Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

I got a quick question but haven't checked the last pages of the thread and couldn't see the answer to this in the original post so I'm sorry if this was made up before.
So from what I've seen is you don't take any proj speed on the tree and don't use the faster projectiles gem. Isn't the range of your ST not really short without any proj speed?
Oh and it looks like the Disemboweling cluster in the tree works for ST as I've just seen in the Uber Atziri kill video from mathil.
Last edited by dEus__ on Jan 17, 2015, 7:10:50 PM
Elreon lvl 8 so close :)

Gonna roll multimod on this dagger very soon.
Need word of advice: roll crit+wed or crit+crit multi?
Currently 89% crit with Power Charges and 20,5k dps with lmp (379 % crit multi).

Btw i pushed my gear to next level and this build works nicely:
Last edited by sultangurde on Jan 20, 2015, 2:19:15 AM
"
dEus__ wrote:
Spoiler
I got a quick question but haven't checked the last pages of the thread and couldn't see the answer to this in the original post so I'm sorry if this was made up before.
So from what I've seen is you don't take any proj speed on the tree and don't use the faster projectiles gem. Isn't the range of your ST not really short without any proj speed?
Oh and it looks like the Disemboweling cluster in the tree works for ST as I've just seen in the Uber Atziri kill video from mathil.

Took me a while to find it, but I did ask him myself the same thing. He opted to drop the +1 power charge and +PC duration nodes on the left side of the tree for the Sniper notable at shadow. I'd agree that without any proj speed range is too short. About the Disemboweling, should be easy to check, if it works the crit chance at the character sheet will go up (tooltip dps would go up aswell). I'm busy with other characters now but this would open new and interesting possibilities.

"
sultangurde wrote:
Spoiler
Elreon lvl 8 so close :)

Gonna roll multimod on this dagger very soon.
Need word of advice: roll crit+wed or crit+crit multi?
Currently 89% crit with Power Charges and 20,5k dps with lmp (379 % crit multi).

Btw i pushed my gear to next level and this build works nicely:

Chance+multi would be beautiful but sadly it's not an option. Elreon's multimod is a suffix itself, that will leave you with a prefix and suffix left to craft. So yeah, definitely WED+crit chance.
Last edited by Ark20 on Jan 20, 2015, 10:04:20 AM
I've been using this build since lvl 1. I am now lvl 79 and I must say that I am weak as fuck. It makes little sense to me. I die with ease, i have very low DPS with LMP (8k? wtf) and with Faster attacks (No LMP) I have 13-15k dps depending on charges. I assume your build differs from mine because I have followed everything exactly and I am way behind. From your vids, your spectral throw is also much longer range, how did you achieve that because it is not in the build at all? It just doesn't make sense. You use haste in your vids but in the guide theres no haste.. Just super confused as to what I should be doing. I only have like 2.9k HP and I cannot atziri yet, I can't even get past double Vaal and I have all the flasks and everything. Frustrating.

Anyway, I need help I do not know where I went wrong. Obviously my gear is not the greatest but you blatantly stated that a white ambusher is atleast 14k dps.. I can't even reach that with lmp.

Please, if you can, message me and help me out. Ill show you all my gear and a tree and if you could tell me where I went wrong I would be so pumped.

TLDR: Character is fucking weak, lvl 79, not sure why (when you said white ambusher is atleast 10-14k dps).
@MattMoon

1. Link your gear with gems.
2. Haste aura was used in 1.2, in 1.3 you use herald of ice, herald of thunder, anger wrath and clarity with blood magic.
3. For atziri you dont need projectiles speed, but for map farming 30% faster projeciles is recommended. You can reach it via:

- skills Sniper+Ballistic mastery or
-

- or faster projectiles gem (6link propably).

4. 2.9k hp is very very low. I got 5.3k and 5k effective with clarity reserved. Belly of the beast makes the difference and loads of mana regen on gear so you dont have to waste reserve that much hp. My gear is few posts to the top. Still not perfect.
A bit pay to win advice but that 90 point golden spectral throw effect makes huuuge difference as you hit things much better.

5. If you die a lot to phisical this means you are not used to use Enduring Cry manually. I had same situation and swapped to Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+Increased Duration along with Cast When Damage Taken.

@Ark20

Still learning. Thx bro :)
Last edited by sultangurde on Jan 21, 2015, 4:20:28 AM
If I was going to drop one of the base auras (Anger, Wrath, HoL, HoI) in order to run Purity of Lightning with a Lightning Coil, which one would be best to drop? I'm assuming anger? How much DPS would this cost me? Would I have enough mana to go for the other -mana reservation nodes and run all 5 auras, and still have enough mana to cast ST?
Too. Much. Clutter.
"
lazerpickle wrote:
If I was going to drop one of the base auras (Anger, Wrath, HoL, HoI) in order to run Purity of Lightning with a Lightning Coil, which one would be best to drop? I'm assuming anger? How much DPS would this cost me? Would I have enough mana to go for the other -mana reservation nodes and run all 5 auras, and still have enough mana to cast ST?

For me dps wise it would be Herald of Ice (256-366 on tooltip), but considering HoI chills and freezes mobs i would pick Anger (399-661 on tooltip). Anger mana reservation for me is 28% and Purity of Lightning in Saffels is 19% so i save few mana reserve nodes too.

Finished my dagger, was quite lucky i had to use only 1 divine:

22k with LMP, 35k single target :)
Last edited by sultangurde on Jan 21, 2015, 4:38:14 PM
Sorry for my absence of late everyone. I am having some computer problems :-/ Anyway, here's a quick reply:

@SultanGurde
I am happy things are looking good for you! Keep up the good work!

@LazerPickle
I would honestly drop one of the heralds and grab some more aura reservation nodes. HoI would hurt your DPS the least I would say. Your choice :)

@MattMoon
As usual, please post your skill tree and gear and we will try to help you out. Some clarifications: the videos are all from 1.2, I pointed that out in the guide. Also, the white ambusher test was also done in 1.2 but still with my other gear (rings, amulet, 6L chest etc.). Don't expect to wear all white gear with a 4L or something and have 15k DPS.

@Deus_
I take the 'Sniper' node from the shadow area. It's not in the guide since at the time I was playing around with HoT casting AM for PC etc.

@Ark
How are you doing mate? :D

As a general idea, I hope you guys understand that my guide is not something written in stone. I tried to cover most requests, but obviously my ideas might not be the best for you. For example: if you want to have increased range on ST take 'Sniper' and 'Ballistic Mastery'. Why not just try it? If you want to use Belly or Coil as main armors try it. Play around with the auras or 'power charge mechanics' yourselves. I don't have all the answers. My own char changes from week to week and recently I've had some trouble and couldn't play. But I will be back soon and I will kill that Uber Atziri b****! So see you around ;)
Hi, I'm trying this build now, but I could not find your bandit options. Can you put it in a prominent area in your guide please? TY in advance!
"
Abdielyj wrote:
Hi, I'm trying this build now, but I could not find your bandit options. Can you put it in a prominent area in your guide please? TY in advance!

Normal - Oak
Cruel - Kraityn
Merciless - Alira

It's in the "my own" spoiler @ skill tree section. I'm sure your feedback will be taken into account though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info