[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
p4ndi0n wrote:
Hello!
Don't mind about my English, secondary language...
Im glad to know your topic still alive after years! You help me a lot with my first character years ago and I back to play on Xbox now and using your updated guide again (and loving it using LS).

Let me ask you. If I choose standard defense build is viable use maim or only if I choose the uber variation?
If no, what support you recommend me? Damage on Full Life, Vicious Projectiles, or Elemental Focus?

Thanks and one more time, good job sir!!!!!!

Maim works for the 6th support link with either uber or standard build.

Elemental focus does a bit more damage, but you can't shock. Probably a better choice overall, for the consistency.

Vicious projectiles is up around the same damage, but if you get too close you start doing melee attacks and lose this support, so the other two are probably better overall choices.

Damage on full life is very good but not up all the time, especially if you don't use aegis so again, the first two choices are probably best.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 16, 2018, 2:05:32 PM
Oh, thanks!!!
I bought a BoR, is a bad idea for start? What links you recommend me to use in BoR + LS? Have another variant to kill bosses using BoR to use with same socket collors of LS?

Thanks one more time!
Last edited by p4ndi0n on Nov 18, 2018, 3:44:09 PM
Literally the tightest build of all time.
"
p4ndi0n wrote:
Oh, thanks!!!
I bought a BoR, is a bad idea for start? What links you recommend me to use in BoR + LS? Have another variant to kill bosses using BoR to use with same socket collors of LS?

Thanks one more time!

BoR is good until maps at least, but the melee physical damage link is not the best for LS as it won't support the projectile portion which should be your main map clearing method.

With BoR you'll want ancestral call (use a good medium distance from target to get the AC bros to help you + kill stuff around obstacles), multistrike (screen spam projectiles), and physical to lightning (slightly higher DPS than elemental damage with attacks).
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 19, 2018, 1:34:29 PM
https://pastebin.com/JJtnibrF

Would this skill tree be ok to use with a skill such as Tectonic Slam? Im kinda new to the game and the skill tree is always so daunting. I plan to use Daresso's Defiance or warlord's Mark to help with the charges.
"
wes171 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/JJtnibrF

Would this skill tree be ok to use with a skill such as Tectonic Slam? Im kinda new to the game and the skill tree is always so daunting. I plan to use Daresso's Defiance or warlord's Mark to help with the charges.

You can use the optimized build on page #1 for tectonic

However, I noticed a few nodes I felt were wasted on yours so I improved it a bit. You can take a few good damage nodes instead (see the guide for suggestions for your weapon type)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.0/AAAABAAAABzcW6-XLYBWTUYB5w3NGFYIZ_xLNuiplfnoDY0GDr0nK1AYPG8nj2CnCAUtYuyE7-vu73xRYBzOwGaiAHk5xq6jigSzr6caVbiTd-WCx_Af4J9fPxQgBIcbre8OPQ_uDgthvJ9WSH7irK9JT1BHI_bzBvuqaPJOKiftj5mFMjJOCfYFZsC_Z5t67_Iv5FGHdj3iBjnawZpqwYLYJLGzns3p1So4GJEy0dR8_lRhIRRNkzpAoKcwT32Cm0z_PAWvbAz35FW8qq4-eK5FR02SKPoaPnTtxPYj00MxSn38xQ==
How about using the build for one of the Shattering Steel or Lancing Steel? The two new gems. I would actually like to try one of them. Do you think this build would suffice or should we wait and see till the actual release?
"
wes171 wrote:
How about using the build for one of the Shattering Steel or Lancing Steel? The two new gems. I would actually like to try one of them. Do you think this build would suffice or should we wait and see till the actual release?

Sure, same supports we use for lightning strike on the uber build will probably work. Whether those skills are top tier remains to be seen.
Hi, somewhat of a new player here. I really need some advice on making the build.

To be frankly my current tree is kind of a mess due to me getting a Varunastra and a 5L loreweave half-way through Act 2 (was using Scaeva + Bringer of Rain before that).

Currently my lvl80 character is looking like this
https://pastebin.com/3egrYDaB

My main problem right now is the lack in damage. Blade Flurry damage even with the Varunastra is about 8k-9k which seem way lower than what I would expected and I'm not really sure where did I go wrong.

I have about 17 free respec points left and I will be using them soon. However, I would like your opinion in both passive tree and equipment first.

Some of the thing I see that need changing right now are
- Take 3 point from Cloth and Chain out and into Blade of Cunning
- Swap the rare Diamond Ring to something else
- Craft weapon elemental damage into gears when I got the chance

Any help would be highly appreciated.
"
vermillion129 wrote:
I have about 17 free respec points left and I will be using them soon. However, I would like your opinion in both passive tree and equipment first.

The tree is really not that bad. I would remove the three nodes at cloth and chain as you said, and the one crit node near deadly dilettante. (We take elemental overload so don't need crit nodes)

The main issue is that you are using the uber build concept but that requires red nightmare to work fully.

You can get the damage from the uber tree and that's great, but it won't be that defensive of a build anymore.

That's why I have the basic build setup available.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.4.5/AAAABAUBAQHnBIcEswUtBjkJMwthDFIM9w2NDc0UIBRNFSAYkRo-GlUbrRzOI9Mj9imLKjgrUDJOMtE26DdHPQ894kCgQzFFR0WdSU9KfUz_TUZNkk4qUEdRYFNSW69fP2EhYuxnm2jya6xvJ3TteK55OXrvfuKAMITvhTKHdo9gj5mXLZpqmuCbbpx7ns2iAKOKpzCouamVrK-uPq9sr6exs7yfvKrAZsC_wYLE9sau0Tbawd0N34biLORR6dXr7u1h7g7vDvAf8wb53fuq_Ev8xf5U

I know it's not as exciting, but, in my opinion, scaeva and bringer of rain work better until you can afford the whole uber setup (red nightmare and a six-link chest).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info