Marauder Fanart

"
Weslie wrote:
"
Okanitu wrote:
So, this IS awesome...

But why is he white, and without face tatoos?

looks more like a cleric / crusader than any Marauder you'd see in game. Not at all barbaric.

Yeah, the detail and realism of the art is absolutely fantastic, but besides wearing Kaom's Heart I don't see any resemblance to the actual Marauder.

Agreed. This is not a Marauder, but a shaved Templar wearing Kaom's.

The quality is good, though..
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
Simon_GGG - thanks man! yes this is Marmoset renders but to be honest I think I will render it with 3dsmax for final renders, (and hopefully I will be able to make simple mimics for him).

Okanitu - thank you, this is actually still work in progress and textures are definitely not final :D and tatoos are grate idia! thanskthansk!. As for why he is white I imagine him as old/experienced guy, who lived in this world for a long time so he be like exhausted but still thought. (best reference would be Vladimir Kulich in "The 13th Warrior" )

terrex - thanks!

Weslie - I was accaly going thrue most or the items and wanted to put more ingame items, like I did with The Ignomon on the shoulder but to be honest it's not that easy to keep this character consistent and put more of this. And after all this is kinda my take on this character and it's simply how I imagine him :D

thanks again for your support guys! Like I mentioned before it is still work in progress and maybe I should post final image, but I guess posting process keeps me going, and I do appreciate your all your feedback!

"
zerratu wrote:
Simon_GGG - thanks man! yes this is Marmoset renders but to be honest I think I will render it with 3dsmax for final renders, (and hopefully I will be able to make simple mimics for him).

Okanitu - thank you, this is actually still work in progress and textures are definitely not final :D and tatoos are grate idia! thanskthansk!. As for why he is white I imagine him as old/experienced guy, who lived in this world for a long time so he be like exhausted but still thought. (best reference would be Vladimir Kulich in "The 13th Warrior" )

terrex - thanks!

Weslie - I was accaly going thrue most or the items and wanted to put more ingame items, like I did with The Ignomon on the shoulder but to be honest it's not that easy to keep this character consistent and put more of this. And after all this is kinda my take on this character and it's simply how I imagine him :D

thanks again for your support guys! Like I mentioned before it is still work in progress and maybe I should post final image, but I guess posting process keeps me going, and I do appreciate your all your feedback!

Well then, looking forward to seeing the finished project. Amazing work thus far, just add some wicked tatoos and maybe make him not so white-wash, and it'll be badass.

Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
Last edited by Okanitu on Oct 19, 2014, 5:56:28 PM
And why did I read that as Marauder Fart ?
Didn't know the marauder could turn white due to old age ;)

Still really cool, looking forward to the final product!
Dem metal chickens
;D

I will definitely make him more tribal and darker skin but my intention was never to make him black, I'm sorry guys :/
Last edited by zerratu on Oct 20, 2014, 3:13:44 AM
This is awesome!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Hey,
this is another update on this guy, fixed some face shading and overall body proportions, but I'm not fully happy with it yet :/
currently working on shaders.

Last edited by zerratu on Oct 27, 2014, 8:02:08 PM
Any thoughts ? what do you guys think ?
Wow such arts
Last edited by GodKas on Oct 28, 2014, 4:26:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info