[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Hey! Just popping by saying great job with the tree's guys. I've finally managed to save up for my First 6-Link (Daresso's) and am just saving up for my Bino's and better rings/amulet.

Love this build and i have to say, it's nice switching to dual strike to mix things up. I love molten strike but getting to change skills is always fun for me.
New update for my gear (i follow Bino's Kitchen Knife + Snakebite gloves version) :

Explanation

- i gain mobility with "lightning warp" + "reduced duration" (with 0.70 cast time)
- "whirling Blades" is slow with Bino's Kitchen Knife because only 1.40 aps
- for mana problem i use more "mana leech" and "mana regeneration" on one ring
- again with "Ondar's Guile" + "Acrobatics" + "Phase Acrobatics"
- Atziri viable (fast and safe)
- Uber Atziri? Idk and no tested...

Bandits

- Eramir in normal > +1 pt
- Oak in cruel > +18% inc phy dmg
- Alira in merciless > +1 power charge

Gear

Exile!
Last edited by LightMyChemin on Dec 19, 2014, 11:51:18 AM
Hey Gaghish,

Does Rumi's Conc Block effect get cut in half due to Dodge drawback?
"
junaum wrote:
Does Rumi's Conc Block effect get cut in half due to Dodge drawback?

Hi.

Yes. Block effect with "Rumi's Conc flask" is cut due to Acrobatic keystone (30% less block chance). I confirm because i have tried with and without this keystone for a little test.

Damn GGG nerf block mecanic with dodge... My bad.
Exile!
@Gaghish

Thanks for the update! I've updated your stats into the community builds list.
I like your lightning warp suggestion, it would be especially good in shrine where you need to leap over cages a lot.
Hypnotic Nail is just beautiful.

Update to my own build:

Spoiler

- upgraded to new almost perfect bino's with max 10.2% crit. About 5k dps difference from the 9.99%
- linked Vaal Grace to Increased Duration for an uptime of 10.44 seconds, the clear speed is fast enough that i can maintain almost constant 75% dodge and 66% spell dodge. OP!
- new evasion boots with Whirling Blades replacing Vengeance in the Flicker-CoC-IC combo, so my movement skill also procs IC.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Not finished with gathering gear yet, still missing the amulet and 1 ring, but I didn't want to wait any longer so I'm using 2 filler items I found in my stash.

Gear

Since I don't have int or mana leech, I had to get a +30 node, as well as taking the Mind Drinker notable, which is 4 passive nodes that could be saved with better gear. With my passive tree looking like this I would have 10 passive points to spend with those 4 extra points, as I haven't taken the 4 life regen nodes. I wanted to see if it's manageable to run Blood Rage without it, and so far it hasn't given much trouble.
I did, however, have some issues with both of the 78 bosses. Dominus is really scary for a melee with no block and just 75/75/75 res. Not sure if you can facetank the lightning stream with a topaz flask + Acuity, but you definitely can't with Bino's and Snakebite. Courtyard boss is just very prone to desynching and they're annoying to fight with this build, but maybe that's just me not being used to melee.

Gems in the 6-link are still leveling, so I'm only at 200k dps with charges atm. As mentioned, the amulet and diamond ring are just fillers, but it's proven to be quite difficult to find the right items for those last 2 slots. I did buy this earlier today though since it was only 145ex:

Which means I can mirror one of the many crafted rings on the market. Just need to find the right one.

Can only think of 1 question at this time, but I'll probably think of something else later on:

Why not get Oak for the first bandit mission? I thought it was must-have for all life builds as +40 base hp is quite a lot.
@Exiled_Wanderer

Very nice gear and thanks for trying the build, and showing the Shadow start. A shadow must look really interesting with an Abyssus, Daresso and dagger and a sceptre. No doubt people are scratching their heads.

Dominus is scary for even legacy koam wearers.

I used to be able to face tank his lightning stream with a mirrored dagger and acuity, but i was using molten strike (LOTS of hits and lots of life leech), DS has less hits/second so i think it would be mopre prone to death. With Bino, i usually use WB around a lot and choose moments to strike. I actually haven't tried Dominus since patch.

Grats on finding such a cheap mirror! My opinion is that good rings are quite common but GG legacy crit amulets are always worth mirroring. But my question is, why not a mirrored weapon? You could mirror Foe Bite for 100ex and then sell it for 280ex and a tidy profit.

I read somewhere that at the endgame, Oak +40hp equates to a 5% life node. I judged it to be excellent to level with but for respeccing players 80+ who want to try this build, the extra node is more useful.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 20, 2014, 5:39:30 AM
interesting stuff ! dual strike seems OP.

you mentioned going dualstrike with phys to lightning to be able to handle phys reflect; but, uhm, ... what about ele reflect then ?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
interesting stuff ! dual strike seems OP.

you mentioned going dualstrike with phys to lightning to be able to handle phys reflect; but, uhm, ... what about ele reflect then ?

Ele reflect can be managed with a flask. Drinking a topaz flask deals with lightning reflection (the highest amount of ele damage) by cancelling 85% of the damage.

Even without a flask, 75% is enough to allow you time to react and drink a flask if you accidentally hit an ele reflect mob.

Physical reflect was a massive pain before the P2L gem. Even with 10k armour, the best you can mitigate is about 50%. Accidentally one-shotting yourself was a common occurrence. Now, we're able to do physical reflect maps and ele reflect maps (with a purity).

P2L not only makes DS viable, but also all the other physical skills prone to reflect like flicker and cyclone. I am surprised the crit flicker crowd haven't started dropping the gimped crit damage gem for this.
Hey wraithe, why did you take the leveling trees down? I'm working on this build and it's been really fun so far. I'm just horrible at feeling out what I need to work on first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info