character creation

Oblivion is a RPG through and through. The first person perspective is completely optional. I still remember dumping 200+ hours into a single character good times.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
FPS, First Person Shooter. Qualifications: First Person, Shooter. Last time I checked Oblivion was first person or first person over the shoulder view. Oblivion uses some weapons and magic that can qualify it as shooter, not to mention that most FPS also use melee of some form. So, by going by the terms used in the acronym FPS, I'd have to say that Oblivion is an FPSRPG.
The path of exile holds him, not at all twisted gold, a frozen spirit, not the bounty of the earth.
Ok, well good luck go up to anyone and ask if they have played Oblivion the FPSRPG your going to get looked at. Plus shooter is pretty much talking about firearms not bows or ranged weapon.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
oblivion is pretty far from a FPS game. by that logic grand theft auto is also a FPS game or world of warcraft
what does Borderlands classify as then? i think of that as a FPSRPG game.

i think we need good definitions for FPS and RPG (not just their acronyms). This way, we really nail down what we want each of them to mean.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
well borderlands is a fpsrpg game just like planetside is a fpsmmo game. games can cross but there is usually a main that stands out, with borderlands its the fps part
"
kungfooe wrote:
what does Borderlands classify as then? i think of that as a FPSRPG game.

i think we need good definitions for FPS and RPG (not just their acronyms). This way, we really nail down what we want each of them to mean.

FPS with some character development. Not unlike Deus Ex.
I had to check on the title of this thread to remember what it was about. I think that the whole two genders for every class would be a good addition, but still quite a bit of work for the developers. I don't think there should be too many customization options if you're just going to be covered in armor from head to toe, but a few options wouldn't hurt. All this could be added later, though, when a lot of people are into it.
Please forgive the following comment for being potentially noobish. But I used to play a certain mmorpg where you had an option to check/uncheck a piece of armor to make it appear or not appear on your character, but it was still epuipped. Couldn't that sort of thing be implemented in this game? I think it would certainly make the character customization a little more relevant. Just a thought.
Last edited by PerfectDork on Jul 12, 2012, 1:13:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info