2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
wiwigvn wrote:
I think Scion's start can be more efficient, point-wise. Any comment guys?

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAsZAtqNtZt9aDCdhN-ehodNpilKAQfwx9gsfGnpitKPqSffcycqnE9jwtxq63PkGHmG_cI-XPNZLYvf4KKjipbrXypldN4_6POuHyRXcHhxOcpG-ewONLV_GzFr8Pq1M1m7XDOspKjDakkROeXfJ-M2NDDkiaE3BWkBsRltvUYeImlVVL1CMFtejWIurWin8rMHxRR42__94k_edUTZIj9o19RtdXKXGFwBpZ86yqsULauScvkFUaOIKb7DiiAOFz7SDAZgSz73yf3_AfcFKJ03DVhX0pTw==

It is technically more point efficient but the scion starting spell damage nodes are awful in comparison to the shadow's elemental nodes and since you are going vaal pact the life regen nodes are wasted. You also lose out on the 78% increased evasion that you get by traveling under scion start so starting shadow is still much better in my opinion since you aren't spending points on inefficient nodes
Last edited by Theatricks on Jan 20, 2015, 12:58:55 AM
@wiwigvn

Hi friend!

This is not a guide by from expert player so bear that in mind when you read it.
I'm running this build in bloodlines and currently as level 86 it's actually working great. This is the tree that I'm aiming for.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2E55VS6SRYeJ-MyaVXfIWv3DVDkgPq4nTY0MRllM1cFKQG5u1cFYi6sM6mhPo1spK29QFtW-eUUyNv9QjnKSsR1FHMHGHE31b51QwfN2odwcqTST9jX1_K0t4Pyf_3iP21oo6QkrITZJuqrXyqW41kio4_o_YvU3j_gqmV7c-8kU64cauPC3E9j0Pcqkczqyq9zIrUFnz6hiSfQ3NwBp2rNwj_lQaOM9-mG-QVeXPJy_sOIKb7SDhc6IA8B8Es8Bmn9_vfK2NBx6VLvDVSVE=

I use two cast on damage taken links, the standard ec/ic/id combo and one 3L with enfeeble and increased aoe. On the boots you can use 2 2L with Vengeance/life gain on hit and Vaal Grace with Increased duration. Vengeance with life gain on hit q20 gives you 540 life if if procs and 10mobs are next to you. It's not huge, but every bit of survivability is neat, it also gives you more power charges when it crits. My pots are insta remove bleed, insta remove frozen, lightning flask, atziri flask and ruby flask. I never felt the need for quicksilver when I have whirling blades. My next upgrade is probably going to be Taste of hate instead of the ruby flask, that flask just amazing.

My reasoning behind the changes are that you're going to need the extra defence in hc, EE is great but it's not really needed. You could remove aoe nodes and pick that up instead but I reckon you don't need it if you have a 6L voll's with ice nova. You can deal with lightning res mobs just by using an atziri flask.

If you're used to playing hc you know the basics already, if you feel something is a bad idea just don't do it, this applies to both crafting and killing mobs/bosses. Never be afraid of skipping bosses in maps, this is something many builds do. You really should pick up Vagan as one of your masters and try to get a hits can't be evaded dagger, or buy one from players(Royal Skean/Poignard). If you have a few of them you can try crafting them with regals, augs (Hits can't be evaded is a prefix, that means you can roll both attackspeed and crit from aug, but you might lose the ability to multimod the dagger). Getting this dagger is huge since you can skip accuracy on gloves/jewellry and replace it with resist/crit/crit multi/.

Quick guide about the bloodline mobs and others things you should be careful around.

Bloodline mods:

Bond of Chaos: Can be frustrating to deal with before you get good chaos resist, but an Atziri flask does wonders vs these, just pop that sucker and cyclone into them while potting if you need it. Takes some practice to feel 100% safe.

Corrupted Bloodline: Always carry remove bleed flasks, these isn't as bad as corrupting blood rares, but they hurt alot.

Cult of the Elements/Shrouded: Mostly just annoying, not that dangerous most of the time.

Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers: These are dangerous, but they're not too bad since you have high resists and whirling blade.

Flaring/Rime/Static Pulseblood/Legacy of Vigor/Legacy of Zeal/Mark of the Cannibal: Harmless

Heralds of the Obelisk: These are the reason you should never run additional projectiles on maps as melee. Just don't do it. They can be dangerous even without additional projectiles, but you can deal with it.

Living Blood: Also one of the reasons you shouldn't run additional projectiles, poison bombs can oneshot you. They're not that bad without it, just pop atziri flask and use vaal grace once the blob spawns.

