[1.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners End-Game Viable Crit Ice-Shot-Puncture Build! [HC/SC Viable]

i will have to give my fair share of review on this build

was it strong --No
was it tanky-- Kinda did a good job on the build there
was it original--Not really
Was it cheap-- Yes and No

the idea of using ice shot to send burn prolif is terrible and this build depend alot on positioning u just cant have that nice little feel of shooting offscreen compared to playing mainstream tornado shot,, the best case scenario is when a mobs were packed together forming a straight line thats when ice shot HOA prolif truly shines other than that it failed to do the job.

was this build even cheap : anything that spells crit is not cheap to chip in it takes way more than 20 chaos to even get started and have an at least decent crit chance base of 35-45 but for some guys 20c-2ex isnt hard to pull off

was it tanky: 168% increased maximum life is tanky but when ur depending on Potion and moving alot there will be times when a guy will just often stand and fire while taking all the hits this will not do at least get some more leech or a life leech gem.

dude the idea on wurms molt to fill up the int and str is terrible the passive tree on ranger has a str and int nodes so go get them it will make gearing even more cheaper and the belt slot can be filled with a real belt
"
mikroscopic wrote:
Hey LNB, wonderful guide! I'm still pretty new to the game and I don't really understand what dictates which property of a skill gem is influenced by quality.

Which gems would higher quality have the greatest benefit on this build? Thank you!

Look up the skill gems on pathofexile.gamepedia.com. It will tell you what each % quality increase gives at the top right of the page with gem information.
We'll see what happens once I start hitting maps hard but the build thus far feels good. Every time I upgrade my wep just a wee bit I get a big burst in damage. Having most or all of the correct gems helps a lot, though. Without Prolif/Ash or CWDT/Cry you might feel a bit too slow or weak in Merc. Resistances are so huge (obviously), not sure if you can run away with this build without them. With them? I don't feel too scared of anything (fingers crossed for maps+).

I haven't touched quality gems yet, I've not gotten all my gear set up so that I can use all gems, my res isn't even close perfect - not even 50%, my quiver sucks, almost all of my gear sucks and is only being used for gem links. The only thing I've purchased is my 5L bow which I haven't even rolled yet. Going from 4L greens to 5L GGGRB for the build helped so damn much.

Ash and Ice shot is just insane. Clear mobs like nothing and my damage isn't great. Can't wait for Vaal Haste, can't wait to step into actual gear and rip apart everything I see.

Don't understand the hate or criticisms at all. It's not meant to be the hugest dps or fastest clearer, it's a different build. Works great, feels great, fun as hell to play. If you're complaining about kiting then you should swap to some cyclone build and afk everything in mass exalt gear. This cost me absolutely nothin' (well, 4 chaos), and I'm having fun.
Last edited by Trollenstein on Jan 1, 2015, 12:27:45 PM
I ran this build up to 80 on bloodlines. if you run with a party it's crazy weak. the build 100% relies upon herald of ashe. it gets boring pretty quickly. i had a chinsol and it was still meh.
Last edited by xinshot on Jan 1, 2015, 2:42:24 PM
What did the Ice shot/Prolif Ash ranger say when they got their 6L bow?

Everything just melts
"
Hectrix wrote:
i will have to give my fair share of review on this build

was it strong --No
was it tanky-- Kinda did a good job on the build there
was it original--Not really
Was it cheap-- Yes and No

the idea of using ice shot to send burn prolif is terrible and this build depend alot on positioning u just cant have that nice little feel of shooting offscreen compared to playing mainstream tornado shot,, the best case scenario is when a mobs were packed together forming a straight line thats when ice shot HOA prolif truly shines other than that it failed to do the job.

was this build even cheap : anything that spells crit is not cheap to chip in it takes way more than 20 chaos to even get started and have an at least decent crit chance base of 35-45 but for some guys 20c-2ex isnt hard to pull off

was it tanky: 168% increased maximum life is tanky but when ur depending on Potion and moving alot there will be times when a guy will just often stand and fire while taking all the hits this will not do at least get some more leech or a life leech gem.

dude the idea on wurms molt to fill up the int and str is terrible the passive tree on ranger has a str and int nodes so go get them it will make gearing even more cheaper and the belt slot can be filled with a real belt

I am sorry you didn't like the build.

I obviously disagree with your comments as I have been able to clear 75+ maps with ease with this build. Maybe your expectations were to high or maybe you did it wrong. Either way, best of luck with your next build.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Trollenstein wrote:
We'll see what happens once I start hitting maps hard but the build thus far feels good. Every time I upgrade my wep just a wee bit I get a big burst in damage. Having most or all of the correct gems helps a lot, though. Without Prolif/Ash or CWDT/Cry you might feel a bit too slow or weak in Merc. Resistances are so huge (obviously), not sure if you can run away with this build without them. With them? I don't feel too scared of anything (fingers crossed for maps+).

I haven't touched quality gems yet, I've not gotten all my gear set up so that I can use all gems, my res isn't even close perfect - not even 50%, my quiver sucks, almost all of my gear sucks and is only being used for gem links. The only thing I've purchased is my 5L bow which I haven't even rolled yet. Going from 4L greens to 5L GGGRB for the build helped so damn much.

Ash and Ice shot is just insane. Clear mobs like nothing and my damage isn't great. Can't wait for Vaal Haste, can't wait to step into actual gear and rip apart everything I see.

Don't understand the hate or criticisms at all. It's not meant to be the hugest dps or fastest clearer, it's a different build. Works great, feels great, fun as hell to play. If you're complaining about kiting then you should swap to some cyclone build and afk everything in mass exalt gear. This cost me absolutely nothin' (well, 4 chaos), and I'm having fun.

I appreciate the feedback mate. Thank you :)

Ash + prolif definitely makes a big difference.

People sometimes have trouble understanding that every build does not necessarily have to be a "3 minute map" clearing build, and that sometimes results in whining. I am glad you do though mate.

Gl in maps :)
Hey LNB, this build is really great and the most important, it's FUN to play with, thanks for this guide/build.

When are you going to update the uniques section? I really want to get the most of this build for end game and knowing with uniques are good for this is really important. I'm using Infractem atm for example but I've already saw that it's not so good for this build because of the "can't leech" mod.

Thanks again for this guide, cya!
"
Trollenstein wrote:

Wow ok its nice that the build worked out for u. Now im not sure if that post is for me but i certainly am not complaining about having to kite all around in order to start melting them im rather pointing out on what could be changed for the build to perform better,, u shouldnt really start dictating about what build i should play . Its not even a complaint its what i experienced so far as playing the build is concerned.

I took the time with this build and even took time to write down what i think and what could be better for this build
...@op Disagree all u want i understand but if u start to deem every opinion invalid then its not the best possible approach cuz u might just missed out on things that u could add to ur own creation

Okay bros we cool now? Peace out

Last edited by Hectrix on Jan 4, 2015, 9:14:22 AM
Hectrix I never deemed your opinion invalid. I just said I disagree with you. That is not the same :)

Yes we are cool! ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info