Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

@Taelot

I hear you and you are completely right. But there are solutions don't worry.

First off, these days I also run with the extra 8% less mana reserved next to 'Sovereignty'. Also, I dropped the PC + PC duration for 'Sniper'node. Here's a link to my tree right now:

Now about mana reservation issues. The main question is what you want to do when you have the 2 Purities? Anyway, here is some general advice:

If I try to do the same thing you want to do, run Wrath + Anger + 2 Purities things get a bit tight. I will end up with 36 unreserved mana which is not enough for general purposes. The only possible way I could make this setup work is if I swap LMP for additional accuracy (and this is a resonable setup for Atziri), since Add Acc has no mana multiplier and the mana cost of ST would be 22 (it works I tested it :D). Added Cold can also work but you would need some mana leech on phys dmg and continuously hit (also works for me).

But there are other ways: the obvious way is to invest 3 skill points into reaching 4% extra 'less mana reserved' next to the 'Leadership' node. You also grab 6% aura effect and 10 int along the way, but I don't know if it's worth it (close call).

OR you could run two heralds instead of Anger. The two heralds reserve together 50% mana and provide a similar DPS boost to Anger (which reserves 60% mana). That on top of the added benefits (chill/freeze/explosions + storm calls/option for curses on hit/extra 10% lightning dmg from Quality). I have 60 unreserved mana with the 2 Heralds and that leaves enough room to sustain even LMP (with decent mana regen and some mana leech).

I hope this helps! Good luck out there! ;)
Hey,

thanks for the guide. I played the original elemental buzzsaw and stopped playing poe for a while. Now I started to play again and I'm trying to get your build to work.

So, my current gear:

Spoiler

Currently I try to switch my gear to the crit ele buzzsaw instead of the ele buzzsaw.

But currently I'm at only 7k dps with my spectal throw. So I wonder what I'm missing?
Like, I'm aware my herald gems are still low lvl (around 14) and I'm still using
blood magic with my spectral throw currenty (need to get a blue socket into the chest).
But I feel like I'm super low with my 7k?

Maybe any tips what I urgently need to change?

My current priority nr 1 is to get 3b 1r socket gloves to get the power charge
generator going.

What about my weapon? The guide mentions ambusher, but I couldnt find any good yet, and I feel my current dagger seems quite nice, am I wrong here?

Thanks so much for any advice!
@wftico

Thank you for the appreciation! My char was also a classic ele buzzsaw once, so it's clearly possible to make the transition. But that doesn't mean it is automatic, hence you will have to make some changes. Some fine tweaks as well as improvements of your gear will boost you tremendously. Here are some ideas:

#1. You have a 5L but since you are using blood magic, you effectively have just one DPS booster there (namely Weapon Ele Dmg). If you plan to keep blood magic that is completely fine and your choice entirely. But if you had WED + Faster Attacks + Increased Crit Dmg as support gems (next to ST - LMP - Leech) you would have much higher DPS.

#2. I guess you are already using Assasin's Mark but I imagine the dps you said does not factor in power charges. Again, if you want to stick to self cast curse it is also completely fine (hint: I actually recommend you keep it that way).

#3. About the weapon: it looks nice, but in the end it's not that good. The main reason is that it is pretty slow. Slaughter knives are slower than ambushers generally (1.4 vs 1.6 APS) and also yours has only 10% increased attack speed. Overall 1.54 APS is not good enough. Everything else is great on it: crit is max roll and higher than any ambusher, you have ele dmg and even a juicy crit multi. But at the end of the day the ele dmg and crit multi don't mean much when you don't have the APS. It is kinda sad to see such good rolls not have a good result, but that's the way it is. Alternatively you could try to make it so that you cap your crit and 1-shot most mobs in maps (would be very effective although DPS would be overall lower).

#4. Jewels: let's say your amulet is decent (although typically amulets should have some crit mods on them), but your rings don't help you at all. In principle, if you get diamond rings with WED and accuracy you can get roughly +60% crit, +70% WED and +700 accuracy (let's say). Obviously you don't have to and I don't even have that. But this just shows there is much work to be done here.

#5. Gloves: You should know that the gloves can also boost your DPS. Obviously, you could go for maligaro's because in this patch you can't go wrong with them (in some situations they are more valuable than Acuities if grabbing Vaal Pact is not too much of a stretch). But even if you chose to get some rare gloves, you should aim for some attack speed and/or accuracy bonus.

That's about it concerning the gear. But you should also consider that this build is most efficient at higher levels (80+ to really start kicking into gear). And you haven't said what level you are or anything about your skill tree. There might be some improvement there as well, who knows? So if you want I could have a look at that as well.

In any case, I hope this will help you look for what you need. Good luck out there!
Thanks for your reply.