Necrovigil: Annoying

Phylacteral Link: This builds has huge aoe and deals with them pretty good but they're still annoying, and can be dangerous if it's the wrong base mobs(Evangelists)

Shared Boon: These flicker strike dischargers can be dangerous with this mod, usually it's fine though.

Spirit Walkers: Harmless for the most part, but it means more evangelists/devourer...

Union of Souls: Annoying if they have lightning resist.

Voidspawn of Abaxoth: I usually skip those since the build doesn't deal well with some of the bosses, just go back and kill those packs when you cleared the rest of the map.

Bearers of the Guardian: Free loot!

Otherworldly: Pop Atziri flask and Vaal Grace and they're not that bad. They can be dangerous without it though.

Regular mobs to be careful around:

Devourers, Evangelists, charge mobs with powerful crit, viper strike before you get enough chaos resist. That's pretty much it.

Rolling maps:

I usually don't run maps with damage mods, before you have more than 5k life I suggest you do the same. Additional projectiles should never be run, Obelisks have oneshot tankier people than you. You can roll reflect/no regen/half regen and stuff like that and still get alot of quantity(You can deal with double reflect by using your lightning flask and Atziri flask). If I enter a map and it's Devourers I just leave, this is because of otherworldly and chaos bonds spawns might oneshot you. It's more of a personal preference since you can kill them most of the time, but it's easier to get a new map than new gear.

I hope this helps bro, if I forgot anything just ask.

Last edited by Murghz on Jan 20, 2015, 7:15:31 AM
Um..lets say I didnt use Volls Protector. Couldnt I just use Cyclone - Power Charge on crit - COC - Discharge - Ice Nova - Lightning Pen?
"
PatriotPOE wrote:
Um..lets say I didnt use Volls Protector. Couldnt I just use Cyclone - Power Charge on crit - COC - Discharge - Ice Nova - Lightning Pen?

A level 20 Power charge on crit got a 49% chance to create a power charge in comparison to volls it´s pretty bad;/
Last edited by RageAgainst on Jan 20, 2015, 4:54:04 PM
what am I doing wrong?
I am 81 with 2% life leech on lightning damage (1 from belt 1 from weap) and 5l voll and I still get owned by elemental reflect. I use vaal pact too...

people seem to say that they can do elemen reflect maps with vaal pact...i cant even kill a rare monster pack without either dying or coming close if i use lightning flask
Hello everyone! I want to ask 2 questions

1. I grabbed EE. I got fire dmg on ring. So, as i damage mosters, they get +25 fire res and -50 cold and lightning.
What if i have additional cold dmg on my other ring? Will it be like +25 fire res, +25 cold res, -100 lightning res? or EE does not work for several elements at the same time?

2. What curse doing more dps? Elemental Weakness or Assassin's Mark?
"
Kezz123 wrote:
what am I doing wrong?
I am 81 with 2% life leech on lightning damage (1 from belt 1 from weap) and 5l voll and I still get owned by elemental reflect. I use vaal pact too...

people seem to say that they can do elemen reflect maps with vaal pact...i cant even kill a rare monster pack without either dying or coming close if i use lightning flask

Two Questions in return:

1. What is your Lightning Resistance?
2. Are you using Saffell's Frame?

If you do, you might realize why many people use a Life Leech gem (me too)

You can leave out the Ice Nova and be fine if you are playing a 5L Volls
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
"
Murghz wrote:
@wiwigvn

Hi friend!

This is not a guide by from expert player so bear that in mind when you read it.
I'm running this build in bloodlines and currently as level 86 it's actually working great. This is the tree that I'm aiming for.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2E55VS6SRYeJ-MyaVXfIWv3DVDkgPq4nTY0MRllM1cFKQG5u1cFYi6sM6mhPo1spK29QFtW-eUUyNv9QjnKSsR1FHMHGHE31b51QwfN2odwcqTST9jX1_K0t4Pyf_3iP21oo6QkrITZJuqrXyqW41kio4_o_YvU3j_gqmV7c-8kU64cauPC3E9j0Pcqkczqyq9zIrUFnz6hiSfQ3NwBp2rNwj_lQaOM9-mG-QVeXPJy_sOIKb7SDhc6IA8B8Es8Bmn9_vfK2NBx6VLvDVSVE=

I use two cast on damage taken links, the standard ec/ic/id combo and one 3L with enfeeble and increased aoe. On the boots you can use 2 2L with Vengeance/life gain on hit and Vaal Grace with Increased duration. Vengeance with life gain on hit q20 gives you 540 life if if procs and 10mobs are next to you. It's not huge, but every bit of survivability is neat, it also gives you more power charges when it crits. My pots are insta remove bleed, insta remove frozen, lightning flask, atziri flask and ruby flask. I never felt the need for quicksilver when I have whirling blades. My next upgrade is probably going to be Taste of hate instead of the ruby flask, that flask just amazing.

