ThereIsAnother's Lightning Tendrils Build - Build of the Week S3E11

hi. I am really wanting to do a self cast spark scion but I have no idea of where to go on the tree. I see in your older post that you have done one. could you please help me/ give me direction on how I should go about it. this is my first scion and I am having much difficulty with it. thank you very much!
Hi, I started playing again and i found this build but 1st post is little outdated for 1.3.0 and after reading whole topic i think you made alot changes. Could you please update 1st post to reflect your ingame character for what are you using now and the whole tree. Thanks alot for and good luck in future.
Also is possible to play it like that on Bloodlines or do i need more survivability and should be tree little different or is it enough to stand and soak all dmg until all is dead. Also have problems with leveling coz build is lacking dmg at normal and at cruel is lacking survivability. Its really hard to lvl up without final build.
Last edited by Derthiel on Jan 16, 2015, 3:38:52 PM
i would love an update on this build
i was doing my own build, kinda similar to this one apparently, i started to have survivability issues around merciless, thats when i found this build.

not sure what i am missing, but with EB (no ES) and not a crazy amount of HP (cloak of defiance should take care of that) i find myself stunned quite a lot, and overall feel kinda squishy.

love to hear ideas for leveling and on overall survivability.
Its the same with me I boosted my dmg with another character which i get to merciless from scratch today (well unexpectedly its shadow archer Puncture/Frenzy Tornado, nobody is playing it :D) and i put some drop on me and have decent dmg even on cruel at start but stil squishy as hell few shots and im dead ( not mentioning on HC)
Also was thinking about to put echo to the vaal storm call with longer duration and endurance.
And change tendrils to arc or something at long range, that melee is risky when squishy.
Last edited by Derthiel on Jan 19, 2015, 6:59:25 AM
Confused with

-Bandits on this character (being a respec) are not ideal (oak/krait/all). Really, you can do anything you like so long as you kill Oak in normal.
I'd suggest
Oak - kill all - Alira

Are you killing or helping Oak in normal? Later you say to make sure you kill him. Above, it appears you are saying to help him.

which?
"
Airtaz wrote:
Confused with

-Bandits on this character (being a respec) are not ideal (oak/krait/all). Really, you can do anything you like so long as you kill Oak in normal.
I'd suggest
Oak - kill all - Alira

Are you killing or helping Oak in normal? Later you say to make sure you kill him. Above, it appears you are saying to help him.

which?

i'm pretty sure he meant to help oak rather than killing him.
and besides, if you just kill oak you are still left with two bandits alive, which aren't specified any more, which i think indicates even more to help oak.

i am currently trying this one in hc standart league (my second serious attempt there, so i am down to zero currency^^) and as feedback i must say - as scion - the first 40~ihs level were a pain, because you just get int, mana regen, a little cast speed, mana regen, and even more int on the tree. i highly recommend which over scion for everyone who does not care what to play to get at least some spell damage notes early on. But after level 40 it really started to roll and kick ass. I am level 61 atm and nearly played through act II merciless - really looking forward to mapping, although i played and will still play it safe this time. and i won't got to piety any time soon with this char xD

for scion skilltree progression i went straight for witch starting area to get some spell damage, cast speed and increased aoe. after that i took every lifenode i could find (which are really in reach at that point). Still stacking life and i am a little bit afraid to skill EB, not sure when to go for it yet.

this is my progression so far, leaving crit behind for the moment:

Not sure when to go for EB though, because i don't feel confident with 2,7k life to let that 1k shield go vanish. I rather picked some mana nodes to maintain AA for the moment.

I think this is a great build, thank you very much for sharing it.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info