Quick Summoner thread to see some diversity in these types of builds

Damn linking from a crappy mobile is a.pain.

Reasoning was summon raging spirits.took all dmg and duration nodes.Didnt planned for this,but as uniques dropped i changed my gear and setup as game wanted me to play with cloak.

3 spectres with aoe increase.Dont need something else really.

Then hatred with generosity and clarity for artic armour.

Took all minion atk nodes,and leech and regens node for minions.

Figured,my main source of heavy dmg is srs and see there was no point of running more auras,instead i have more mana to get protected by cloak and artic armour still levels.

I came to realisation i could do maps very fast and i have to die since level 81,85 now where i made the change to gear and tree.I sweep through maps whatever mods till i reach boss in which vaal skeletons do wonders.Even today did shrine,palace consecutevely thismorning without problems.

Skeletotem and zombototem.Dont need them,but why not?Its an extra dps and meatshield

Flesh offering.Again and again and again.

On tree i have got the left side auras and buff nodes.Same on the right side buff nodes and EB.I plan to make it to 90,so the rest points will go to hp and something special.I may even try atziri feeling very comfortable already.

Next,i am going to work on getting some better ring and amu.I am happy so far.

Ps.spectre giant statues of bazzar,is the most tankiest unit in the game,period.Those,and merveils statues
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Sep 24, 2014, 12:11:06 PM
It is debateble to call srs a summoner build ;) i kid i kid
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
(can't seem to copy the image link)

Love that grim reaper scythe for a summoner, now I want one.
Last edited by simballine on Sep 24, 2014, 2:38:29 PM
i wanted a guaranteed useful build that i could throw together for less than an exalted orb,

so the mf necro aegis , reaper build is as dirt cheap as you can get while still being some what attractive in group settings.

im not gona be as awesome as the current weekly spot light build , but atleast i dont need a level 3 empower and the now expensive 200 es gloves and minion helms / midnight bargain to pull it off.

win win to me even if i only achieve a fraction of the dps that it gets. and i get to be scion .. yay better character model than witches yaaaaaay
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 24, 2014, 2:43:11 PM
I play classic summoner, that is aura/minions/es passives with addition of Iron Reflex and dual curse.

Passive Tree can be found here:
Current gear here:
Spoiler

Defense stats here:
Spoiler

Running with 8 auras: Purity of Lightning/Fire/Ice, Vitality, Discipline, Haste, Hatred, Grace.

Two curses: Vulnerability, Elemental Weakness

10 Zombies lv24 6-linked with: Raise Zombie - Empower - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Melee Splash/Add Fire Damage

4 Undying Evangelists lv20 4-linked with: Raise Spectre - Spell Echo - Increased Duration - Increased AoE

Support Skills: Bone Offering, Flesh Offering, Convocation, Desecrate

Sample of build performance can be found in this video:
It has been recorded couple of days ago, and I've made couple of changes to build since that. Warlords Mark been replaced with Elemental Weakness and both Unset Rings shown in video with ones linked in this post. That resulted in much smoother dual cursing due to bigger manna pool and regen. Clear speed gets improved thanks to Elemental Weakness.

Plans for future:
- Level 95 in week or two and spec one missing +10% Minion Life node
- Corrupted Prism Guardian with +1 Level to all gems.
- Corrupted Astramentis amulet with +1 Additional Curse.
- Speck out 4 points from Dual Curse cluster and 3 points from below Mana/Regen nodes.
- Get whole Body and Soul cluster with 7 retreived skill points to improve Energy Shield, Resistance and Armour.
- First attempt on Uber Atziri.
um , that is not really a classic summoner , by very definition of classic you cant be using alphas shavs midnight or prism guardian.

that is a low life build. o.o

and my god how much did that stuff cost you?
My character died at like 80, but I was doing a self-cast Necromantic Aegis Skeleton build. Skeletons are very underrated for the amount of damage they bring. They also become quite tanky with the appropriate shield + Necromantic Aegis.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
um , that is not really a classic summoner , by very definition of classic you cant be using alphas shavs midnight or prism guardian.

that is a low life build. o.o

and my god how much did that stuff cost you?