My reasoning behind the changes are that you're going to need the extra defence in hc, EE is great but it's not really needed. You could remove aoe nodes and pick that up instead but I reckon you don't need it if you have a 6L voll's with ice nova. You can deal with lightning res mobs just by using an atziri flask.

If you're used to playing hc you know the basics already, if you feel something is a bad idea just don't do it, this applies to both crafting and killing mobs/bosses. Never be afraid of skipping bosses in maps, this is something many builds do. You really should pick up Vagan as one of your masters and try to get a hits can't be evaded dagger, or buy one from players(Royal Skean/Poignard). If you have a few of them you can try crafting them with regals, augs (Hits can't be evaded is a prefix, that means you can roll both attackspeed and crit from aug, but you might lose the ability to multimod the dagger). Getting this dagger is huge since you can skip accuracy on gloves/jewellry and replace it with resist/crit/crit multi/.

Quick guide about the bloodline mobs and others things you should be careful around.

Bloodline mods:

Bond of Chaos: Can be frustrating to deal with before you get good chaos resist, but an Atziri flask does wonders vs these, just pop that sucker and cyclone into them while potting if you need it. Takes some practice to feel 100% safe.

Corrupted Bloodline: Always carry remove bleed flasks, these isn't as bad as corrupting blood rares, but they hurt alot.

Cult of the Elements/Shrouded: Mostly just annoying, not that dangerous most of the time.

Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers: These are dangerous, but they're not too bad since you have high resists and whirling blade.

Flaring/Rime/Static Pulseblood/Legacy of Vigor/Legacy of Zeal/Mark of the Cannibal: Harmless

Heralds of the Obelisk: These are the reason you should never run additional projectiles on maps as melee. Just don't do it. They can be dangerous even without additional projectiles, but you can deal with it.

Living Blood: Also one of the reasons you shouldn't run additional projectiles, poison bombs can oneshot you. They're not that bad without it, just pop atziri flask and use vaal grace once the blob spawns.

Necrovigil: Annoying

Phylacteral Link: This builds has huge aoe and deals with them pretty good but they're still annoying, and can be dangerous if it's the wrong base mobs(Evangelists)

Shared Boon: These flicker strike dischargers can be dangerous with this mod, usually it's fine though.

Spirit Walkers: Harmless for the most part, but it means more evangelists/devourer...

Union of Souls: Annoying if they have lightning resist.

Voidspawn of Abaxoth: I usually skip those since the build doesn't deal well with some of the bosses, just go back and kill those packs when you cleared the rest of the map.

Bearers of the Guardian: Free loot!

Otherworldly: Pop Atziri flask and Vaal Grace and they're not that bad. They can be dangerous without it though.

Regular mobs to be careful around:

Devourers, Evangelists, charge mobs with powerful crit, viper strike before you get enough chaos resist. That's pretty much it.

Rolling maps:

I usually don't run maps with damage mods, before you have more than 5k life I suggest you do the same. Additional projectiles should never be run, Obelisks have oneshot tankier people than you. You can roll reflect/no regen/half regen and stuff like that and still get alot of quantity(You can deal with double reflect by using your lightning flask and Atziri flask). If I enter a map and it's Devourers I just leave, this is because of otherworldly and chaos bonds spawns might oneshot you. It's more of a personal preference since you can kill them most of the time, but it's easier to get a new map than new gear.

I hope this helps bro, if I forgot anything just ask.

Wow, it's much more than I asked for. Thanks a lot man! The rest is only how to fund the build, 5L voll and other decent gears can be a bit costly in bloodlines :) I'll try to figure out myself though since I don't farm that much! :D
"
Carmondai89 wrote:
"
Kezz123 wrote:
what am I doing wrong?

Two Questions in return:

1. What is your Lightning Resistance?
2. Are you using Saffell's Frame?

If you do, you might realize why many people use a Life Leech gem (me too)

You can leave out the Ice Nova and be fine if you are playing a 5L Volls

Hi,

I have 82 lightning res using saffel and purity of lightning level 18. 3358 hp

if I take out ice nova, will my EE not now proc off discharge and increase their lightning resist? Should I remove EE if removing ice nova?

I am also using Herald of Ice...maybe that somehow makes their resists go down for lightning with EE...not sure how it all works out.

Not sure either, I think herald of ice and discarge would work well together.
Personally I don't play EE ;)
I think you do enough damage without it, so I saw no need to invest the points.

You should rather work on you health pool IMHO, but ofc you can first test if Herald of Ice and Discharge synergize.
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info