[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
MacWrath wrote:
im trying this build and im at lvl 56 atm, but i got huge mana issues what should i do to keep my mana up ?

Hello MacWrath! Glad you are trying the build.

You can either remove a support gem or two from your attack skill, or you can get a mana leech item, or you can remove an aura to ensure you have 2-3 repetitions of your skill available on your unreserved mana pool, or you can trade for / find / get from an alt a mana leech support gem.

Some combination of these tips will solve your mana issue.

Hope this helps!
I've been searching for a viable 1h+shield Templar build for a while, and I'll give this one a try.

But I have to ask: why no Lightning Strike?
Last edited by Freakey_ on Aug 10, 2013, 11:47:34 PM
"
I've been searching for a viable 1h+shield Templar build for a while, and I'll give this one a try.

Welcome! I'm glad you are starting a lazy pally.

LS is a fine skill, and it is very defensive in nature as well as it can be used ranged.

In my limited experience with it I don't find it to do as much damage as my heavy strike combo. I also do like to get right in there face to face, but that's personal style. With the ranged capability of LS I would have to use it so I would end up more of a ranged character. You can certainly use LS if you like.

If you decide to specialize in LS let us know how it goes!
I just want to give you a big big thanks for this guide. On a whim I decided to download the game again, this is the exact style of game play i enjoy. Rock on man rock on
"

Lightning strike is great, especially if you got some unique old daggers in the stash. I either start with LS or dual cleave each time i start one of these builds. Yeah 4th attempt now. Trying to have atleast 30% armour and more life then earlier have made me "stun-proof", sure i dps but will try to beat my record at lvl 73...

I level a heavy strike on my secondary weapons, but so far LS is superior in everything, probably because i keep on finding elemental damage weapons.

"
Cptnchaos wrote:
I just want to give you a big big thanks for this guide. On a whim I decided to download the game again, this is the exact style of game play i enjoy. Rock on man rock on

Glad to hear it. :)

Let us know periodically how you get on!
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Yeah 4th attempt now. Trying to have atleast 30% armour and more life then earlier have made me "stun-proof", sure i dps but will try to beat my record at lvl 73...

Fourth time's the charm? Best of luck!

I think I've always had at least 30% armour as I leveled up determination early on... and always focused on life on my gear, so I guess that may explain why I have never really noticed getting stunned. Perhaps folks focusing more on IIR/IIQ may notice it more..... but then this build is a melee build so got to get the essentials (defense)!
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 11, 2013, 11:34:45 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Welcome! I'm glad you are starting a lazy pally.

LS is a fine skill, and it is very defensive in nature as well as it can be used ranged.

In my limited experience with it I don't find it to do as much damage as my heavy strike combo. I also do like to get right in there face to face, but that's personal style. With the ranged capability of LS I would have to use it so I would end up more of a ranged character. You can certainly use LS if you like.

If you decide to specialize in LS let us know how it goes!

I was thinking about Lightning Strike because it's damage potential, not the "ranged aspect".

What I'm afraid about this build is that it is very slow (we can see that in the video), using single target attacks to bring down a mobs in a pack one by one.

Don't you think Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage (or something like that) with Conductivity (and Static Blows) would do better?

BTW, thank you for the guide and quick responses.
Last edited by Freakey_ on Aug 11, 2013, 12:29:14 PM
"
I was thinking about Lightning Strike because it's damage potential, not the "ranged aspect".

What I'm afraid about this build is that it is very slow (we can see that in the video), using single target attacks to bring down a mobs in a pack one by one.

Don't you think Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage (or something like that) with Conductivity (and Static Blows) would do better?

BTW, thank you for the guide and quick responses.

LS+WED+mana leech + any kind of extra link is great.
Atm i cant afford to waste more chroms so using RRRRG, the disadvantage with LS is that mana leech is very low unless you add the gem for it. Compaired with physical damage skills. I did love when i had a q16% LS gem, that piercing bonus is just awesome. combined with LMP and fork i did nuke all over the place. And switched a green gem for faster attack when it was time to nuke a boss/singeltarget. But that was in another life :-p
"

It's not a very offensive build, you can find videos of other builds clearing maps faster.
But it's an everyman build, there's no decisive item needed to be effective; and it's open to whatever skills you prefer.
Sovyn plays strictly self found items, if you don't mind trading, your gear will be better than him and you'll be faster.

You can use Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Conductivity + Mana Leech, plus having Static Blows.
I use Heavy Strike + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Splash +Faster Attacks. Melee Splash gives me the aoe ability at a lower dps cost.

Heavy Strike has higher damage multiplier x150 than LS x120, also higher increased physical damage per level and lower mana cost. Heavy Strike let you leech enough mana from gear so you don't need Mana Leech gem and could use another offensive. Your life leech will be higher too, so your survival will be better too.

Standard build gives you some Increased Physical Attack nodes, but too few elemental, so you probably would want to tweak a bit if you use LS. Also your intelligence is low, so you'll need to pull some +30 intelligence nodes or/and depend on gear to maximize your blue gems.

Lightning strike is viable, but Heavy Strike has more synergies with the standard build.
Btw other players are using Infernal Blow witch has pseudo aoe (explode) and is red (no need to boost your intelligence).

IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Last edited by kahoraho on Aug 11, 2013, 2:35:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info