2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Does this weapon break the build?
Do i need something better?
"
jebose wrote:

I think that will do. Personally want 1% lightning leech. But Mathil and some others say its not necessary

Oh wait, actually not. Lightning damage will cause problems cause of EE!
Last edited by Myraklus on Oct 6, 2014, 10:39:11 PM
"
kahzin wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:
Level 19 should be enough.

"
kolton wrote:
Yeah, level 19 is enough. I've hit it a few days ago and can run grace and 2 purities.

Thanks for the correction. Any thought on Life Leech + Vaal Pact tho? I'm currently at 3.5k HP and I'm dying to every second reflect pack. I'll test Life Leech + Vaal Pact as soon as I get my hands on a 5L Voll's.

Topaz flask will help against reflect. Surgeon on it will keep it up all the time.
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
jebose wrote:

I think that will do. Personally want 1% lightning leech. But Mathil and some others say its not necessary

Shit welp time to get a new one.
"
jebose wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
jebose wrote:

Shit welp time to get a new one.

You can just play the build with arc + discharge instead of ice nova + discharge and not get EE until get a new dagger
hey :) thought of an idea, would like some feedback.

my idea is this: instead of blood magic in the cyclone link, i will put an enduring cry, in an order in which the enduring cry will trigger after the discharge. i will also have the enduring cry-immortal call setup in a way enduring cry triggers last.
this way, i have endurance charges up most of the time, and my immortal calls are very long as they consume charges. as an added bonus, my discharge also deals more damage.

in order to cast cyclone, i will not take acrobatics and ondar's guile path, and instead get eldrich battery and 2 mana nodes and cast it with mana. no need for high mana regen or arctic armor, as those are not possible with voll'S. eldrich battery's only purpose is letting me cast cyclone with mana.

this setup gives up on dodge for longer immortal calls and stonger discharge. i believe it wont be more vulnerable to attacks, as physical attacks are mitigated by immortal call and elemental damage is not that much of a problem with all the +max resist.

thoughts?

edit: skill tree might look like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2E55VS6SRYeJ-MyaVXfIWvw5IcNVjQxGWidOQG3_GBx5wUnBWwcUc3JUuKguaE4hCkyfw1fPq29SCHu-ItAxJUdsL-TfqukZx188NfIMJSbFXyW-eKPqcpPGz2jqYrYLHhxNLV4Gv-eh3B8DjuNBBh7EFtz7-Csau8kXYvTwtOuE1ksT2l_6mV_6PJ-1-vU3j_EusqmwWWfOHGZhvwBqSfZBV5c-nhBo47DhX4ilPOtgyiYV9gpst0gSzFE2DOKIA73wHY8u9DH0Qf8ae
Last edited by yoavzim on Oct 7, 2014, 5:09:14 AM
"
yoavzim wrote:
hey :) thought of an idea, would like some feedback.

my idea is this: instead of blood magic in the cyclone link, i will put an enduring cry, in an order in which the enduring cry will trigger after the discharge. i will also have the enduring cry-immortal call setup in a way enduring cry triggers last.
this way, i have endurance charges up most of the time, and my immortal calls are very long as they consume charges. as an added bonus, my discharge also deals more damage.

in order to cast cyclone, i will not take acrobatics and ondar's guile path, and instead get eldrich battery and 2 mana nodes and cast it with mana. no need for high mana regen or arctic armor, as those are not possible with voll'S. eldrich battery's only purpose is letting me cast cyclone with mana.

this setup gives up on dodge for longer immortal calls and stonger discharge. i believe it wont be more vulnerable to attacks, as physical attacks are mitigated by immortal call and elemental damage is not that much of a problem with all the +max resist.

thoughts?

edit: skill tree might look like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2E55VS6SRYeJ-MyaVXfIWvw5IcNVjQxGWidOQG3_GBx5wUnBWwcUc3JUuKguaE4hCkyfw1fPq29SCHu-ItAxJUdsL-TfqukZx188NfIMJSbFXyW-eKPqcpPGz2jqYrYLHhxNLV4Gv-eh3B8DjuNBBh7EFtz7-Csau8kXYvTwtOuE1ksT2l_6mV_6PJ-1-vU3j_EusqmwWWfOHGZhvwBqSfZBV5c-nhBo47DhX4ilPOtgyiYV9gpst0gSzFE2DOKIA73wHY8u9DH0Qf8ae

Losing acrobatics/ondar's is a big deal. I previously ran a build that went into witch area and used flask effect nodes, but whenever flasks weren't up I simply died. I don't think you'll be able to have 100% IC uptime so whenever it's down you'll be extremely vulnerable.
You'd also have to drop one of your auras because you wouldn't have enough mana to even start using cyclone.

There is one good thing going for you though - you're close to both increased duration clusters on the tree. So if you want to try it out, definitely get those.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Last edited by kolton on Oct 7, 2014, 8:53:06 AM
Would this dagger be ok to use or should I master craft it?

About to start this build soon enough
IGN : Slythape/Nystericalol/CassanaEstermont
"
slythape wrote:
Would this dagger be ok to use or should I master craft it?

About to start this build soon enough

I think it's more than okay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info