Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

"
Ark20 wrote:
What would you use for a 5L? All supports seem so necessary to me that I can't really decide which to drop:
-Life leech? It's what I've been trying on a lv75 scion that had a full reset pending. I was using a slightly different tree and had ~3.3k life with "meh" gear, I'd expect ~3.5k with a proper setup. It was a struggle to stay alive relying exclusively on flasks. As a matter of fact, after a day and a half of playing it's still at 75, died too often to get to 76. I am now starting a new scion sticking to the tree you posted, hoping I will have a better control over the development of the character, rather than just dumping ~90 skill points at once.

-PCOC? Means I'd depend on assassin's mark to get and maintain power charges. This would be tedious to say the least, and it will never be as effective as an actual PCOC, in any way.

-Crit mult? That's a big kick in the deeps. A crit build without crit mult gem doesn't sound right.

What do you think?

I'm running it on a 5L now as well, as you can see from my links. I tried leaving out PCoC at first but ended up dropping Life Leech in the end. Keeping charegs up with the curse is too fucking tedious and not effective enough even if you try your best =/

I run Rumi's Concotion that I pop for bosses or rares with large health pools that last a bit longer and use the Atziri Flask for leech when I need it and it works pretty ok. If you ask me LL is the 6th link as long as you have the proper flasks.
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
I will just reply without quoting to make the post shorter, but this is for you Drippyskippy :D

Some things I noticed, mostly related to gem choice: your anger gem is not your alpha's. I hope it's just a mistake, but Anger and Wrath NEED TO be in your alphas. +2 on anger coupled with all the mechanics of the build can even mean 1k extra DPS. I use RRBG in my alpha's for Wrath-Anger-Haste-Reduced mana. In my tests it's been the most efficient. If you have problems getting 3 off colors use a Vorici service. It will cost you 100 chromes but it's worth it!

Other things: you use added cold damage. Pretty cool, it's a flat modifier which is great. But you don't have leech. In all truth, I consider the life leech gem the most laid back of defensive mechanics. While leveling up it was my primary defensive mechanic :D As long as I was hitting I was fine. And even in the later stages, it's a big factor. I know it takes a slot, but at least consider it.

Apart from that, it seems to me that you have very good reasoning and you are on the right path! Keep me updated!

Unfortunately, my Alpha's I corrupted on a previous character so it is RWGG. So I have RM + wrath + haste + Hearld of Ice in it. Had to make a decision to either have Wrath or Anger in it, can't have both unless I get another Alpha's.

Added cold is just a temporary gem i'm using. I ended up throwing Blood Magic + Clarity in my main gear and swapped added cold for FA. I haven't really felt the need to use LL, I survive quite well with 3 health pots and 2 Jade flasks. Sure, the LL would help against Ele reflect maps, but I try to stay away from them if I can. Might end up needing for Apex of Sacrifice, will just have to see, for now I prefer the added dps. Also, was curious what gem you suggest swapping LMP for when your doing bosses...culling strike?, added cold? or should I not worry about it since the extra AoE for bosses in Apex will come in handy.

Now that my mana issues are fixed I am up to a little over 16k dps. Life went down to about 3.7k though.
Last edited by Drippyskippy on Oct 29, 2014, 1:03:15 AM
What about HoT for this build?
Last edited by tinx9 on Oct 29, 2014, 5:16:51 AM
Love your build!

How much are you selling those daggers? :D
Last edited by kenny_ty on Oct 29, 2014, 10:21:35 AM
To answer some of the questions in one post:

1. In a 5L I would put ST -> LMP -> WED -> Life leech -> Crit Multi. So in essence I would drop power charge on crit. Crit multi almost always outperforms PCOC (unless you have ridiculously low critical chance modifiers I guess, but that should not happen if you follow the guide at least in principle). I consider ST, LMP and leech the core components of the attack and the others just boosters for DPS.

2. When fighting bosses you can generally consider swapping out LMP. The greatest DPS booster should be faster attacks (with my gear I've tested it!). ALSO the extra APS should not cause mana problems since faster attacks has a lower mana multiplier than LMP/GMP.

3. When doing the 'Apex of Sacrifice' there are two mechanics (used in my build) that BREAK it. The first is the 100% uptime Enduring Cry + Immortal Call combo that makes the tri-boss fight a joke. You just stand and hit. Only thing you might want to dodge is the path left by the cyclone guy. The second mechanic is Saffell's Frame + purities. With 96% fire and 95% lightning (using flasks too) you can take a double flame blast to the face on 4k HP. It's tested!

Note: the trick with Saffell's might not seem that simple because you DO have to swap our your normal shield. BUT if you look at my gear, the only thing I am losing by doing this is COLD defense. Do I need it vs Atziri? What do you think? :D

4. I am selling the daggers for anything between 1-5 exalts I don't really know. It's more than I spent on them when I got them, but I would be more than happy to help someone who tries this build.

5. Herald of Thunder! Good question. The only way I see to squeeze it in the build would be to replace Herald of Ice. And sure, the overall DPS would be higher, but you would lose out on a lot of utility from chilling/freezing/shattering mobs. But in the end it's up to you. That's just my own take on it.

Hope that solves some of your problems guys!
I finally managed to record and upload some footage. Here's a standard Atziri kill. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/2xUJwOn9mS8
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
I finally managed to record and upload some footage. Here's a standard Atziri kill. Enjoy!

Sweet work man! Too bad you got the damn flask (like every damn time. . .)
You play the fight so differently to how I do it tho. I play it like it's the uber fight and dodge EVERYTHYING :D
Not that I've ever done the uber version yet, but I'm gonna try sometime this week.
"
Merris wrote:
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:

Sweet work man! Too bad you got the damn flask (like every damn time. . .)
You play the fight so differently to how I do it tho. I play it like it's the uber fight and dodge EVERYTHYING :D
Not that I've ever done the uber version yet, but I'm gonna try sometime this week.

The entire idea here is to stand and deliver. Spectral throw is not so good at hitting and running, you should shoot continuously for a few second to feel the full DPS potential. Also, if you don't have to dodge anything, you have less opportunities to make mistakes. So overall it's faster and easier!
Another video is up. This time it's the 3 boss fight:

http://youtu.be/fYtUzx626To

Notice how I do not use any pots (almost) and I don't have to dodge anything! Also, how fast and easy it is with proper use of Enduring cry + Immortal Call.
I will include both videos in my guide just to showcase what the build can do. I plan to record a full run as well and try not to kill my computer in the process xD Also, if you would like to see anything else, like map runs or other fights, I will try my best to meet your demands! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info