For me, passive tree rather than gear define whether someone play classic summoner or not.
Cost wise, obviously Shavronne's drained my pocket most - 120ex + 30ex for re-colouring.
Ok, I made it back. Here is my poor man's Beyond league summoner. Currently lvl 74 and running up to 71 maps without issue. I did try a 71 palace from Zana and couldn't quite finish dominus in second form, he wiped my army with about a quarter of his life left and I didn't feel like going back (mission was already failed). But, beyond mobs and bosses have not been an issue thus far. That is a good indication of where the build is at right now and where it will be with 20/20 gems etc.

Basic Idea
The idea of the build is classic summoner and that puts me there only for summon support. The final build will run three auras on mana (Haste, Hatred, and purity of elements), one curse which is enfeeble or vulnerability depending on situation. Running 9 zombies with 3 spectres (evangelists). My defense is non existent besides life (goal 4500-5000), resistances, shield (perandus) and ES (goal 3000+). My plan was to be able to solo up to 75 maps and possibily higher if gg gear and army is surviving. No problems yet and seems quite accurate.

Current Gear

Some of the gear will be upgraded but no other uniques are planned and the basic idea is already in place. My resistances are way overcapped so I hope to substitute some mf when i can.

I swap out defensive flask as needed.

Planned Gem setup

Helm - Zombies, melee phys, FA, minion damage
Chest - Spectres, echo, faster casting, minion damage
Boots - Hatred, haste, purity, reduced mana
Gloves - Flesh offering, Desecrate, faster casting, increased duration.
Shield - Enfeeble, Rejuv totem, Faster casting
Wep - vaal skels, vaal grace, increased duration
Extra spots on chest - convocation, smoke mine for boxes

No multistrike or added fire on zombies? No, the effectiveness and dps on zombies is based on a few things. Their damage, their attack speed, and their movement speed. Multistrike increase attack speed but directly reduces damage and indirectly reduces movement speed. Most mobs die almost instantly and with multi the zombies are standing there swinging at nothing. Test out both and go with what works for you. Added fire is less damage in this build period.

Flesh offering is boss. It is like running vaal haste 24/7. Plan on keeping it up 24/7. Bone offering is also very good but as a general rule you want dps all the time and defense when you need it. Vaal grace is more or less equivelent, also saves your ass, and can be popped in that tough fight. FYI, I am leveling a bone offering and vaal haste just in case. No need of either so far.

I very rarely use vulnerability because my army kills everything so quickly. The only thing I have time to curse are bosses and I usually want enfeeble for those for me and my army.

Rejuv totem is excellent for all the degen in beyond.

Any questions let me know.

Edit: Pro tip, find the stairs in scepter of god and get 68 eva's instead of 67.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Sep 24, 2014, 7:04:35 PM
I'm playing a summoner in the Beyond League who finds her gear, crafts it, or buys it from NPCs. She seems to be doing OK. Playstyle, stats, passives, and gear are listed below.

Playstyle ...

Spoiler
Lead with enfeeble totem. Cast SRS when the totem shakes. In most battles, zombies do their shuffling thing, spirits do their flying thing, and my summoner then picks up the gear.

When things are less straightforward, such as when red portals start to drop in numbers, I'll often drop conversion trap over the portals. Or directly in front of my summoner, if the red portals are in a dangerous place. That way, when Beyond spawns pop up at least one or two of them usually becomes friendly right away. Busier and more apparently dangerous screens get more conversion traps laid down. Sometimes I'll re-summon zombies on the fly, "retreat and reload", that kind of thing.

Basic Stats - resists given for Merciless difficulty
Spoiler
Current level: 75
Life = 1
Energy Shield = 5138*
Mana = 1056
Armour = 2496 (23%)
Evasion = 584 (10%)
Resists = 75(83) / 75(87) / 76(113) / 100 fire/cold/lite/chaos^

* with Discipline running, which it always is.
^ over-resist figures given in parentheses, so 75(83) means 75 resist applied against damage, 83 total resist

Passives …

Gear
Spoiler

There are quite a few compromises / limitations in current gear. But, resists are maxed, the armour total isn't completely terrible, and my summoner's ES total is workable for now.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Sep 25, 2014, 2:21:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info