So, I'm lvl 88 and pretty much got the exact same talent tree as you.
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAACGe9J5M6-egYPEGHtz6Cxwx9EH_Gnv4K2L01krXyqW4qOIMJYENuPQOWOyj7CRmKm7XDOspKb54aj_baFr8Pq1M1VUth4iaVjDZ3B4cTnKQ8LcauA-4zhx2-xPb-VA3NK1Aczj0Pd-V8uySLV-LtIIKb7DgnLxo4kFXAGmae-tIXL4CkJLBCo-FzogAWb-NqBLPAZq3xGF1wUioL8-q1SF3ycNWJ02NDDkh94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwby4RGWcFaQG9vUmhM2PWyMnapirLl8jAvssG1sFkCFffAf

(mentioned in your guide)

And yeah, I'm totally aware that my rings aren't the best. As long as I'm going to use the Lightning Coil Chest I pretty much need the resists on the rings. :(

I just didn't find any good ambushers yet, which would be better than my current dagger.
But I'm going to try to get a decent one in the future. And yes, the APS is pretty low
and makes the gameplay a little less fun, more APS definitly would be great. :)

About the Lightning Coil Chest... is this any good with the build or would you generally
adivce to get a different one? I just feel it's hard to get all the resistants you need
with the chest (given you don't use any resist aura).

But so far the build seems super fun, even though my dps are still very low. The crits
hit pretty hard and the debuffs (frozen, shock ect) are also quite nice!
Definitly going to continue playing it and get some better gear. :)
@wftico

About Lightning Coil: it is definitely viable, as long as it does not cripple you elsewhere. I use self cast enduring cry + immortal call so I will never be an advocate of this armor. But if you want to use a more laid back CWDT setup, then it is perfectly fine.

Many times I see it in tandem with Purity of Lightning because it helps with capping the resist as well as increasing the cap (which further mitigates the damage). But what should you drop for the purity? On 26% reduced mana reserved you could potentially drop a herald for it (78 mana unreserved out of 600 total, using Wrath + Anger + Purity of Lightning + Herald of Lightning). Doesn't sound too bad at all and this way you are almost reflect proof even without Vall pact. It could definitelly work. And it's funny that I mention this last, but lightning spells will hurt even less (doh! :D)

But keep in mind that in the end it is a matter of choice and/or budget. If I would start over again with gearing I would try to get a 6L Belly of the Beast. It would work wonders on my self cast EC+IC setup. But what I have works just fine...

So I suggest you try to use purity and see what it does for you. This way you could get some other mods on your rings. If you don't like it that much just drop it entirely and look for a good +life +resists chest.
Where are you finding space for a whirling blades? I realize they're older videos, is that why? I've got the same setup below.

Spoiler

only lvl 60, so I'm still leveling and don't mind manual cast immortal/enduring, but can't find space to fit in a whirling blades for mobility purposes (i have a shield at 63 that I will be 2r1b'ing for the reduced mana/blood magic/clarity setup).

IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
@Vyvanne

In order to have whirling blades you need to drop something. In my opinion you have two choices:

A. Drop the Curse on hit setup for HoT. This way you gain 2 slots. Instead, you can take out the Vaal Haste and self cast Assassin's Mark (it will be effective enough since it is supported by Faster Castings and Increased Duration, which are typically meant for IC).

B. Drop clarity and use blood magic with ST. There is much to say about this. On one side, you gain all the HP clarity used to reserve (about 500 at high levels), you can reserve much more mana and you don't have to invest in mana regen (in skill points or gear). The downside is that you need to drop either Faster attacks or Increased Critical Damage. But maybe gaining 3 slots tips the scales in favor of BM, if you really want them.

I will post an update to the guide soon, since I am also running Whirling Blades (with the A option). Happy hunting!
Short update: after 35 Apex runs and no 'hope' drop I give up for now. I will see if I have the patience to level up and try again after.

Also about my char progress:

Here is my skill tree at the moment

I am sticking with self cast Assasin's mark since I find it more reliable (and useful in certain situations). I put in whirling blades and I had to drop Vaal Haste (nothing to cry about there really, the mana sustain was a problem anyway).

So the 4L setups are as follows:
Immortal Call -> Increased Duration -> Faster Castings -> Assassin's Mark
Herald of Thunder -> Reduced Mana -> Whirling Blades -> Faster attacks

My DPS at the moment is 31.6 / 38.0 / 43.8 / 54.7* K on LMP (in hideout/with 4 PC/atziri flask on top/Vaal Haste on top just for testing* purposes). DPS could be much higher: if I drop one of the range nodes I could invest in... crit multi even. Also at least one extra power charge I could get for free (but I chose to help Oak on Merciless since 4 endurance charges is also useful).

Gear-wise not much has changed. I recently purchased:

but the result is underwhelming. Not much else has changed.

I still need 1 more level on HoI and some Q on HoT but that's about it. Let me know what you guys think.
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Gear-wise not much has changed. I recently purchased:

but the result is underwhelming. Not much else has changed.

In what regard is the ring underwhelming? It seems to have all the necessary stats, maybe a bit low on life but nice WED + Acc role on Diamond base.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
@candoerfer

Yes I know the ring looks amazing. But it is not as good as I though. Compare

The difference in DPS is around 400 ( 31.8 now vs 31.4 without PC) and that is mainly because I already had high accuracy. The extra mana doesn't hurt and since it has free mods maybe I can squeeze some mana regen in if I can get some resists elsewhere.

Overall it's a step forward, but a very small one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info