[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

"
junaum wrote:

I've being theorycrafting it myself as well.

I love your tree.

There's actually a bug in the poeskilltree app, it doesn't calculate the disembowelling cluster in the marauder sector at all. There's 135% crit chance and 15% multi unaccounted for in my tree, so the actually dps is actually higher than indicated. I've contacted Emmitt about it and he has confirmed the bug and will fix it in the next update.

But you're absolutely right, i was too focused on the marauder side to realise that its a lost cause.

Here are your stats using the same equipment as above:

One of the main goals when i was theorycrafting was to get at least 3.5% life regen to counteract blood rage.

I could survive with 2%, but with my current equipment (-25% total chaos res), i'd lose 116 life/sec. A bit dangerous when my health is running low.

I've modified your version slightly to achieve 3.8%, +200 life, but down 4.5k dps

CLICK

Keep theorycrafting and we'll eventually come up with the perfect build.

PS. Dual strike with grace and daresso/IC sounds great, as is adding cdwt-IC. I think i'll test that combo soon, thanks.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 5, 2014, 9:15:18 AM
Interesting.

Hey, we also have Shaper keystone 2 points away (1% life regen, 40% mana regen). There are 1.2% more regen nodes close to it as well.

I'm currently reviewing all our data. Trying to replace some attack speed nodes for physical dmg (while trying to avoid those melee ones) ones. That way, our final blow (the HoA one) get to hurt more.

And considering disemboweling is not working, we might have to rethink all those phys damage nodes and get back to marauder (at least for that). It would end up like this.

But damn, I wish we could be already testing this shit in-game =) Dropping Finesse and Heart of Oak breaks my heart.

* Also if you add the "Daresso, DS, Grace, CoC+IC, CwDT+IC, CoH+Enfeeble" to the op, please call it "Not Today!" edition lol. Because that's the only thing we say to Reflect lol. .
Last edited by junaum on Dec 5, 2014, 5:37:53 PM
You're right about attack speed nodes, I need to drop some for physical damage. Funnily enough, the very first duelist node with 14% physical, doesn't get calculated. I'll let Emmitt know.
"
fiqst wrote:
You're right about attack speed nodes, I need to drop some for physical damage. Funnily enough, the very first duelist node with 14% physical, doesn't get calculated. I'll let Emmitt know.

If you change from duelist to shadow you will change from 18% atk speed to 12% attack speed, 27% physical damage and 12 life.
IGN - Peonsius
my characters/739743 - standard shop/511367
This is the tree almost finalised, after the latest tree changes:

110 points

160% life
180% armour/eva
3.8% life regen

420% crit chance
38% multi

106% accuracy

244% phys damage

105% attack speed

I am considering the new Bloodletting cluster in the SE as a possible variant.

The disembowelling cluster dps bug hasn't been fixed in the latest poeskilltree app so testing of those nodes will have to be done with regrets most likely.
Yeah, sounds like we'll have to regret orb our way into the changes =)

Base on what we've being discussing, I believe the Disembowelling version would end up like this tree.

As far as I could see, it will be mostly about a trade between critical chance x attack speed.

I might also give my Ranger character a try with this approach, but still, Duelist seems to do a lot better on the Physical dmg area.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 9, 2014, 8:47:52 AM
Hi fiqst,
Just wanted to say this build looks massive and super fun.
I am leveling a new duelist for this build and so far its a lot of fun with Crit, Hatred + HoA.
I can't wait to get to Bino's + Snakebite, should be amazing.

Most importantly, looks like this build will survive the 1.3 changes as it absolutely killed my other build (1h weapon + Aegis shield, based on block chance which is RIP).

btw, I am currently using "The Blood Dance" unique shoes:

It is working very nicely in generating frenzy charges, so I am wondering if you think this can be used in the finale form of this build ?

Other than that, for chest armor, do you suggest to go with Daresso's, Lightning Coil or Belly of the beast ?
I am leaning towards Daresso's and rely on Immortal Coil for defense.

Again, respect for this creative and fun build :)
Thanks mate,

This build will survive 1.3 easily but it's hard to tell if there's a dps loss. According to PoESkillTree, we'll actually gain dps. We'll find out soon.

Blood dance boots are fine but for Merciless you'll find that you'll have trouble maxing your resists. You already lose resists in the helm, chest and gloves.
I've never tried BD shoes so I don't know how fast the frenzy generation is but I use a flicker almost every second attack do I'll assume that they wouldn't keep up with my play style.

The loss of block means that IC may be the best defence available at the moment. Daresso and CoC-IC suits my fast paced play style well because I don't like to stop to manually cast echo-EC and IC or rely on CwDT.
Any chest can be used really as long your method of IC is sound.

I hope the patch works out well for us.

On a side note, the new Static Strikes looks very promising and I'll definitely be testing it out. Whether it suits this build and can be added as an alternative attack, or a brand new build (and guide) is required, we'll find out.
Big changes to the critical damage gem:

1.2= 149% (20/20)
1.3= 79% (20/20)

This creates a huge dip in pretty every crit build (except CoC)
The good news is that increased crit strikes has been buffed:

1.2= 125% (20/20)
1.3= 167% (20/20)

It may be the replacement.

The fact is, this build will drop in dps from 1.2 values. But we are by no means dead. What will happen is it will perhaps add another minute to our clear speed.

I am increasingly intrigued with the new static strikes gem. I believe it would be phenomenal to this build.

I am counting on the possibility that concentrated effect will work with SS, as a replacement to the nerfed crit damage gem.

I just went over the 1.3 patch notes.
Block is even more nerfed than we thought, they even nerfed the items like BoR and WoE and shields have had their block chance reduced.

Lightning Coil has also been nerfed a bit:
"
Lightning Coil: Damage conversion has been reduced from 40% to 30%.

which only makes me lean more towards Daresso chest.

The crit damage suffers indeed, but since we are not based on chance the buff to crit chance doesn't help a lot.
Even if the dps would remain the same, the max single target dmg (peak damage) is lowered and in general you get a more even DPS across various attacks.

Is there an official finale tree now (accessible of course) ?
Last edited by TheFox7 on Dec 12, 2014, 5:13:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info