[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Is Reckless Defense worth buying now? Stats are way different than the earlier version in the guide. Max 4% spell block instead of 20%
Still one of my favorite build guides and builds. Thanks mate for keeping up with it
"
nicoeriksson wrote:
I'm coming across a strange bug.

It seems that whenever I come across caustic ground I lose health which bypasses my shield. The health that is lost does not come back. Leech and health pots dont work and I seem to be stuck with around 80% health until I, get this, take off a piece of gear and put it back on...

Strange indeed!

I tried crafting an "of desecration" map to test and was unable to do so.

However, I just went to chamber of sins to test this on the zombies that release caustic cloud and was able to regain life via either flask or leech.

I know the map ground effect may be different, but it's the best I can do off the top of my head.

I also searched online and on Reddit and no one is talking about a bug as far as I can tell.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

It almost sounds like a insufficient stats issue where some gear becomes unequippable.

Anyone else?
"
Old_Fart wrote:
Is Reckless Defense worth buying now? Stats are way different than the earlier version in the guide. Max 4% spell block instead of 20%

Yes, it's still worth it as it has a lot of block as nodes go, but get one with 3-4 block.
"
SirSpiffyy wrote:
Still one of my favorite build guides and builds. Thanks mate for keeping up with it

Thanks for checking in, SirSpiffyy!
I have followed this guide for Betrayal.

I wanted to share my experience so far, im lvl 74 and just got a Tabula Rasa.

I used smite until I got consecrated ground and used that up until I got Tabula. I'm now using lightning strike.

I was a little discouraged with the strength of the build until I got the tabula ( I used bringer for awhile since it was 1c). I'm using hatred and without any buffs or anything my tooltip is sitting at 13.3k right now. Using Scaeva Gladius atm
Last edited by drewnation on Dec 12, 2018, 1:27:52 AM
"
drewnation wrote:
I'm using hatred and without any buffs or anything my tooltip is sitting at 9.1k right now. Using Scaeva Gladius atm

If you want to stay with lightning strike (blade flurry does more DPS but less safety range).... take off the three nodes spent on Amplify and spend two on Iron Grip instead. Also, look for a lioneye's remorse as an upgrade to your shield.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
drewnation wrote:
I'm using hatred and without any buffs or anything my tooltip is sitting at 9.1k right now. Using Scaeva Gladius atm

If you want to stay with lightning strike (blade flurry does more DPS but less safety range).... take off the three nodes spent on Amplify and spend two on Iron Grip instead. Also, look for a lioneye's remorse as an upgrade to your shield.

blade fury seems to have short range and feels clunky imo compared to lit strike and all the projs that go out

Grabbed Iron Grip, and a Lioneye's shield. Holy crap, that shield gives me over 30% additional phy dmg reduction... coming through with the pro tips! can't thank you enough.
Last edited by drewnation on Dec 12, 2018, 12:35:46 AM
How much health am I supposed to have? I'm currently level 70 with all your items from the premium setup and I got 3k health and 1500 energy shield. I'm not dying but in higher maps I'll get one-shotted. Is it normal to have this low amount of health?

"
madsmeyer wrote:
How much health am I supposed to have? I'm currently level 70 with all your items from the premium setup and I got 3k health and 1500 energy shield. I'm not dying but in higher maps I'll get one-shotted. Is it normal to have this low amount of health?

As with any build, taking items like the belly of beast helps somewhat. A 6-link belly is not the cheapest thing. We take Mind over Matter as well, and you'll need to just run hatred only in order to have enough free mana. Altogether it gets the job done.

The other approach other than block is to just take a ton of life nodes, this build is an alternative to that.

Edit, you'll have more life too by the time you get to those higher maps just by leveling and following the guide... at least another 1K probably more like 1500.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 12, 2018, 2:51:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info