2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

After fighting a couple of Lightning Res / Curse Immune and Ele Res / Extra Life monster I really see why you are going for Elemental Equilibrium. Although I don't really see why it's necessary to use Ice Nova to proc EE. Would't any Fire or Cold damage from your gear be good enough?

Instead of EE you could spend these 4 points to get 2 Frenzy Charges and use Blood Rage by the way. This might be an option aswell.
/E. Nvm. It's kinda hard to sustain and wouldn't help against single targets.
Last edited by kahzin on Oct 7, 2014, 1:56:09 PM
Hi, Mathil. As always nice =)
How do u think, which build (this one or crit cycloner) is more capable for maps clearing/uber etc. ?

P.S. i have 10 ex budget and 11 auras support =)
Thx
"
jacynthe wrote:
How do u think, which build (this one or crit cycloner) is more capable for maps clearing/uber etc. ?

Thx

Bit of a tough question but... Fakener will do Uber better and clear maps faster. Crit cyclone should be able to do Uber but it will take more skill and risk. It'll clear maps only a little slower but will be a bit safer.

My crit cyclone build can do virtually every single map mod and doesn't have problems with reflect. Fakener on the other hand cannot do ele ref maps and you will probably end up dying at least a few times to tough reflect packs.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
jacynthe wrote:

Thx

Bit of a tough question but... Fakener will do Uber better and clear maps faster. Crit cyclone should be able to do Uber but it will take more skill and risk. It'll clear maps only a little slower but will be a bit safer.

My crit cyclone build can do virtually every single map mod and doesn't have problems with reflect. Fakener on the other hand cannot do ele ref maps and you will probably end up dying at least a few times to tough reflect packs.

Thank u for reply. I just love that cycloner, so it's cool.
Greetings from Ukrainian users, btw =)
Can you tell me please what is your chance to hit, attack speed modifier and critical strike chance with cyclone with out power charges or buffs?

An offense tab screenshot would be great also.

Regards
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Can you tell me please what is your chance to hit, attack speed modifier and critical strike chance with cyclone with out power charges or buffs?

Regards
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
jacynthe wrote:

Greetings from Ukrainian users, btw =)

Privet.

"
Rathik2 wrote:

Regards

Updated in OP.

Just added a new video too of some double dominus killing with a 6L now for comparison to when I used a 5L in the earlier video.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Hi all. I have been having a blast with this build and like the fact that there have been many different slight variations of the build shared here. I have tweaked my approach a few times and tried different gem and passive combinations and think I may have finally settled on what fits my play style best. I thought I would share the details with everyone as you have shared yours with me.

I spec'd this build using my level 84 Scion so I have a slightly different start to my tree.

Key stats currently are:

Cyclone Hit Chance: 91%
Cyclone Crit Chance: 81.4% - No charges
Crit Multiplier: 494% with Increased Crit Damage
Attacks per Second: 2.9
Life: 4005
Evade Chance: 49% with Grace
Fire: 80/161 with Purity of Fire
Cold: 75/97
Lightning: 79/161 with Purity of Lightning

My Skill Tree:

My Gear with Gem Selections:
Spoiler

Flasks:

As I tested things out I rotated around combinations of 20/20 Lightning Pen, 18/20 Arc, 20/20 Increased Crit Damage and a few others. Everything I came in contact with died before I could even see it. What I also noticed was that my life was fluctuating up and down fairly rapidly and that made me feel a tad uneasy.

So I tested out my kill speed by removing one of my damage gems and just running Discharge. Basically I ran my 6 link Voll's with only 5 gems to see what happened. I still was killing things in one hit. Even uniques and map bosses were dying before I noticed them in some maps.

This led me to re-roll my socket colors so I could run a 20/20 Life Leech in my 6th slot. I then put 2 points into getting Vaal Pact and now I feel significantly more invincible while still plowing through maps like they were nothing.

Admittedly, I have only run maps as high as 74 since I have yet to ever acquire any higher than that yet.

So in the end my 6 link consists of Cyclone, CoC, Discharge, Blood Magic, Increased Crit Damage, Life Leech. Sure, I could probably do more damage but with a bit more risk. Since I have a strong aversion to dying in this game I decided to take the safer approach.

I also decided to bench my Saffell's in favor of a high evasion, high life shield. I felt my life was too low without it and I am pleased to report that I still have no issue with elemental reflect packs. I even ran an ele reflect map and had little issue with it. I certainly took it slower and used my Surgeon's Topaz and Ruby flasks (I do a decent amount of fire damage with wearing the Voll's Ammy).

I'd like to sneak up and try EE but that's 5 more levels away unless I spec out of something. I have cold damage on my dagger and I think that would mesh well with my lightning and fire from my discharges.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. Take care and happy hunting in Wraeclast.
"
kahzin wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:
Level 19 should be enough.

"
kolton wrote:
Yeah, level 19 is enough. I've hit it a few days ago and can run grace and 2 purities.

Thanks for the correction. Any thought on Life Leech + Vaal Pact tho? I'm currently at 3.5k HP and I'm dying to every second reflect pack. I'll test Life Leech + Vaal Pact as soon as I get my hands on a 5L Voll's.

I tested life leech and vaal pact on my 5L voll's in 72 ele reflect map. I could run it without pressing Topaz flask. Here is my video. http://youtu.be/vrzUoHd6p0Y
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUOSA-rE54WvyLqJpUn7SpNMHw1kjwtPydFfErIUUdRTFM1VUtZ813yYeJuqn1bfjN_K4w2jb-Xl5u1pJGsR6yqtDi18rc-wzrE9sauykrYveUZ6Nb79f4K

Level 40 atm and I was wondering where I should priortize my next 20ish passive points so I can make a smooth transition.
Which nodes should I prioritize?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info