Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

Update: I just had an idea and it seems it works. The core is:

The reason behind Kaom's Roots is the stun immunity. Coupled with high leech and vaal pact! It's a must even for low life builds. It is even easier to achieve for us.

There are a few drawbacks though: No resistances, sockets or movement speed mod on the boots. Also, we can't evade attacks. MS is not a problem really, whirling blades can get us around. Because of the resistances I had to drop maligaro's though. I got some armor/AS/life/res gloves for cheap:

Because I have 4 sockets less now, I dropped the self cast EC+IC combo. Instead I want to get just enough armor to get me going. Hence the following:

The shield I also got for cheap. Passively I have 3k armor and with the granite flask it jumps to 11k. Rumi's is also a good bonus. Pop it and 50% of attacks are bloked.

I tested this and it works just fine vs atziri. The trio fight is very different without IC, but it still works.

Overall the build might a bit more stable now. I will test it further and let you know.
The Kaom's Roots are a plot twist. Are you sure your character is stronger like that?

I was just passing by to check the skill tree(s) because I just picked up this toon again and turns out it's still spec'ed into disemboweling and I don't remember what did I drop for it. I'll probably get the elemental illuminati triangle, pretty sure I had that at some point.

I'm also trying this thing over my old rare shield:

Downside, price (a gift from Brominus in my case) and "meh" armour. The good stuffs: you actually have more life since a lv20 clarity in it reserves ~180 life (vs ~520 on BM gem) and you also get an extra gem slot since you don't need BM any more. Welcome back VHaste.
@Ark20

Nice to hear from you again! And yes: Prism Guardian is pretty cool. Yours has 37% all res which is insane. AND you get to run lvl 21 clarity ;)

About Kaom's: I am not sure yet. But the char is probably better this way. The DPS is so smooth now :D With Vaal Pact and so much DPS the only issue is not getting one-shotted (or bursted too quick). That literally never happens (outside of superuniques).
Before, I would feel some DPS loss when getting stunned, because obviously you're not shooting => not leeching (as much) => risk of death. Or I would get bursted down by packs of leapers/chargers IF I didn't use my IC on time.

So overall I feel the build is more secure. I just probably need to get a bit beefier :D
that shield does look amazing, imma try buy that!, thanks for sharing
Not gonna lie, last night I got stunlocked by Megaera's firestorm with ruby flask up (and no +dmg mods at all). The Roots didn't seem as crazy in that situation. I didn't expect that to happen with ~4.6k life. That's what you get for jumping on a squishy toon after playing for a couple months on a lameblaster with like 8k eHP. Also yeah, if you can't attack and leech you're done.
@Ark

There are many instances where getting stunned will get you killed. Classic example is actually vs Atziri in split phase. If you get hit by a spear and stop hitting, you don't hit => you don't leech and you don't crit => you don't recharge your pots. It is soooooo much better with stun immunity.

Also vs trio without IC you can get stunned and die from the rain. The damage doesn't kill you, but it's fast and can permastun.

BTW: second try at the Apex was deathless with the new setup. :)
Guys I managed to record some footage of the build in action with Kaom's Roots. Not much has changed:

All of the fights are very sloppy but I still survive. Maybe I can record some better examples soon :D
And a full run for your entertainment :D I did get clipped once though :-(

The death was avoidable but things like these happen...
SFX - very nice bro,
dont u prefer ur assassins mark linked with CoC?, instead of manual casting?
and can u help me figure what should i upgrade next? - this is my current gear

@Erani

I see you've made some very nice progress my friend! Further I think you should look for WED on necklace and belt. And maybe look for a faster dagger. Keep up the good work! :D

And about Assassin's Mark: with curse on hit only mobs that are close to you will be affected. If you fit far and kill fast enough no mobs will ever get in range to be hit by Herald of Thunder. It's obviously still an option, but I've seen it works better for melee builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info