[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
rlpowell wrote:
My apologies if this has been answered before, but the thread is *rather long* and there's no within-thread search as far as I can tell.

Why Vaal Pact, given that it loses you the consecrated ground regen? Seems a weird tradeoff.

True, but quick leech is much better than life regen.

We get other good stuff from consecrated ground nodes from inquisitor -

40% increased damage
6% mana and ES regen (good for Aegis and Mind over Matter)
25% attack speed
Immune to Ele Ailments

... And it's pretty much always up.

Seems reasonable. Thanks!
Hey Sovyn!

I've been using this guide for a couple of years now on and off, just a casual gamer so it's my only character.

I have great fun playing it without much issue even on lvl 14 maps, however I think I hit the ceiling and was wondering if you could help me.

So, The Elder pretty much destroyed me a couple of times today and basically it comes down to me being unable to outvalue his shield leech.

Does it come down to me just not being as experienced or should I adapt my build for endgame?

I'm running Lightning Strike with your Red Nightmare + Varunastra build and I've got half of my items with perfect rolls.

What should I change? Is there anything to give me an edge?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/WoKoliS/characters
"
WoKoliS wrote:
it comes down to me being unable to outvalue his shield leech.

For that you may have to switch to blade flurry. LS is great for clearing range but the sacrifice is the DPS is about half.

blade flurry - phys to light - concentrated - melee phys - ele damage - ele focus

You could also throw a 4-link vaal double strike into the mix, also a warchief to get DPS up further with blade flurry (about 20% more).

PS Your character profile is set private, I can't see it.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
WoKoliS wrote:
it comes down to me being unable to outvalue his shield leech.

For that you may have to switch to blade flurry. LS is great for clearing range but the sacrifice is the DPS is about half.

blade flurry - phys to light - concentrated - melee phys - ele damage - ele focus

You could also throw a 4-link vaal double strike into the mix, also a warchief to get DPS up further with blade flurry (about 20% more).

PS Your character profile is set private, I can't see it.

I fixed my profile's privacy. I've spent entire day on trying that Elder fight and blade flurry definitely let me reach his 25% hp threshold, but nothing beyond that, sometimes I just get oneshotted.

I assume Ming's Heart isn't necessary for that specific encounter, do you have any other suggestions?
"
WoKoliS wrote:
do you have any other suggestions?

You can get a leveled up vaal double strike 4-link setup on your helmet to power through the spots where you need more damage.

Also, support gems for ancestral warchief.

Curses don't do much on elder so focus on that on boots.

Ancestral Warchief + Ruthless + Maim + Concentrated Effect

If you are in a hurry just trade for level 20 gems for all these.

You can get a little more out of your attack skill gems by leveling them all the way too, fairly minor though.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 1, 2018, 6:30:10 PM
Inquisitor is the suggested ascendancy for damage but if I pick another are there good suggestions for tree changes for more damage? I did this build a long time ago and want to try it again but possibly with Juggernaut instead.

For example Elemental Overload is only 3 points away from the posted tree, would that or other things work well with Undeniable?

Since I want to be lazy and more or less do self found how big of a deal is spell block if I don't want to mess with flasks? Would a Gladiator be lazier?

I do have a Crest of Perandus, at what point should I look into dropping it for some tower shield?
"
CampingCarl2 wrote:
Inquisitor is the suggested ascendancy for damage but if I pick another are there good suggestions for tree changes for more damage? I did this build a long time ago and want to try it again but possibly with Juggernaut instead.

For example Elemental Overload is only 3 points away from the posted tree, would that or other things work well with Undeniable?

Since I want to be lazy and more or less do self found how big of a deal is spell block if I don't want to mess with flasks? Would a Gladiator be lazier?

I do have a Crest of Perandus, at what point should I look into dropping it for some tower shield?

I have no idea if the damage would be better on jug, but I doubt it.

We get 45% total attack speed from inquis, which would require 9000 accuracy with Undeniable to duplicate. Undeniable has 30% increased damage, but Sanctify has 40%.

My build takes elemental overload already, maybe you weren't looking at the completed build. Feel free to take it earlier if you want, everything is a tradeoff, some of this for some of that.

Yes, Gladiator is probably better for self found, but you'll do much less damage, so there's that. You can do the game with no spell block, FYI. Just max resists and maybe level up your purity aura gems for situations.

I would upgrade Crest before Malachai as that is the first hard boss in the game, you'll need to upgrade everything to beat him.

Edit; I think I got through at least until act 8 one time with Crest. It's really more about resists and tactics.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 6, 2018, 3:57:07 PM
Hi Sovyn,

I asked out why your build never appears on poebuilds.cc

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2243548/page/1#p15915699

I think the solution is that your build isn't indexed on the cc builds website page
because your build title doesn't have a skill game name.

For example if in patch 3.5 you update your build. You have to write one skill gem name that you use, mostly it's the main skill gem.

So if you like to index your build thread -> put up a main skill gem.

It's not needed that you rename your build, but I forward to see this build in 3.5 for more popularity :)

Right now I replay the whole story campaign translated in my language(to read all dialogues and google for lore) with this build as Selffound Softcore.(Level 35)
I went with Smite skill gem and herold of purity that fit's the Inquisitor fantasy style :D

For now I try out if this build would complete more the 'rightgeous Inquisitor fluff' for playing it with a 2hand weapon; prefered 2 hand Mace ;P

Would be glad for some help or experience with 2hand weapon for this build(passiv tree choices, weapon choices and so on..)

Still great thanks for this Build & Hype for November 14th: 3.5.0 Expansion Announcement

Greetings and well met,

~High Templar V1reInquisitor Member of the D3 Purge Rebellion and worshiper of Red T-Shirt Guy No. 2 from Bli$$coma 2018~
"
V1re wrote:
I think the solution is that your build isn't indexed on the cc builds website page
because your build title doesn't have a skill game name.

Unfortunately I don't want to do that as the build is a defensive framework that works with any skill.

Oh well, thanks for trying.
Hello!
Don't mind about my English, secondary language...
Im glad to know your topic still alive after years! You help me a lot with my first character years ago and I back to play on Xbox now and using your updated guide again (and loving it using LS).

Let me ask you. If I choose standard defense build is viable use maim or only if I choose the uber variation?
If no, what support you recommend me? Damage on Full Life, Vicious Projectiles, or Elemental Focus?

Thanks and one more time, good job sir!!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info