ThereIsAnother's Lightning Tendrils Build - Build of the Week S3E11

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the great ideas with this build Madcow1120.

I made my version with a shadow; very streamlined so player merely has to cast lit tendril, tele warp and ice spear everything else is auras and AA. Herald of thunder with curse on hit assasins mark is amazing and saves that little bit of time for a player to keep on attacking.

Darth Sidious

7 power charges total on this build because Sith lords want MOAR power:P

cheers

I agree on the HoT+assa.mark. It's a neat timesaver = faster clearing maps.
Thou i see that your build uses almost no manaregen, wich means that you will not use AA or very low lvls in your version?
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Hi

alfaPOWA
"
Thou i see that your build uses almost no manaregen, wich means that you will not use AA or very low lvls in your version?

Actually AA works fine, been lvling it since I got one. Using reduced mana on clarity, vitality, TS, HOT and no reduced mana on AA, my mana is at 311'ish out of 2k+, once I get my discipline lvled up its more free mana and at the moment I regen at 147'ish a second with my 3 spells(LT,TW,IS) taking about 40-50 mana to cast. Since mana regen is a % as long as I got lots of INT and mana I get huge regen. Bit surprised its actually working out so well thus far.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

I made my version with a shadow; very streamlined so player merely has to cast lit tendril, tele warp and ice spear everything else is auras and AA. Herald of thunder with curse on hit assasins mark is amazing and saves that little bit of time for a player to keep on attacking.

Darth Sidious

cheers

look at my gear, level 20 AA + lvl3 empower. It runs without issue. I have plenty of mana regen to cover it.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Hi

Doesn't seem to hard to use AA and most the time I feel its more wizardy' to tele warp around. I mean when you got the magic why not teleport? So pedestrian to walk:) lol.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Doesn't seem to hard to use AA and most the time I feel its more wizardy' to tele warp around. I mean when you got the magic why not teleport? So pedestrian to walk:) lol.

cheers

I have lightning warp on my weapon switch. Just didn't have room for it on the main. I likely could rearrange some stuff but that would cost chromes and I don't feel like it. If you like, go for it. THe build is a template for you to improve upon as you see fit :)
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Darth Sidious

cheers

Yeah, when HoT came out 2 things sprang to mind. first was the curse on hit. second was the setup of culling strike and blind. Played with both.

I chose the latter because it increased survivability. The former would increase clear speed. Choose your flavor.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
1.3.0 dropped my Tendrils 5 charge dps by 4k.

Increased crit Damage nerf.
Last edited by iamnotspock on Dec 13, 2014, 5:54:04 AM
"
iamnotspock wrote:
1.3.0 dropped my Tendrils 5 charge dps by 4k.

Increased crit Damage nerf.

Yeah, that's going to be rough. I haven't tried to translate this to 1.3 tree yet. There are other builds out there if you need to look at one sooner.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 13, 2014, 11:11:23 AM
Hello!
I just wanted to let you know that i'm currently using your build. I'm a lvl 75 scion playing Torment league.
I cant post my current gear and tree atm but it's quite similar, except to some uniques that i'm still aiming for.
It is really safe and strong, I love that.
One of the most remarkable changes ive made, is that i'm using echoed vaal storm call as a panic button.
Anyway, thanks for the build!
Would you be better off using atziri's acuity over maligaro's if you can afford it? I know you would lose some crit chance but you would gain more survivability which in this game is key.

Heres my tree i did for this build, very similar to yours but I started witch and I went over into the templar area.

Last edited by JayJay_C on Jan 4, 2015, 4:20:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info