1.2.3 Patch Notes

Its like you guys, are pathologically forced to chose/make stupid decisions for your game...
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
Its like you guys, are pathologically forced to chose/make stupid decisions for your game...

This is the result of having no testers/pre-planned strategy for the game. Also, no one really considers the impact of these changes, they just change stuff and see where it takes them. If this change was done within a few days from the release of the expansion, no one would object and it even might get praised by some. However, like with what we seen in the past, we are the guinea pigs, and usually these bad decisions hit after a month or mid-season, when gaming is at the highest peak. That pushes a lot of players away from PoE and makes the game never be able to grasp more then just a minor number of players over all compared to other games of its type. Also, makes RMT's shoot for rampage cash-grabbing streaks in PoE, why every competitive player is using them (some don't even bother to hide it on their streams anymore) and so on.

Just thinking about all this makes me sad, because I love PoE as it is the only game forcing players to think and plan ahead if they want to have a fruitful endgame.

:(

Edit: just take a quick look what happened on beyond just a day-two after the notes were released, exalt was holding a steady price prior, now it jumped for 10c in just a day, by monday we can expect to hit 65-70c(or more)per ex easily at this rate. Just horrible.

Last edited by Grimlocke_ on Sep 27, 2014, 6:21:23 AM
"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

This is the result of having no testers/pre-planned strategy for the game. Also, no one really considers the impact of these changes, they just change stuff and see where it takes them. If this change was done within a few days from the release of the expansion, no one would object and it even might get praised by some. However, like with what we seen in the past, we are the guinea pigs, and usually these bad decisions hit after a month or mid-season, when gaming is at the highest peak. That pushes a lot of players away from PoE and makes the game never be able to grasp more then just a minor number of players over all compared to other games of its type. Also, makes RMT's shoot for rampage cash-grabbing streaks in PoE, why every competitive player is using them (some don't even bother to hide it on their streams anymore) and so on.

Just thinking about all this makes me sad, because I love PoE as it is the only game forcing players to think and plan ahead if they want to have a fruitful endgame.

:(

Edit: just take a quick look what happened on beyond just a day-two after the notes were released, exalt was holding a steady price prior, now it jumped for 10c in just a day, by monday we can expect to hit 65-70c(or more)per ex easily at this rate. Just horrible.

Oh, I got a solution for you: Everybody should stop buying exalteds for a few days because of the crazy prices. Then the speculation will eventually end, and people trying to sell exalteds (and because of no buyers not being able to) will eventually correct the prices again.

Just don't be stupid and buy at 65 c per ex.
"
...My primary gripe is that it looks like Zana still gives Fracturing Sea Witches missions, which is the most aggravating thing in this game to date since they cause client crashes all over the place...

I agree that Fracturing Sea Witches should be removed, along with Zana's Timed-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Type missions (e.g., find the map item in this amount of time, kill the corrupted monsters in this amount of time, etc.).
"
whitelytning wrote:
The problem with this change isn't the price. Like others are saying, its the currency that matters. Exalts are just too rare to require them for a mod like this.

That's the point. They probably didn't want everyone in the game running around with Elreon weapons.
"
Nycro wrote:
"
whitelytning wrote:
The problem with this change isn't the price. Like others are saying, its the currency that matters. Exalts are just too rare to require them for a mod like this.

That's the point. They probably didn't want everyone in the game running around with Elreon weapons.

Because this one mod is so game breaking right?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Nycro wrote:
"
whitelytning wrote:

Because this one mod is so game breaking right?

Well, no. It is not gamebreaking, it is just very good. And like all very good things in PoE, GGG wants it to be at least somewhat rare and a thing to aim for. Not a thing you just do on leveling gear...
"
t_golgari wrote:

Well, no. It is not gamebreaking, it is just very good. And like all very good things in PoE, GGG wants it to be at least somewhat rare and a thing to aim for. Not a thing you just do on leveling gear...

And like always, rare means something else to GGG than to normal people. If you grind Elreon to lvl 8, you don't just get a good shot at getting this very good mod, you get to swim in it and add to every item you find (assuming you trade for the Exs). If you don't get him to lvl 8, you don't get this mod at all.
PoE is an excellent real life economy simulator: Rich people will get richer without work, while normal people have only a very small chance at hitting it big and are stuck in an unsatisfactory grind. Why would you want that in a game?
I believe a game economy is good when most people actively participate in it because they want to. Not when good items are reliably expensive or people only trade because they have to to progress.
Great game which GGG has created, but the way they keep making it easier for the top 1% and harder for the others is incredibly annoying.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I would have rather seen eleron's unique mod change to 25-40 chaos orbs to craft it. Would be much better for the game and make more sense to many players.
"
treffnix wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:

And like always, rare means something else to GGG than to normal people. If you grind Elreon to lvl 8, you don't just get a good shot at getting this very good mod, you get to swim in it and add to every item you find (assuming you trade for the Exs). If you don't get him to lvl 8, you don't get this mod at all.
PoE is an excellent real life economy simulator: Rich people will get richer without work, while normal people have only a very small chance at hitting it big and are stuck in an unsatisfactory grind. Why would you want that in a game?
I believe a game economy is good when most people actively participate in it because they want to. Not when good items are reliably expensive or people only trade because they have to to progress.
Great game which GGG has created, but the way they keep making it easier for the top 1% and harder for the others is incredibly annoying.

Ok, let talk about this:

The only problem you have then is that you can't devote as much time to the game as other players. Because getting Elreon to lvl 8 is a matter of time. Nothing else. I have him 2/3 to lvl 7, and I have a job and a kid. But I had some time of since the expansion hit, so I had time to play. The expansion is gonna be here for at least 6 months. It would have been stupid from GGG to have the masters be lvl 8 for everyone in like 3 weeks. It is supposed to be a bgrind. And yes, when you finally reach that, you are rewarded.

You're "rich getting richer" argument: Use some restraint. Wait for your own Elreon. This argument is only valid if they can find enough people willing to pay extra orbs for something they can see was crafted for a lot less orbs. When I see an item like that I decline to buy it. I just wait until something else gets on the market. I don't craft myself before I sell items. I sell the ones with potential for relatively cheap. I know that. But I would not be scamed into buying it back later for multiple exalteds.

Most of the problems with the PoE economy right now is coming from people not willing to wait, being uninformed and just taking shitty deals they later complain about. How can Exs rise in value compared to chaos? Because people take those deals. If they would not, the price would go down eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info