Marauder Fanart

It's close, and very nice work.....

Couple suggestions;

1) He's not ugly enough in the face. (Mara is really ugly, almost troll looking.)

2) His stance and shoulders are not wide enough. Shoulders should be wide, arms held away from sides with elbows turned out away from hips like he's constantly flexing his muscles.... picture arnold swarzenegger's stance. (when he was ripped)

Other than that it looks good!

/my2cents

/e

I like this one the best. Still not ugly enough and shoulders/stance are too narrow though.

I also think the armor looks slightly too big for him. He's a big bad mara....why's he swimming in armor? The armor should look tight fitting to show the proportion to his mammoth size.

Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Nov 10, 2014, 4:39:16 PM
"
GodlyMe wrote:
It's close, and very nice work.....

Couple suggestions;

1) He's not ugly enough in the face. (Mara is really ugly, almost troll looking.)

2) His stance and shoulders are not wide enough. Shoulders should be wide, arms held away from sides with elbows turned out away from hips like he's constantly flexing his muscles.... picture arnold swarzenegger's stance. (when he was ripped)

Other than that it looks good!

/my2cents

/e

I like this one the best. Still not ugly enough and shoulders/stance are too narrow though.

I also think the armor looks slightly too big for him. He's a big bad mara....why's he swimming in armor? The armor should look tight fitting to show the proportion to his mammoth size.

Thanks for your suggestions, I really appreciate it!
I didn't want him to be ugly, I wanted him to be smart, dude that's know how to survive, I remember first few times playing POE hardcore mode like I would play Diablo, and I failed miserable. Had to start over few times. And the only think that kept me alive was knowledge what can I do or I can't. I hope you know where I'm going with this.
As for proportions I actually did the opposite :/ I narrowed his shoulders to make him more like normal human proportions. It was a hard choice, but it had to be done :-) But overall you are right I'm not happy with the proportions and his posture :-( at some point I just had to call him done.
Once again thank you for post!
Last edited by zerratu on Nov 12, 2014, 3:40:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info