2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Still loving this build. Everyone is right about the HP but the extra defense after picking up voll's devotion (i also decided it would be greater than a 6L) goes a long way. I dont have CoC Proc issues and feels ok with 1730 accuracy. The main thing I want to upgrade is my dagger. Would love to get one with a celebration suffix. 1.84 aps could be a lot better.

Just hit lvl 93 and just got +1 max end volls so I will try Normal Atziri in this setup and see if it's not too brutal with this much HP, i think it will be ok though.

Edit: I beat normal atziri but it was tough. Noobishness and first attempt so it wasnt flawless. Definitely doable though. With more practice on the phases i could probably do it deathless.

-p3dr0maz

Gear

Discharge 6 Power + 5 End Charges

Discharge 6 Power + 5 End Charges + Atziri's Promise

Cyclone 0 Charges

Cyclone 6 Power Charges
IGN: RawbinHewd
Last edited by Cpt_Lustblood on Mar 17, 2015, 1:28:57 AM
Currently using these items. Leeches just fine. Switch out the increased crit chance for life leech if I feel like it doesn't leech enough or ele reflect maps.
Spoiler
I had some currency left. So I gave this build at the end of Bloodlines a try.
Levelled till 45 with flametrap/tendrils then swichted to coc/cyclone. But I wouldn't recommend that. You need like 50% base crit and a good life pool ... and still cyclones costs will drain you (like 110 life per cast)
Think 55 Would be the better switch, cause you can then use Rat's Nest and you'll have a higher life pool and better flasks.
Easiest way would be to respec a high level char. But I rather have some levelling fun, than wasting 80 regrets and getting buying all gems levelled ...

I'm currently level 68 and got all gems and items set up.

I use this tree
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/zhowBQV

and going for this tree in super late game (if I don't rip)

Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/zhowHRB

I think with assassin's mark my crit will be capped, so I either switch Maligaro's out or just skill some more life nodes or other stuff in tree.
Also I'm thinking ybout getting a Vagan dagger, cause my accuracy is pretty shit (around 80%), but as long as I can clear maps with ease I dont care about it :D

Btw I choose my current dagger over this ones
Spoiler

because my crit was overcapped and it fells like the dmg is much better even with less att speed.

I think this build is HC viable, but you need well gear.
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Mar 17, 2015, 6:40:42 PM
Tell me pls what gems to use with 35+ LVL, I am very hard to kill monsters, I don't understand the mechanics of the game for this build. Than to kill ? And 35+ LVL to wear a dagger with a shield or dual dagger? thx ^^
"
ps1onik wrote:
Tell me pls what gems to use with 35+ LVL, I am very hard to kill monsters, I don't understand the mechanics of the game for this build. Than to kill ? And 35+ LVL to wear a dagger with a shield or dual dagger? thx ^^

Read my post above.

You shouldn't be using this build until you are above level 60.
Find other ways of levelling, I have written the way I did it in my post.
"
gavsus252525 wrote:
Tried this build in Torment, I think I made it work for me at last, though it wasn't easy at all. Here are some thoughts for everyone who wants to give it a go, comments appreciated:

1) I had issues with low life (I think anything below 4 k after lvl 80 is low). What I did is I got myself a Rathpith instead of Saffels: +10% life and block/spell block. I have no issues with reflect (Saffels is needed only to mitigate reflect, useless against phys) because:

2) Dealing with reflect: I got all nodes up to Spell Acrobaticas, got rid of Ondar's guile to compensate. Spell acro + Rathpith is the same as Saffel's, but you also have protection against physical damage. As for Ondar's... Well, you'll kill things so quickly that you won't even notice those projectile hits. Of course, for bosses with serious projectile attack damage (Atziri's puncture, anyone else?) you'll need to use evasion and armor flasks, that's the cost of ignoring Ondars. But after this change you won't even notice reflect, which is great. In a 6 man party you'll still need a topaz flask though.

3) 5L warks almost just like a 6L here, you just get some freezing and better power charge generation because of ice nova critting. You NEED life leech gem, I cannot imagine playing without it, Warlord's mark is too inconsistent. As for lightning pen, i tried it and didn't notice too much difference, Discharge is already overpowered, even without it.

4) IMHO north of the Scion life wheel is just a waste of points (EE and Inner force), don't go there, get more life!

5) Get yourself Vagan's dagger, that's the best thing you can do! A dagger with 8 + crit and 1.7 + aps, you can find one for less than 3 ex. You don't even need spell damage on it, it won't add much. Diamond rings with 300 + accuracy and 60 + life cost a small fortune, so do gloves with 300 + acc, life and resists. This dagger will solve all problems with accuracy, make the build 10 time s cheaper for you and will free up other useful affixes (attack speed namely). And get yourself a leather belt with 100 + life, you don't need Doryani's, just use LL gem.

6) Don't try this before level 78-80, trust me.

Here's my gear:

This is not a slight at all to master mathil but doeboys build is just more refined version and cheaper version of this build everyone should be following at this point - which uses the vegan dagger. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1195956

Has more defenses with super high 46% spell dodge wearing Atziri Step, phase, high dodge - and more offense using can't miss daggers/maligaros/double crit rings because you dont need acc, etc. Life wise im 4350 at 93. I could easily have 4700 for HC if I took less DPS node.

I'm not sure why you crafted added lightning on Vagan dagger. Doesnt do anything really compared to extra 1% leech you could have.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 20, 2015, 4:30:11 AM
"
ps1onik wrote:

You dont level with this. You get two cheap lifesrigs set one up with arc echo and pen other with fire trap, fire pen, inc burn and will carry u all the way to lvl 55 then you socket arc in cheap 4L Godfris helm adding fast cast to get past dom.

You don't move to this build until 67-69 IMO but all elemental spell DPS you selected on tree will help arc and fire trap in meantime. Lifesprig wands is for +1 and zero mana problems. Crit you take at end when ready to make move.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 20, 2015, 4:51:14 AM
Hey guys, new league is about to kick in and I got a question to everyone who made some experiences with this build.

Would you recommend playing it in HC (it seems like 90% of the linked gear here in the thread is from Rampage/Standard/Torment) and would you recommend playing it as a 1st character in a fresh hardcore league? I'm still a bit worried about reflect tbh :|

ty
"
ToxDwarf wrote:
Hey guys, new league is about to kick in and I got a question to everyone who made some experiences with this build.

Would you recommend playing it in HC (it seems like 90% of the linked gear here in the thread is from Rampage/Standard/Torment) and would you recommend playing it as a 1st character in a fresh hardcore league? I'm still a bit worried about reflect tbh :|

ty

I personally wouldn't because you are going to be using Whirling Blades and Cyclone, these two skills are bound to give you desync and get you killed.
Until you are at a very high level, your chances of getting killed a few times is quite high.
"
YummiesLOL wrote:
"
ToxDwarf wrote:

ty

I personally wouldn't because you are going to be using Whirling Blades and Cyclone, these two skills are bound to give you desync and get you killed.
Until you are at a very high level, your chances of getting killed a few times is quite high.

Thanks for your answer.

Is Cyclone still as bad as it used to be in during the last leagues when it comes to desync? :( I thought GGG changed some mechanics (attack area and not monster or something like that) so it aint desyncing that much anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info