[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Hello here is my Dual Dagger version with it and my passive tree.The tooltip dps is almost same with Wraithe_Au as we had talk in game but with doryani u do little bit more ele dmg but not big difference!
My gear:

DMG TOOLTIPS:
in town: 276.297
hatred+hoa: 373.724
hatred+hoa+3frenzy+3pc: 455.888
hatred+hoa+3frenzy+3pc+Atziri flask: 542.010
>> +onslaught + vaal haste: 699.278

NOTE: that atm i have only 102 passive nodes and im lvl 83 at lvl 92 i will have more dmg if i choose the Duality node or the Studious Combatant.And i u dont have resistance issues like me u can remove the 2 +18% res nodes below scion and use them elsewhere.

My passive for 111points
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYFtQceDkgRlhUgFewV9ha_GbQj9iT9JpUqCypNLOEs6TBxMHw1kjY9OJY6QjrhPydHBkd-SVFKfUrIS3hNkk3jUUdVS1b1Vvpbr2BBYeJieWKsY3BlTWegbIxtbG6qcFJwVnLDd9d9438rgOGE2Yd2iq-MNo19jb-OipARkBuVLpfQmSuaE5stnaqmV6Z_pzSrC6xmsbO1SLXytxe5Hbk-vTa9gb6nwJzKkMrTzAbUI9aK2HbYvdtu29TdDd2o4l7jhOOf51TndOjW7UHw1fJF8-r2_PzF_gr-j__e

1. *For 114points u can either take Duality either Studious Combatant or even more life for 115points to get Profane Chemistry
2. *If u got res issues u can choose Weathered Hunter for 14% all res and 36% accu (wraithe_au tip) OR depth perception that gives 40% crit 32%accu
3. Im lucky with my chest colors and only with 2 gems cyclone+conc. effect i can change my build for the "Cyclonus" Crit Cyclone Duelist and i wont have mana issues because of acuity
4. Some times i swap dual strike with flicker if im lazy to clear maps faster but for bosses like atziri the dual strike is OP
IGN: WL_ShadowofGoD
Last edited by WarLover on Jan 7, 2015, 11:27:41 AM
Very nice mate,

The tree posted is takes Addler's Touch and several dagger specific nodes, so even without acuity and the mirrored dagger, the Bino's regen will still be in effect.

The combination of acuity and bino regen makes both life and mana infinite.

Looking forward to seeing everything come together.

btw - that lightning coil is perfect for so many builds its not funny.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Maybe this is a dumb question, if you take RT node then why still take crit node?
We don't take RT, except maybe for levelling. It gets respecced as soon as you get crit gear.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I gave up on cursing methods w/o HoT, they were either not as effective or slowing me down.

Finally made my (1st) 6L:

Took me 1315 fuse, could have been worse I guess.

Damage Stats: 171K DPS unbuffed with Hatred + HoT + HoA.
241K Buffed, 289K with Atziri's Promise.
MS(18/20), Melee Phy(18/20) and PtL(15/20) gems are still lvling, so should see a slight increase in the near future.
Last edited by TheFox7 on Jan 9, 2015, 3:32:12 AM
UPDATED WITH SCION TREE*****
Hello here is my Dual Dagger version with it and my passive tree.The tooltip dps is almost same with Wraithe_Au as we had talk in game but with doryani u do little bit more ele dmg but not big difference!
My gear:

DMG TOOLTIPS:
in town: 276.297
hatred+hoa: 373.724
hatred+hoa+3frenzy+3pc: 455.888
hatred+hoa+3frenzy+3pc+Atziri flask: 542.010
>> +onslaught + vaal haste: 699.278

NOTE: that atm i have only 102 passive nodes and im lvl 83 at lvl 92 i will have more dmg if i choose the Duality node or the Studious Combatant.And i u dont have resistance issues like me u can remove the 2 +18% res nodes below scion and use them elsewhere.

