character creation

i cant imagine skipping a helm and the bonus you get from wearing one simply from looks. being said i like games that allow you to turn the graphics off and it seems i am not alone. in games that allow no head graphic i find 8/10 with it shut off
Just my 2 cents:

Hair color, skin color, face... and things like that are always welcome, but I think they are not necessary and I prefer the developers use their resources to create monsters and other things.

I also think that the male/female option would be a great add. This is a feature you can see well, it is not like hair color. I hope the developers think about that and bring to us this option in future patches or even microtransactions. It would be welcome.
IGN: Gonorreitor
I agree with bits and pieces of what some of you have said.

I believe that form adds visual appeasement for the player and that it is important. But remember, that visual pleasure will be temporary if the substance isn't...well...substantial.

I personally believe in function over form...however, if possible, some beautification will definitely draw more players.
for me games are about: gameplay,controls,
content,and actual character growth
*skills,gear building,crafting,loot runs*

i am a substance over surface style player.i disable as much useless graphic jazz as i can in games.

i also do not care what my covered up base skeleton avatar looks like,especially when its all going to be --covered up-- eventually.i could be running around with hello kitty underneath my demon armor and it wouldnt matter.

but for ppl that do care:they could make gear graphic alteration scrolls/potions that make head/arm gear look like heads and arms.

there is plenty of t&a out in the real world we dont need it in games.
For a game like this I believe customization options are trivial. Maybe a hairstyle and the ability to choose male or female and thats it.

"
Archfiend wrote:
For a game like this I believe customization options are trivial. Maybe a hairstyle and the ability to choose male or female and thats it.

Hi, for me it's the other way arround; i think that for a RPG game the customization is very important and a basic aspect at the time of distingish your character from others of the same class; i wont want that everyone had the same shape, in my opinion it wont be good. "In the variation it's the taste", that's an spanish proberb that's as true as the death, and i stand for that. Let's C ya
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.
"
Wipman wrote:
"
Archfiend wrote:

Hi, for me it's the other way arround; i think that for a RPG game the customization is very important and a basic aspect at the time of distingish your character from others of the same class; i wont want that everyone had the same shape, in my opinion it wont be good. "In the variation it's the taste", that's an spanish proberb that's as true as the death, and i stand for that. Let's C ya

There's about as much roleplaying in an ARPG as there is in a FPS.
"
Wipman wrote:
"
Archfiend wrote:

Even just increasing the classes from male or female to both involves doubling the number of animations on everything... so imagine that your choices are one class with six variations, three classes with two variations, or six classes for a game straight out of the woodwork... maybe more will come later, maybe you can pay to make them alter your marauder to a butch amazon woman, or your ranger to a skinny white man... but I'd rather see the game come out on time with its variations in classes than worry about the fact that all marauders look identical except when they use gear, when gear is going to be the important aspect of characters
"
senescal wrote:

Too generalized a term "FPS" IMO. Halo is an FPS with no customization. On the other hand Oblivion is an FPSRPG which allows total customization of your character's features. I don't see what the problem is if people would like the developers to include more customization of their RPG. If they have time, go for it. If not, maybe later or microtrans.
The path of exile holds him, not at all twisted gold, a frozen spirit, not the bounty of the earth.
"
skunkmunkee wrote:
"
senescal wrote:

Too generalized a term "FPS" IMO. Halo is an FPS with no customization. On the other hand Oblivion is an FPSRPG which allows total customization of your character's features. I don't see what the problem is if people would like the developers to include more customization of their RPG. If they have time, go for it. If not, maybe later or microtrans.

Oblivion is a RPG which happens to use a first person camera. It doesn't make it a FPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info