Quick Summoner thread to see some diversity in these types of builds

+-Need moar summoner buiilds! Summoner class is best class! (besides is being slow, annoying to party with, and content limited to survivability of minions) Besides that, best class!
passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABkkIZwj0DXwNjQ48EJcTbBZvFy8YPBmKGmwajxzcHaoi9CSqJLAnCyj6KlMqmC9vNZI26DbpOlJBh0KjRARGcU25VdZXyVivWpFilWTnakNqrGvbbAttGW-ecLt4DX0Yf8aApILHgwmDtoVghtGIQI9GkDOTJ5M6m6GbtZ2un8umrKcIqH2pbqrEsnC0DLXytz64k70nv5fAVMHFwzrJPcpKzLzT-9i92QvZE-GI42rquuvu7BjsivIe9tr31_no-oD60vsJ_gr-SQ==

Check out my summoner link is in signature

its a scion tho
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Fire sents all the way for spectres. THough I want to try spell echo for their fireball and see how that works out.
From the previous temp league.

passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABkkMfQ18DY0OSBB_ES8RUBGWFVAV1xcvGYoabBqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqiL0JIsksCj6KU8qmCsKLL8vbzW5OthEBEZxS65NuU3YT31RYFXWVmNXyVqRXGtd8l8qZOdqrGvbbAttGW-ecLt0VXy7fRh-4n_GgFaApILHgwmESIVghq6G0YhAjHaPRpAzkyeboZu1na6mrKcIpyuofarErJi0DLb3uJO_l8HFwzrDbcaeyT3KSsy80_vZC9kT2VvfiuGI5CLpAuq66-7sGOw48h722vfB99f56PqA-tL7CQ==

Evangelists are the primary means of destruction. conc effect has a nice side effect of making the shields smaller and thus mobs cant get inside the shield area as easily, improving their survivabilty.

skeles are self cast and used to target zombs/spectrs.

the cure will change since vulnerability no longer has stun.

ek is used to open pots. I dont even bother trying to kill monsters myself.

looking forward to what i can stick on those 4mod rares when i go back to standard.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Dominating Blow / Zombies / Spectre :

Template mostly based on Minions nodes / Increased duration nodes (dom blow, flesh, vaal haste, convoc) :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAW8D7gQHBkkG6QxfDPcNfBFQE2wWbxcvGS4abBynHb4fAiSqJ2En7Sj6KpgrDS7_M4c1kjW5NsU26TwtQYdCS0rITLNNuU99UFBRYFOlVdZXyVhjWW1ca14fXz9fmF_KZOdnm2qsa9tsFm0ZbqpyqXzZfRh-4oBWgKSCx4RIhWCFxYcZiECLepAzna6gtKIPpqynCKcrqZWqxKyqtfK3PriTw23E9sauxtjMvM8y0_vUj9gk2L3ZC9rd377i9-Nq5FHnC-nV6-7sivMG87731_no-oD60vuq_Ev-Cg==

Spoiler

Trying to keep Frenzy Chief Ape Spectre alive on 75+maps (frenzy charges on 100+minion)
Plan to go full aura / low life with a shavronne RRRRRB on a witch
Still wondering if using minion instability or not.

+ Not Slow at all
+ Convocation on 100 Minion is crazy burst and really fun
+ Crazy mobs aura benefit for the team during 115 seconds
+ Flesh Offering on so many minions is nice
+ HeadHunter activate when a minion get the kill (headhunter doesn t affect minion)
+ No problem with minion survivability on boss until 76 for now
- for most people it s indeed annoying to party with 100+ minion but for the other it s fun as crazy
- annoying for some Tora mission where u can t dominate monsters
- Lot less fun with player using crit build since they shatter mobs and i can t dominate em
- annoying for lot of vociri mission
Last edited by Tistuto on Sep 29, 2014, 8:11:37 AM

if you want to go minion instability than you need to build your minions around the idea that they must die to do damage.

this means a few things.

1 you need to be able to rapidly cast and resupply minions skeletons are easy to do but zombies are rather clunky in that regard.

2 you will be sacrificing sustained damage for more of a burst damage. meaning your clear speed will go down against trivial things.

3 minion instability is terrible if you want your minions to stay alive or if you intend to do a bunch of other things like cusring ee debuffing , desecrating etc. for a summoner there are more options than feesable time to do them all
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 29, 2014, 11:26:00 AM
I used to have minion instability when i did some damage myself.. i used 4L ice spear-coldpen-inc.crit-faster casting.. i allways thought that i'm helping my minions to survive by freezing some of the mobs, and i worked pretty well for under 70 maps... then i absolutely needed something else and picked up SRS and after that there was no reason for instability no more, it was crearly a better option that my zomzoms tanked until death(if they can even die?) and give the needed time for my spirits to do the dps.. there was some time that i even used the degenbears as a tanks and for some minor degen...and stone titans too..

I really wish that GGG would make some changes to spectres so they don't have nerf every good ones... or remove spectre-gem and introduce many more minion-gems, or even minion classes that are much more easy to balance.
That way the mobs that were nerfed, because they were too OP as a spectres, could be dangerous again..
My 2 chaos

e: how about many different Raise Spectre-gems like:
-summon Arcmage
-summon Flame Sentinel
-summon Evangelist
-any normal monster in this game
and then balance these?
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Sep 29, 2014, 10:45:51 AM

So I'm doing some slightly unorthodox things. I don't have a good 5 or 6 link chest for my summoner but I did have a legacy BoR on my marauder.

So, basically it's a standard life based summoner with Iron Reflexes. Defensive stats are 3k hp, 9.5k armor, ~50 block. Aura's are Purity, Hatred, Grace.

I'm well aware that Montregul's is a dps drop, it's quite clear when you switch it out but damage is still very high and now my L19/Q20 zombies have over 10k hp.

Long term I'm looking to save up for a nice 6 link chest which I can craft +1 max zombies onto to get 5 with montregul's or 10 without. I'm also leveling an empower so hopefully long term I'll be able to switch zombies into one of my +2 minion helms with empower multistrike and splash to get level 24 zombies and spectres will go into the chest.

Minion wise, I'm using zombies in the BoR with multistrike, splash, added fire/item quantity. Spectres are Evangelists linked to minion damage, inc aoe, spell echo.

I self cast unlinked skeletons to take agro or direct the real damage dealers, and I also self cast arc linked to proliferation for directing minions and spreading the shock.

Arc + ele prolif is hilarious now that shock stacks are down to 1 unit for +50% damage.

Curse wise I'll use Enfeeble on high level bosses, everything else dies to fast.

Last edited by Shunyata000 on Sep 29, 2014, 11:17:03 AM
@Shunyata000: Have you tried SRS in that legacy BOR?
SRS-addedfire-multistrike-minion damage... Might be a total massacre... :D
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Sep 30, 2014, 3:58:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info