My passive for 111points
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYFtQceDkgRlhUgFewV9ha_GbQj9iT9JpUqCypNLOEs6TBxMHw1kjY9OJY6QjrhPydHBkd-SVFKfUrIS3hNkk3jUUdVS1b1Vvpbr2BBYeJieWKsY3BlTWegbIxtbG6qcFJwVnLDd9d9438rgOGE2Yd2iq-MNo19jb-OipARkBuVLpfQmSuaE5stnaqmV6Z_pzSrC6xmsbO1SLXytxe5Hbk-vTa9gb6nwJzKkMrTzAbUI9aK2HbYvdtu29TdDd2o4l7jhOOf51TndOjW7UHw1fJF8-r2_PzF_gr-j__e

1. *For 114points u can either take Duality either Studious Combatant or even more life for 115points to get Profane Chemistry
2. *If u got res issues u can choose Weathered Hunter for 14% all res and 36% accu (wraithe_au tip) OR depth perception that gives 40% crit 32%accu
3. Im lucky with my chest colors and only with 2 gems cyclone+conc. effect i can change my build for the "Cyclonus" Crit Cyclone Duelist and i wont have mana issues because of acuity
4. Some times i swap dual strike with flicker if im lazy to clear maps faster but for bosses like atziri the dual strike is OP

Scion tree 115points
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAAYFtQceDkgRlhSOFSAV9ha_Fz4ZtCP2JP0mlSoLKk0s4SzpMHEwfDGeNZI2PTiWOkI64T8nRwZHfklRSn1KyEt4TZJN41FHVUtW9Vb6W69gQWHiYnlirGNwZU1ngGegbIxtbG20bqpwUnBWd9d9438rgOGC5ITZh3aJ04qvjAuMNo19jb-OipARkBuVLpfQmhOdqqZXpn-nNKgHrGaxs7VItfK3F7k-uXy9Nr6nvrzAdsCcytPUI9aK2HbYvdtu29TdDd2o4l7jhOOf51TndOjW7LDtQfDV8kXz6vb8_MX-Cv6P_94=

Scion tree 115points alternative for 1 hand+shield *****
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YFfQW1Bx4OSBGWFr8hAyLqI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDGeNZI2PTiWOkI64TsoRwZJUUp9SshLV0t4S8RNkk3jUUdVS1b1VvpgQ2HiYqxl8WegbIxtbG49bqpvnnBScFZ3B3fXfeN_K4DhguSDCYcTh3aJ04qvjAuMNo19jb-OipARkBuVLpfQmhObtZyknaqmV6Z_pzSsZrGztUi18rcXuT65fL68wJzA48M6ykrQCdQj1orYdti9227b1N2o4l7jhOOf51TndOjW6f7ssO1B8NXxs_JF8-r2_PzF_gr-j__e

Differences between Scion and Duelist are minor if u gonna grab the +18% res nodes below the scion then is almost identical if u dont gonna grab them then duelist is prefared.
BUT! I personally prefare the Alternative tree because the stats are almost identical with slight differences (scion have move accuracy but less phys dmg than duelist) but with almost same dmg tooltip and the most important u can swap anytime u want to 1 hand+ shield without losing the dualwield nodes so in my point of view that is a huge + u wont need to spend regrets to remove dualwield passives if u gonna change your mind and go for 1 hand some time.
IGN: WL_ShadowofGoD
"
TheFox7 wrote:
I gave up on cursing methods w/o HoT, they were either not as effective or slowing me down.

Finally made my (1st) 6L:

Took me 1315 fuse, could have been worse I guess.

Damage Stats: 171K DPS unbuffed with Hatred + HoT + HoA.
241K Buffed, 289K with Atziri's Promise.
MS(18/20), Melee Phy(18/20) and PtL(15/20) gems are still lvling, so should see a slight increase in the near future.

Awesome! Wish I could have been there when you got it.

