Quick Summoner thread to see some diversity in these types of builds

So, if you're a summoner please post your build and equipment. Passives that are key to your build and what you plan to do with your build if you were to continue it further. Also please explain how your build works as well. I'll go first as an example:

My Zombies are single target and do pure melee physical, My specters are mean't to be ranged and once I 6L my sword (Hopefully) I'll link it with LMP and Echo. My skeletons are mean't to be bombers and just overwhelming things and I pop vaal skelies for the map boss. My aura's are mean't for my minions except discipline and I'm hoping to add in haste somehow. My CWDT setup is probably gonna be replaced with somethings else like a animate gaurdian with leercast and etc. And later on I want to get a Vis Mortis and also 6L that.

Also, the gems on my sword are just for leveling until I get myself that 6L
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
Last edited by Enzari on Sep 23, 2014, 11:24:04 PM

My ZomZoms tank, Spectres(Arcmages) clears white monsters and SRS kills the rest, i run around cursing/resummoning and waiting for that 1-shot which almost never comes... :D
d:-D*
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
Spell totem zombies (7), self-cast skeletons (11), regeneration totem, clarity, spark, conductivity (alternating with temporal chains). Vaal skeletons and fireball for extra/alternate support. Flasks for minion health. No special uniques, 4L, self-found.

Passive focus in lightning and minion skills (and ES). Has scaled well, doing 66 maps currently without serious problems.

Spell totem for zombies is helpful in tough fights, it does the casting for me, maintaining constant minions while I spam lightning or raise skeletons wherever needed. Spark is a force in itself.

No spectres! Challenging, not OP.

Last edited by simballine on Sep 24, 2014, 3:09:23 AM

max block and elemental adaptation with cold snap.

Originally i tried so hard to make hybrid life/es work. After about 9 deaths to chaos damage i finally respeced too CI. Pretty lame how impossible hybrid is without shavs or solaris.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
max block and elemental adaptation with cold snap.

Originally i tried so hard to make hybrid life/es work. After about 9 deaths to chaos damage i finally respeced too CI. Pretty lame how impossible hybrid is without shavs or solaris.

When did you start to have trouble with chaos damage? I am testing out the viability of hybrid as a defense in beyond right now. It is going well but I am only 74 on my necro running 71 and below maps. It is working better than I expected so i am curious what stats and content lvl you achieved.

@OP, i am doing a poor man's summoner atm and loving the results. Breezed through pre map content. Will post build/items when i get home this evening. Should be able to run up 75 maps with quite low end gear once i finish the build/lvl gems.

uber cheap , aura , curse , guardian permanent minion hybrid es hp minion culler mf summoner.

i use zombies and specters for damage, and a guardian for support stuff ( thought really i just use him for funzys since i ran out of room for real skills

i use EE arc with rarity and culling strike on an off hand when i run dom , and i put them in the arumvorax when i map or i just remove cull and rarity in favor of running an increased duration vaal haste instead of just a normal vaal haste.

its not gona do world shattering damage , but it can kill each of domi's forms in a few seconds which is nice given the whole build took less than 40 chaos to make and essentially has ass for gear.

has 3000 life and 1200 es in the mf gear and that is while diverting nodes from life to potions for faster quick silvers.

the chest was chaos-ed off of a 3 chaos 5l purchase total cost was 6 chaos
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 24, 2014, 8:55:51 AM
-edited, wrong section sorry...-
Last edited by xonedl on Sep 24, 2014, 9:08:02 AM
Passive Tree

Map setup with less MF

MF Setup

-7 Auras (Discipline, Haste, Hatred, Vitality, Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning)
-5.7k ES, 82 all res
-5L evangelist for damage/culling MF
-4L zombies for damage
-3L Skeletotem-blind for bosses
-1L Vaal summon sketelon for bosses
-1L Summon raging spirit to guide minion (was using storm call before)
-Bone offering to get rid of corpses

Next skill points would be more ES (I could go for blood magic/mortal conviction but it would require respecing or level 100).

This build has pretty much reached it's max potential, I can do 78 maps but I skip most bosses on 76+ since I killed them once (except palace Dominus) and it's not worth the risk or the time on this build.
Fairly basic setup atm: still working on finalizing gems and I really need to work on my chaos resist and gear.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Sep 24, 2014, 10:12:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info