bosses and atziri, thumbs up!

But I have some questions:-
How about acrobatics with phase acrobatics in end game? Is it viable to pick up these nodes? Or it is just a waste of points? How do we gain more accuracy from the skill tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info