Nice deeps boost you got there. Anyway, you still got off cheaper than vorici or if you had bought one already 6led ;)
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Hi guys,

I'm follow this build for my Shadow in Torment and he was capable to kill Atziri with only 54K of DPS and with a 5 link.
This build is great but, i'm here not for my shadow, but for show my Duelist in standard league.

My duelist was born with the "Molten Diarrhea" build, was refined with "Lightsabr's Jedi Strike" and now, i'm meltin it with your Vulcan Dual Strike.

This is my equip:

Spoiler

and here my tree:

This is my DPS tooltip:

Spoiler

And here my offensive/defensive tab:

Spoiler

I'm now using Dual Strike like you explain, and i'm using HoT for Curse because i think is the better way to gather Power Charge.
Now I want to buy one Daresso Defiance like i have do for my Shadow in Torment. When i'll get a 6 linked one, i will link IC with Leap Sleam, i'm doing this with shadow with very good results.
I also need to replace one ring, but first i want see if i can cap res without it.

I will really appreciate any advice for improve it.

TY
(and sorry for my bad english)
Last edited by Tiagorn on Jan 10, 2015, 12:05:58 PM
Incredible variant Tiagorn!

Your build showcases how powerful the Catalyst really is:

Your main hand does 6081 avg dmg.
physical damage is 524 avg.

So you do 8.6% phys/91.4% ele damage.

physical reflect is completely ignored and resistance flasks can easily cover ele reflect.

The burn damage is TRIPLED! So by focusing on killing one enemy you can easily destroy an entire room almost instantly.

Tip: One way i deal with reflect is to kill a mob near the reflect rare and lure the rare into the burn. Burn is not reflected.

Tip: If you wish to get some nodes and mana reservation back, Leap Slam is actually very good at curse delivery. LS - CoH - AM - FA(or AoE). You leap into the middle of the pack instantly cursing everything around.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
Incredible variant Tiagorn!

Your build showcases how powerful the Catalyst really is:

Your main hand does 6081 avg dmg.
physical damage is 524 avg.

So you do 8.6% phys/91.4% ele damage.

physical reflect is completely ignored and resistance flasks can easily cover ele reflect.

The burn damage is TRIPLED! So by focusing on killing one enemy you can easily destroy an entire room almost instantly.

Tip: One way i deal with reflect is to kill a mob near the reflect rare and lure the rare into the burn. Burn is not reflected.

Tip: If you wish to get some nodes and mana reservation back, Leap Slam is actually very good at curse delivery. LS - CoH - AM - FA(or AoE). You leap into the middle of the pack instantly cursing everything around.

WOW!

I'm very happy for the fact you like my build! You are one of my master! :P

Well, elemental reflect kill me only if i don't see it, usually i use, like you said, the burn damage for kill these mob.

You are right about LS for the curse delivery, but i have one question about this, if i jump inside the mob pack and i kill theme all because i crit, and this thing happens very often, i will curse them before they die or not?

About the mana reservation nodes my problem is that, Dual Strike ask a lot of mana and without these reservation nodes i will go very low with available mana. If i miss an hit then i'm without mana for the next strike. Maybe i can try to take the Charisma nodes in the shadow sector, but they cost 6 points from my actual route, so i don't see any convenience in doing this.
Maybe i'll solve this problem if i get acuity :P

EDIT: Maybe i can try the "Unrelenting" Life/mana cost nodes, so i can remove "Sovereignity" and "Purity of Flesh" nodes, i will get same life and 5 points to spend on other dps nodes.

EDIT 2: Tried that i say in the first edit... Fail :P ... With reserved mana i have 118 mana point for dual strike, without i go down to 56 and with "unrelenting" Dual Strike cost 40 instead of 49, always too much.

EDIT 3: Removed HoT for auto-curse, now i use Leap Slam for it, not the same power charge return but doing this i can change my tree and now i hit 244K (w/o Power Charge) and i have gain 150 life.

Last edited by Tiagorn on Jan 11, 2015, 5:26:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info